Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Drafting them isn't the issue. Developing them is. That's where they seem to suck.

That being said, I remember going back to draft day and saying the Rangers should be drafting Byfield and not Lafreniere because of their roster makeup. Lafreniere was a round peg in a square hole and the Rangers needed more help down the middle than on the wing. Anyway, hind-sight is always 20-20.
    NYC is just a brutal place to commit to a full rebuild as people are of an instant gratification nature as is the owner James Dolan. As good as Artemi is , they went against the commitment to a true rebuild by signing him therefore crippling themselves financially. In the end I have no answers because I am not the players but I do like what I see from Kakko and Kravtsov, hopefully the points come in time. Laf actually wasn't out there for a public skate last night so hopefully he can build on it. I didn't see anything of him really in junior but the goods so far have not screamed sure fire first overall pick to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Reading the Rangers could be a player for Meiers. Imagine Lafreniere's value if he went to SJ as part of the return.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Reading the Rangers could be a player for Meiers. Imagine Lafreniere's value if he went to SJ as part of the return.
    while Meier sounds nice I pray he does not come to NY, it'll cost ten mil just to qualify him in the summer and price tag to acquire is gonna be sickening. I am not one to give up on Laffy yet but I am also not Drury. They have to avoid further financial strangulation a la the Leafs because this summer Chris better be a wise GM and give Miller the max eight year deal now because he is going to only become more and more expensive. This is the only window for a bargain contract like the Preds did with Josi before he flourished.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    while Meier sounds nice I pray he does not come to NY, it'll cost ten mil just to qualify him in the summer and price tag to acquire is gonna be sickening. I am not one to give up on Laffy yet but I am also not Drury. They have to avoid further financial strangulation a la the Leafs because this summer Chris better be a wise GM and give Miller the max eight year deal now because he is going to only become more and more expensive. This is the only window for a bargain contract like the Preds did with Josi before he flourished.
    You do realize he can sign a long term deal for less AAV than his pending qualifying offer right.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

sure but already between Fox, Mika, Artemi, Igor who will command insane money when the current deal ends, Kreids, Trouba; the money train has gotta hault eventually. I get going for it, 32 teams, it's hard to win even just once but they are in that rare window of contention whilst affordable, Drury's dance with finances will determine if it's a long run or a short one. I would really prefer a long window is all.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I was at the bar when I was writing last night so I did not get to look into the cap scenario too hard but one thing I will mention is here we are in 2022-23 and the NY Rangers after this season are finally going to be off the hook for dead cap space payouts to DeAngelo, Dan Girardi (still!) and Kevin Shatt-en-dirt. This brings back a little under $3.5 mil to play with in the offseason aka sign Miller please please please.

Drury hopefully just lets Blais walk this summer saving another 1.5 mil although it pains me to accept the fact that him being released basically admits they were absolutely fleeced in the Buchnevich deal and he is the type of player we need right now haha.

Larry Brooks of the NY Post presented an interesting idea that I liked in them approaching the Preds for a talent swap albeit different styles; Jeannot for Kravtsov. Rangers are absolutely gonna need a physical forward in the ranks for the playoffs so I like this idea.

If they go for an offensive player IMO they do not need another superstar level one but someone that can safely provide 50-60 points to round out the top six so I don't have to watch them deploy a second line of Goodrow-Trocheck-Vesey haha.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Rangers had a physical player in Reaves and traded him away.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Rangers had a physical player in Reaves and traded him away.
    yes and I'm not aware of the full story whether or not that was his request, the team acting alone or a little of both but again I'm not Drury. If he's thinking people won't make runs at the likes of Panarin in the postseason he's being foolish and currently there's just nobody who will answer the bell often time. Def need an addition of some sort just hopefully it doesn't come at a tremendous cost. That extra first rounder in this draft puts them in a position of power as far as what they have to offer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Adam Erne just went on waivers. Free banger for ya right there.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Adam Erne just went on waivers. Free banger for ya right there.
    haha i'll take it

Dobber Sports Deity

Absolutely loved watching Trouba tune up Kadri last night.

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/...37133819301888

I hate it when players have to fight and defend themselves after laying out a clean his. It's such a BS "code" unwritten rule in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya I've never liked how that's a thing now, but with the way the powerplay efficiency and the frequency of these hits, teams def are ok with going on the PK once every 10 games because of standing up after a huge hit.

If you run an 75% PK, and fight after a bit hit that happens 1 out of 10 games, you are going on the PK 8 times a yr, letting in 2goals in those 8PKs. And that's if the refs put the hitting team on the PP.

If you put the penalties up like "two for roughing for Dube, two for instigating for Dube, two for delay of game for Dube, and two for roughing for Trouba (for dumbying Dube)" then you have the Rangers on a 4min PP. 4min PP, you know the probability jumps to like 40% chance of getting a goal or something. Just my thought.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

What a game and what a load of crap going after Trouba after he delivers big clean hits. I think the NHL has to be handing out more instigators for those type of reactions. Bunch of butthurts out there. Take the hit and move on.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Pro

Totally agree! Big clean hits. Keep your head up!!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    What a game and what a load of crap going after Trouba after he delivers big clean hits. I think the NHL has to be handing out more instigators for those type of reactions. Bunch of butthurts out there. Take the hit and move on.
    absolutely as stated above, I understand sticking up for your teammate who just got bulldozed but the butthurt element has to go; you're playing at the highest level and you forgot rule number one and paid dearly, deal with it. Jacob Kronwall Trouba is doing the lords work.