Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Random thought

I was browsing through hockeydb.com tonight and noticed that 3 of Chicagos best players hail from Winnipeg.

Toews, Sharp and Keith are all peggers. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Hey Shake you think Morin can be full time next year?
    Nah, he'll be up and down. 2012-13 he'll be a full go for 82 games. He will be around alot more next year, but not full time all year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Shakey please tell me that this little Turco experiment is now over and they can go back to winning with Crawford in the nets

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks visit the White House..

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555814

Jonathan Toews...yes sir, great season 68 pts in 66 games.

81 points currenty 5th seed in West.

4 teams in conference are tied with 81 points. This thing can go any direction.

Early Game on Sunday vs Caps 1130 AM start time.

8-1-1 in Last 10 games..

Buckle down boys...

Shakedown, buddy, big guy, pal o'mine,

Can ya help a fellow poolie out? See I'm in quite the little battle this week. Winner gets 1st overall seed and bye week for playoffs - which guarantees $$$.

So, as the 'Hawks number one fanatic, was wondering if you would put a call into Kane and ever so genteely remind him TO SCORE SOME #$%&!!!-ING POINTS TONIGHT AGAINST THE SHARKS!!!

[ahem...] Sorry, I lost my head there for a sec. Anywhoo, if you can help a brother out, it'd be much appreciated.

thanks.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Shakedown, buddy, big guy, pal o'mine,

Can ya help a fellow poolie out? See I'm in quite the little battle this week. Winner gets 1st overall seed and bye week for playoffs - which guarantees $$$.

So, as the 'Hawks number one fanatic, was wondering if you would put a call into Kane and ever so genteely remind him TO SCORE SOME #$%&!!!-ING POINTS TONIGHT AGAINST THE SHARKS!!!

[ahem...] Sorry, I lost my head there for a sec. Anywhoo, if you can help a brother out, it'd be much appreciated.

thanks.
    Looks like he heard you. haha

lol...yeah, it would appear so.

Shakedown is good. Scary good!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Avoid the sweep, not goin' down without a fight...but yes we're still goin' down..good to at least get a W in the series.....

Dobber Sports Monster

Our season comes to an end, but what a damn awesome way to end the year. Game 7 OT thriller vs the Canucks in an epic series. Be proud Chicago, the defending champs went down swinging both fists...

Crawford my man, your growing up, turning into a very good goalie. Look forward to big things next year from ya.

Toews...your a great captain, you'll get the boys back on the horse next year and we'll get back here and go farther in the playoffs.

Q - great run - tweak some things in the off season and lets get back at it

Great year fella's. Lots of issues with the cap before the season, had to make some unwanted changes, but some guys stepped in, Leddy, Bickell, Smith, etc etc..

Proud of my Hawks. They were down 3-0 and could of folded up shop, went through the motions of closing the year out early. No way , not these guys. Toews certainly would not allow for it. You guys Rock!!

Dobber Sports Monster

A good read from Sam on SecondCity

I honestly wish I could write something to make it ok. I'd give anything to do so.

But I can't. I know a lot of us will spend the entire summer lamenting a Sharp chance on the power play, and one Campoli turnover. And Burrows making it count. God, that sting will never stop. But remember, this victory for them only counts if they take it all the way. Maybe that's sour grapes, but it's what I feel, and I'm sure they do too.

But how upset are you right now? A completely exhausted, flawed, and probably injured defending champ just would not lie down, would not let it go. We are farther than we probably had any right to be. If there's a Canucks fan out there with even three marbles left, they would tell you it was well played and they had to earn every inch. I know that for a lot of you will hear it from the fans of the Canucks, Wings, Blues, and others are probably coming. But what do we have to apologize for?

Yeah, there were a lot of points pissed away this year, and we spent our time bitching about that. We should have never been in this position, but that goes both ways. We shouldn't have made the playoffs, at the same time as we shouldn't have been scrapping for just a spot either. It's hard to reconcile. Where do you go?

Was it all a cheap thrill? I don't know, maybe, but I doubt it. Finally, after we'd been begging for it all year, the Hawks showed the heart and sack of a defending champ. It looked so desperate, and I, like you, when Toews simply decided he was going to get a shorty to tie it thought it had to be our game. It wasn't. Sometimes playoff games are just coin flips. We got one on Sunday. We didn't get one tonight.

At the same time, the Hawks put themselves in a position to be executed by one simple bounce or mistake. They have the option of blaming anything they want, but deep down we and they know why they're here now. It didn't have to be this way, they made it so. 3-0 to the best team in the league is such a big hill to climb, no matter what you think you or they or made of, it's asking so much.

It wouldn't be fair to not compliment the Canucks. I don't think I or anyone in the 606 thought they could hold their nerve tonight, and they did. They played an excellent game, and were only a Hail Mary from seeing it out in OT. It hurts to see them celebrate, I get it. But you know that they deserve it. And they know that they were pushed so far, they simply can't have anything but respect for us now.

It's going to be a long summer. But this team is not that far away. It's two, maybe three moves from being elite again. I know it deep down when I say:

The future is bright. The future is red.

Dobber Sports Monster

Brouwer undergoes shoulder surgery

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...,0,68127.story

Good write up on Duncan Keith - last year and moving forward

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2011...s-duncan-keith

Dobber Sports Monster

Four feathers radio voices Troy Murray and John Weideman give their thoughts on the 2011 fans choice awards.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

Dobber Sports Monster

As already reported by RR - Corey Crawford signs 3 year deal with the Hawks.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/54783...-contract.html

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Posts 54 & 55 were excellent Shake, written as a true fan of the game as well as the Hawks. Congrats on the signing of your young stud keeper.

Dobber Sports Monster

Second straight day the Hawks sign a goalie.

Yesterday the lock up C.C for 3 years.

Today they sign Salak on 2 year one way deal. ( Will be C.C's backup )

http://http://www.chicagobreakingspo...,2354782.story