Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Chicago Blackhawks

Reports are that Brent Seabrook has been training hard this offseason and has slimmed down considerably. Maybe he'll have a bounceback season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Hawks are a playoff team if Crawford is close to 100% and they get a bounceback year from Saad and the continued development from Schmaltz and Debrincat. They are clearly behind the Pred, Jets, and Blues in the division. They are much closer to being a lottery team than a contender.
    Definitely agree with you on Crawford being the key. I also like what I hear about Seabrook this offseason. Maybe the rest will help rest Keith, I mean, he's old, but not that old where he couldn't put up a 45 point season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Reports are that Brent Seabrook has been training hard this offseason and has slimmed down considerably. Maybe he'll have a bounceback season.
    I love the enthusiasm but do players ever get that much better after they change their bodies that much..??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I love the enthusiasm but do players ever get that much better after they change their bodies that much..??
    Sometimes yes. I've heard quite a few stories over the years about when guys put on muscle weight over the summer, they were not as "good" as before the weight/muscle gain. This is called the Phil Kessel effect (minus the hot dog eating). Hockey is a complicated sport that requires equal amounts of flexibility and muscle. Upset the balance and a player may end up regretting it.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Burtuzzi dropped from around 240 to 215. He wasn't much of a beast at that point of his career but it probably helped him stick around the league for a few more seasons.

Theres always Byfuglien too, he must've been over 300lbs at one point.

Really its hard to tell how it will affect him but trimming down shouldn't necessarily hurt if it helps with his mobility and things have been trending down for a bit with him so he may as well try something new.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

A lot of the better players in the league are not bulky at all. This is a speed league and Seabrook needed to catch up. I think it's a good thing.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    A lot of the better players in the league are not bulky at all. This is a speed league and Seabrook needed to catch up. I think it's a good thing.
    I agree that it has to be better for the player, but points wise, will Seabrook be better??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

I agree that it has to be better for the player, but points wise, will Seabrook be better??
    One stands to reason that if he is faster, he can help drive the play more, be more in the offensive end and get more points.. If he's chasing the play, it's in his own end and he ain't getting any points from there... I wouldn't expect an otherwordly bounce-back, but I expect a better season if he really is that much more in shape.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lines from camp today. Kunitz on the top line with Toews & DeBrincat...

Forwards

Chris Kunitz — Jonathan Toews — Alex DeBrincat

Brandon Saad — Nick Schmaltz — Patrick Kane

Victor Ejdsell — Artem Anisimov — Dylan Sikura

John Hayden — Marcus Kruger — Andreas Martinsen

David Kampf — Luke Johnson — Dominik Kahun

Defensemen

Keith — Jokiharju

Brandon Manning — Jan Rutta

Brandon Davidson — Erik Gustafsson

Carl Dahlstrom — Adam Boqvist

Dobber Sports Ace

How has Sikura looked during the camp? I see that he got bumped out of the top line but his spot is being held by Kunitz so Im not too worried about that. Do you guys think he will make the big squad this year and get consistent top 6 minutes as the season progresses?
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Veteran

At this point, and especially with regard to Qunneville's style of not blindly trusting young guys, it looks like Sikura will have to battle his way up the depth chart throughout the season.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    At this point, and especially with regard to Qunneville's style of not blindly trusting young guys, it looks like Sikura will have to battle his way up the depth chart throughout the season.
    Q is going to Q. Keep that in mind when you value Debrincat based on last year's stats. He produced in spite of Q's awful deployment.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Q doing Q

Blackhawks' Quenneville shuffling lines in training camp

WHIRRRRRR!

That sound you heard coming out of MB Ice Arena the last two days was that of Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville breaking out his patented line blender.
    The changes were quite significant as:

- Chris Kunitz was replaced by Dominik Kahun on Jonathan Toews' line.

- Artem Anisimov is now centering Nick Schmaltz and Patrick Kane.

- Kunitz and Brandon Saad both moved down to a third line, which has been centered by David Kampf.

- And Luke Johnson -- one of the true standouts of camp -- is on a line with center Marcus Kruger and RW Andreas Martinsen. Quenneville likes the option of being able to play either Kruger or Johnson at center on this line.

- Dylan Sikura, Matthew Highmore, John Hayden, Victor Ejdsell and Alexandre Fortin all skated outside the top 12.

"Kamper's been really good and Johnson's been great, too," Quenneville said. "So they've helped give us some options in the middle."

Quenneville said he put Anisimov on Kane's line because of his net-front presence and his defensive awareness. Schmaltz also thrived on the wing at times last season and still must improve on faceoffs (40.1 percent).
    Of course, whether these lines -- or some other combination -- are used for the season opener at Ottawa on Oct. 4 is still up in the air.

"We'll go from here," Quenneville said. "But we still have a lot to keep an eye on."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ejdsell, Highmore, & Fortin cut this morning and assigned to Rockford.

Scott Powers@ByScottPowers

The Blackhawks assign Victor Ejdsell, Alexandre Fortin and Matthew Highmore to the IceHogs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Made a massive difference with Ovechkin from 16/17 - 17/18
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4