Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Turco is starting next game if he wins does he keep playing or will Quinville go back to the kid you think?? Keep his confidence high??
    Turco will get the draw tonight yes, Crawford will be right back out there next game or at worst in next 2 games. Aside from the St. Louis game ( which he still won but gave up 4 goals on 26 shots I believe it was 26) Crawford has been very solid. They will go back to him within a game or 2. It's gonna trend this way for a little while. Crawford WILL become even more of a factor as time moves forward.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I sure am hoping that your right because I am banking on this kid to take over and if he does I am going to make that run for 1st place in league!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Turco will get the draw tonight yes, Crawford will be right back out there next game or at worst in next 2 games. Aside from the St. Louis game ( which he still won but gave up 4 goals on 26 shots I believe it was 26) Crawford has been very solid. They will go back to him within a game or 2. It's gonna trend this way for a little while. Crawford WILL become even more of a factor as time moves forward.
    As mentioned the other day, Crawford is back in goal Sunday @home vs Flames.

Start him in your daily lineup leagues.

Per rotoworld.com

Corey Crawford will get the start for the Blackhawks on Sunday.
    The Hawks lost 3-0 Friday to Vancouver with Marty Turco in net. They will turn to Crawford Sunday against Calgary.

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks flashback

The Great Stan Mikita ( with video )

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63469

Dobber Sports Monster

I have been extremely busy the last few days, getting geared up for my move to Joliet, IL in January, but wanted to at least touch base again with some Hawks news. Here is some tid bits and news from secondcity blog ( My favorite site )

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/

Dobber Sports Monster

Interesting read on the Morin decison...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...ammer-cap.html

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hawks lines tonight
    Stalberg-Toews-Skille,
    Kopecky-Sharp-Morin,
    Bickell-Dowell-Brouwer,
    Scott-Potulny-Hendry

Without Toews and Sharp in there they look like an AHL team.....there's no way they can let Morin go to the WJC

Oh ya - TURCO is awful. Already looking bad tonight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Oh ya - TURCO is awful. Already looking bad tonight.
    Yes and that is fantastic as a Crawford owner

Dobber Sports Monster

ughhh friggin Turco...no longer gonnA WASTE the energy of typing his name ever again, period.

Crawford man you deserve better, your time is now though, seize the shit out of it son..

Keith...Keith...oh Mr. Keith....

Jeremy Morin, you rock.

I have nothing to say right now about this game tonight, nothing, at least not yet...that was a brutal as hell 3rd period as I've seen in a long time..
    Last edited by Shake; December 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks now have won 3 straight.

19-14-3 41 pts

5 points behind Detroit ( 2nd place)

Last night's win 4-1 over Nashville.

Once again C.C kicked ass!!

Jack Skille 2 goals and Dave Bolland, Bryan Bickell one marker each . This is the production needed from these guys consistently.

Hawks / Preds highlights and post game interviews

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-chi

Dobber Sports Monster

Marty Turco will get the start tonight against the Blue Jackets as Corey Crawford is ill.
    Adjust your lineup as Crawford is apparently too ill to even back up. Turco will make only his second start in the Blackhawks last nine games. He gave up four goals in 10 shots on Dec. 13 against the Avs, so he really needs to redeem himself tonight.
    Source: Jesse Rogers on Twitter

Dobber Sports Stud

As a Crawford owner, the news that Turco will make his third straight start Thursday vs. SJ because Crawford is still sick makes me nervous. Not that Crawford did anything to lose the job, but that Turco might be doing enough to win it back or at least earn more of a time share.

He didn't have to be that sharp Sunday because the Hawks dominated, but he still came within 2:26 of a shutout. Tuesday, they got dominated, and his 40 saves kept 'em in the game. Truth be told, I thought some were lucky because he spent too much time flopping around in the crease like a freshly caught fish in the bottom of a boat, but saves are saves.

Still think Crawford will be no worse than #1A going forward, but part of me would like to see the Sharks shell Turco to be more confident about that.

The Magnificent One

so what are the lines for the next few games with toews now out for 2 weeks?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Ok folks. My life is getting back to normal.

I moved from Orlando, to Chicago and its been a process of moving, a lot involved in moving, but weather was brutal, lots of delays in things, new work, getting acclimated with that, took a week to get power ( really only had cell phone email for online use for a little while) etc etc yadda yadda yadda, just alot going on, but slowly back in the groove of things.

Now onto my Hawks..saw a few games here recently, saw that miserable game vs Phily on Sunday, but I have quite a bit of catching up to do to be quite honest..but I will be ramping up some more posts here for those that care to see any Hawks content...stay tuned..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Jeremy Morin, you rock.
    Hey Shake you think Morin can be full time next year?