Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Chicago Blackhawks

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Gotta be either a deal somewhere or retirement. I would guess the former, and I wonder if it's going to be his hometown Jets where he ends up landing.
    Yeah I can’t imagine it being a retirement or it would have been worked into this announcement. No way Toews doesn’t “retire a Blackhawk” someday.

I think he’s going to announce a deal in the next day or two. I know the Jets are the main speculation and that wouldn’t surprise me. But I’m going to throw another team out there. Now that Bergeron and Krejci have retired, could Toews sign a one-year deal to chase a cup with a team that he denied one to in 2013?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

His girlfriend also owns a salon in CHI, so it could be that there's some discussion on him just going somewhere for a year or two, or maybe she's picking up shop. Tough to say at this point what he's looking for, whether it's money (??), another cup (TB/BOS/VGK/FLA), or the perfect location (FLA/TB/VGK - warmth, WPG/STL - close to family).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Fun alternate: Kane has a handshake deal with the Rangers to sign once he's healthy, and that's why they don't have that second line RW spot filled aside from plugging Vesey in. From there, Kane has now convinced Toews to join him and Panarin in NY.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Well this is certainly interesting information I didn't see coming. Not sure how long it will last. Also puts into question those who expected to see him on Bedard's wing.

https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis/sta...69512021438940

#Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson said Lukas Reichel is “NHL ready” and he will open training camp at center.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Interesting…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well this is certainly interesting information I didn't see coming. Not sure how long it will last. Also puts into question those who expected to see him on Bedard's wing.

https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis/sta...69512021438940
    Maybe Bedard ends up on his wing! Most important thing for me is if they get on the PP together, which they should. Reichel is dynamite, I think his upside is massive as a zone entry/playmaker type playing with a sniper of Bedard's caliber. 100 point upside. Not this season, but as they grow together.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Maybe Bedard ends up on his wing! Most important thing for me is if they get on the PP together, which they should. Reichel is dynamite, I think his upside is massive as a zone entry/playmaker type playing with a sniper of Bedard's caliber. 100 point upside. Not this season, but as they grow together.
    Good point!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I said this before, I personally think that Reichel does not need Bedard to be a stud! I did see him as a wing vs C however, so this is interesting.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Administrator

Charlie Roumeliotis

@CRoumeliotis
    ·
    1h
    Notable #Blackhawks lines today:
    Donato-Bedard-T. Johnson
    Athanasiou-Reichel-Kurashev
    Bjork-Guttman-Raddysh
    Foligno-Dickinson-Perry

*I imagine Hall will slot into Donato's spot once he's healthy, and Donato goes to third line in Bjork's spot

That is not a hot starting spot for Raddysh.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

Mrazek not at practice today.

Corey Perry was scratched last night for "organizational reasons" and missed practice today. The Blackhawks won't comment any further on the situation. Foligno said he hasn't been given any details.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Much like McDavid's rookie year, this may cost him the Calder.

https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-...ate-broken-jaw

VANCOUVER -- Connor Bedard will miss at least another six weeks because of a fractured jaw sustained on Jan. 5, Chicago Blackhawks coach Luke Richardson said.

The rookie center resumed skating less than a week ago. Bedard, the No. 1 pick in the 2023 NHL Draft was hoping to face his hometown Vancouver Canucks on Monday, when the Blackhawks lost 2-0.

“He's devastated not to be here and playing, let alone just being here but he's on course on the recovery,” Richardson said. “It's going to be probably at least six weeks. It's bone settling.”

After the loss, Richardson reiterated Bedard isn't close to returning.

"It was 6-8 weeks at the beginning was what was said so like I don't know; you're never going to know, but talk to me in a month,” he said. “He's not going to be the back by then. There's no change; it’s the same so I don't know, six weeks from the start or from now, it's still in between the timeline.

"He [isn’t] coming back next week, which would be great, but it's not about him wanting to or not. It's just about the medical side of things and the doctors will let us know when he's ready to come back."

Bedard was injured when he was checked by New Jersey Devils defenseman Brendan Smith in the slot in the first period of Chicago’s 4-2 loss. The 18-year-old left the ice with his hand at his mouth but was back skating and doing some light shooting Jan. 16 while wearing a full face shield.

“Even though he's wearing a bubble in practice, he can't exert yet,” Richardson said. “He's not supposed to clinch too hard and let the bones heal with the surgery they did, and even wearing the shield, that's going to bang into your chin, so that's only going to help when his bones are healed and that’s the timeline.”

Bedard leads the Blackhawks and all NHL rookies with 33 points (15 goals, 18 assists) in 39 games. On Jan. 4, he was named to the 2024 Honda (U.S.)/Rogers (Canada) NHL All-Star Game, which will be Feb. 3 at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, four weeks after he was injured.

The NHL announced Monday that New York Rangers center Vincent Trocheck and Winnipeg Jets forward Kyle Connor were added to the roster for the 2024 NHL All-Star Weekend in place of the injured Bedard and Vegas Golden Knights forward Jack Eichel, who is also injured.

Richardson said he isn’t worried about Bedard being ready when he is eventually cleared to return to practice.

“He's going to do whatever he can to get back earlier but that's a doctor's decision and when they do scans and X-rays to make sure that the bone is healed then that'll be the time to ramp up the on-ice stuff to get him ready,” Richardson said. “He's an eager guy. He's going to do everything he can, so when he's ready to come back, he'll be ready to come back.”

The Blackhawks (14-31-2) are 3-5-0 without Bedard and last in the Central Division.

Dobber Sports Icon

What does everyone think of Kevin Korchinski? Is he going to become a top pair PP 1 guy? I may be able to acquire him in a deal in my dynasty league but I have not watched Chicago play this year so am looking for some opinions.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    What does everyone think of Kevin Korchinski? Is he going to become a top pair PP 1 guy? I may be able to acquire him in a deal in my dynasty league but I have not watched Chicago play this year so am looking for some opinions.
    I think he already is.

Dobber Sports Wizard

yeah, i dont think him becoming PP1 guy is a question, as Axe mentioned he is already there. Question is can he keep it and how good will he be at it. I think he got bright future personally but time will tell. For now, there really is no coemption as Jones is taking step back but they young and will have lots of high picks in coming years so who knows.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones