Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Chicago Blackhawks

Welcome to the Madhouse!! The home of the best damn National Anthem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-KsPhvnvc

First off, much thanks for the PG guys , Dobber, Angus for the opportunity and for carving out a little slice of this fine site for us to write about our favorite teams.

Introduction.

I am Brandon 37 years young from Detroit, Michigan born and raised. I am a big Red Wings fan, however somewhere in my DNA at birth the doctors must of done something to me because I bleed Blackhawk colors. Growing up in Detroit around my friends and family was indeed a wild ride, no one understanding how I can be a Red Wing fan but a Blackhawk Diehard. Thinking back as far as I could it was ( I'd guess around 1985) with the likes of Denis Savard, Troy Murray, Al Secord, Doug Wilson, Steve Larmer, Ed Olczyk - this is when my love for the Hawks really took off and 25 years later the love is as strong as ever. A few years later my all time favorite Chicago Blackhawk came on board and the Hawknation love fest just grew and grew ( Jeremy Roenick) I dont care what anyone says this was a great moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ec8PNGt7N0. Steve Thomas, Adam Creighton, Chris Chelios, The Eagle.. Anyway, enough rambling...

This area will feature any / all Hawks news and notes

Game feedback
    Player news. lines, trades, injuries, etc etc
    Prospect news
    Some Rockford news that is relevant
    Hawk History ( going down memory lane)
    Article links
    Much Much more..

I will start out with simple stuff, get my feet wet then really delve into it.

I encourage everyone and anyone to participate and interact and share your Hawk comments.

Anyway I Just wanted to chime in for a quick moment give a small introduction of myself and let everyone know what will come ahead.

It's Thanksgiving here, so it will be a couple days or so before I really dive into this, by the weekend I will be ramping up The " Madhouse"

For now, I leave you with this

( some bad lyrics so mute volume if you dont want kids or others to hear-It's Eminem haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVjKIxgZeHY
    Last edited by Shake; November 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i just bought a toews jersey. not really relevant but i thought i'd share it anyways haha. welcome to the team shake!

The Magnificent One

welcome and cant wait to her everything about kane, hossa, and turco. hawks i own in some leagues. but besides that if you are making a hawks thread and you are posting all these youtube videos i am pretty upset that you missed the best hawks video of them all.

Ofcourse this came out at the end of last season or during the playoffs but its been viewed over 400k times.. so this is your new thread slogan..

WE LOVE THE HAWKS...yeah i am a devil fan but love this video and if you havent seen it get to know it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn3k1KfOrs
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    welcome and cant wait to her everything about kane, hossa, and turco. hawks i own in some leagues. but besides that if you are making a hawks thread and you are posting all these youtube videos i am pretty upset that you missed the best hawks video of them all.

Ofcourse this came out at the end of last season or during the playoffs but its been viewed over 400k times.. so this is your new thread slogan..

WE LOVE THE HAWKS...yeah i am a devil fan but love this video and if you havent seen it get to know it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn3k1KfOrs
    haha yeah I've seen that before, to gimmicky but its a good laugh

The Magnificent One

yeah a bit upsettig.. i see now they have tons of other videos. i just thought they were a bunch of guys who got together to make a hawks video but it seems that is not the case. but yeah its funny. love the taves/toews part. not watching games i had no clue how to pronounce his name so thats too funny.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Cast your vote.

Keith and Toews are in the top 5 in votes in the early going . Keith ranks 1st among defense men.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...rts/101129831/

Dobber Sports Monster

A great read about Stan and Scotty

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...anbowman112410

Dobber Sports Monster

Some IceHog tid bits

Nick Leddy 2 goals 6 assists in 13 games.

Hannu Toivonen .925 save pct 2.08 over his last 6

Defenseman Brian Connelly leads the team with 12 assists and 13 points

Jeremy Morin 15 GP 6 G 3 A 9 pts 25 PIMS he's riding a 3 game point streak.

The Wolverine

When you get a chance, what are your thoughts on Patrick Sharp going forward this season? From many, he's being considered a sell-high option for two reasons: 1) his career high is 66 points, and 2) he usually has a hot start and fades as the season goes on. Here are his basic splits from the last 3 seasons (his main contributing ones):

2009/10

Oct-Dec: 29 points in 40 games
    Jan-Apr: 37 points in 42 games

2008/09

Oct-Dec: 30 points in 34 games
    Jan-Apr: 14 points in 27 games (derailed by injury)

2007/08

Oct-Dec: 32 points in 35 games
    Jan-Apr: 30 points in 45 games (but 26 in last 31 games)

Small sample size (as is his full-time career), so I'm not sure if there's enough evidence to suggest that he will necessarily slow down that much.

Do you see any difference between him this year and previous years to suggest that a 70-75 point season is attainable? Or is he playing over his head a bit?

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Monster

Sharks 5 Hawk 2

Not even gonna go into great detail on this one. Just know this, Crawford will be getting alot more action in net in the short term. It's gonna happen. Also Nick Boyton gave up 2 goals by himself on horrible outlet passes that Pavelski and Marleau turned into quick goals. Horrible! That isnt a team mistake, its just mental errors on Boyton.

Duncan Keith played less than 20 minutes, that number will be back over 20 mins immediately.

The Hawks played to much of a perimeter game last night. Brouwer and company need to be in front of net much much more. Niemi was not really challenged the entire night for the most part.

Right now the best player on the Hawks to date is Patrick Sharp, he's been the most consistent since day 1 puck drop. He is a -10 but most every Hawk is in the negative ( except Toews & Hossa)

Horrorfan Yes buy into Sharp , his numbers are legit and will remain so. He's alot more aggressive this year, he's outshooting every Hawk by a large margain. 101 SOG. Kane is 2nd with 75. Sharp is doing alot of the little things which are turning into big things for him. Take Sharp out of the picture, this team is a complete mess without him. 70- 75 points , yes, more than that NO.

Ok not alot here, but its Thanksgiving here in the States and time is limited.

Dobber Sports Veteran

OK Shakey let me have it what will Keiths point totals be this year??

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks Memory Lane

Toews 1st NHL goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyg4q...A6975&index=47

J.R. First NHL goal and discussions, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiFMGV66Vyw

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    OK Shakey let me have it what will Keiths point totals be this year??
    Currently 24 GP and 13 points. He WILL improve!!

It's really anyone's guess at this point JD. This team is so different from last year's team. I think we need to see a full seasons worth of games with this new look team to gauge correctly in the future.

I willl say that he will not top 50+ I think he'll be in the ball park of 50 ish though.

58 games left to play and for him to reach the 50 mark he needs 37 points in those 58. Definitely attainable.

I just don't see enough depth production this year that they had last year for him to be above that marker.

Dobber Sports Pro

Shakey bust out your crystal ball and give me your prediction on who the Hawks #1 goalie will be in March.
    Turco, Crawford, or outside hire?(Roloson, C.Mason, Boucher, M.Smith/D.Ellis, J.S.Giguere are some potential goalies that could be dealt on deadline day)
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Shakey bust out your crystal ball and give me your prediction on who the Hawks #1 goalie will be in March.
    Turco, Crawford, or outside hire?(Roloson, C.Mason, Boucher, M.Smith/D.Ellis, J.S.Giguere are some potential goalies that could be dealt on deadline day)
    Maybe Niemi?? LOL!!
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com