Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Chicago Blackhawks

Sounds like it's going to be Colin Delia and Malcolm Subban.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    who makes up the hawks goaltending tandem going forward?

Unless you are really desperate, I'd look elsewhere. The Hawks have one of the worst defenses in the league and have been giving up a high number of prime scoring chances for the last several seasons. I think it will be very ugly in the Chicago net this season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Makes you realize just how good Crawford and Lehner played last year in Chicago; their numbers were gravity-defying

@Daydream, I'm a big Connor Murphy fan but that's only from a stats perspective and I don't watch much of the Hawks. Is he considered a top-4 d-man, not just by default but as a guy to build around?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    who makes up the hawks goaltending tandem going forward?
    To me it's Delia and TBD, likely Subban. I feel that Subban has more or less proven he's not a NHL starter. He might be a NHL backup, but his next above-average season will be his first, and that includes all his one game seasons.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...subbama01.html

Delia is much more unproven, but his NHL performance has been roughly equal to Subban's best season.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...deliaco01.html
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    Makes you realize just how good Crawford and Lehner played last year in Chicago; their numbers were gravity-defying

@Daydream, I'm a big Connor Murphy fan but that's only from a stats perspective and I don't watch much of the Hawks. Is he considered a top-4 d-man, not just by default but as a guy to build around?
    Before the injuries in 2018 hit, Crawford's elite play was making up for the leaky Hawks D for several seasons. Some, including Dobber, used to promote this thought that the Hawks were propping up Crawford when it was just the other way around. Sure, early in Crawford's career he benefited from puck-possession monster Hawks but that changed around the time of their last Cup and definitely through the 2016 to 2018 seasons. Many metrics back that up but that is a discussion for a different day.

In terms of Murphy, he is a solid, 2nd-pairing defensive, defensemen. He doesn't shoot much or skate the puck into the zone but he is good for the grit stats. He isn't someone to build your D around but he is definitely a solid dman. He has had back problems so that is a concern.

And to respond to Hawkdog, I agree with EB that Delia is probably the starter.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Let the battle begin LOL! Thrown to the wolves out of the gate.

https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis/sta...09514450251776

Jeremy Colliton announces Malcolm Subban will be Opening Night starter vs. Tampa Bay. #Blackhawks
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Hard first night at the office. That's a tough team to face out of the gate for a team with so much uncertainty around it. Felt for the Hawks in this one.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

For people clamoring for Strome/Kane/Debrincat, they had a 19% expected goal share last night.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Any more speculation from Chicago-ans about the mystery Jon Toews illness?
    LTIR... damn. That's 24 days minimum.
    https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/stat...78795515977728

Dobber Sports Master

Honestly I'm worried for him and I do hope he's gonna be ok. Maybe it's a heart thing, like seems to affect many hockey players.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Depression? Mono? Lyme disease? Brutal that it doesn't seem to be diagnosed yet. Hope it gets figured out and he comes back before the season is done. Great, great player.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Philipp Kurashev is one of the most pleasant rookie surprises of the year, can he possibly stay in the Top-6 role when Chicago roster will eventually get healthier?
    16 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper League; 30 men roster (and 20 combined IR; IR+; 5 NA spots)
    Starters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 2D, 4UTIL, 1G (2 starts per week required)
    Categories: G; A; P; +-; PPP; SHP; GWG; SOG, FOW, HIT / W; L; GAA; SV%; SHO

C: Barkov, Horvat, Cirelli (RW), Mercer (RW), Newhook (LW), A. Lowry, Hayton (LW), Dowd (RW), Rossi, Dellandrea (RW), M. Savoie
    LW/RW: A. Svechnikov, Guentzel, J. Robertson, E. Kane, Batherson, Bjorkstrand, Jarvis, Lehkonen, C. Brown, Vatrano, Peterka, Chinakhov, Balcers, Raddysh, Marchenko, Soderblom, Barabanov, Ohgren
    D: Seider, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Liljegren
    G: Hellebuyck, Saros, Ullmark, Wolf, Annunen

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by townghost View Post
    Philipp Kurashev is one of the most pleasant rookie surprises of the year, can he possibly stay in the Top-6 role when Chicago roster will eventually get healthier?
    Several scouts, including Wheeler and Pronman on the Athletic, were way off on Kurashev not even listing him in the top 5 of Hawk prospects. I traded for him last season and kept a spot for him. What a sick rush last night.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I read on twitter that Kirby Dach is ahead of schedule and might comeback before the end of the season.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I read on twitter that Kirby Dach is ahead of schedule and might comeback before the end of the season.
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...by-Dach-Return
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch