Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Brendan Lemieux requested trade before Rangers dealt him to Kings

https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/brenda...-him-to-kings/
    He is one of those players that will overstay his welcome everywhere he goes..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

How did Kravstov look?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    How did Kravstov look?
    I didn't watch the game but read about his debut on The Athletic this morning. He played on a line labeled"The Diaper Line" with Lafreniere and Chytil. From what I read, he had a good game all things considered. From that story:

The Diaper Line took short shifts early. Kravtsov is probably not in top game condition given the layoff, the travel, the quarantine, and a few practices since his last Kontinental Hockey League game.

The minutes for Kravtsov’s line were limited by a series of penalties in the second period, but the group played fairly regularly in the third. He finished with 14 shifts for 10:45 and three shots on goal. He battled.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    How did Kravstov look?
    alright a few points to consider about Kravtsov's game

He is not making high risk plays (yet)
    He is hustling back on defensive assignments
    His head is up when carrying the puck (for the most part)
    He is doing everything coach and the team are asking him to do (that we know of)
    He anticipates play well and is putting himself in position to receive a puck
    He appears aware of the play and the players around him
    He skates well. His stride really picks up steam, although we haven't seen a top gear (yet)
    He uses his size to shield the puck vs defensive attempts to swat the puck away
    He is taking the body both on the defensive side of the puck, as well as willing to take a hit to make a play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUKBf9KeYa0

Blackwell is filling the Jesper Fast defensive role on Panarins wing
    Chytil, Kakko & Lafreniere are the 3rd line
    which puts Vitaly on the 4th line for now
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Does Shesterkin get 3 straight shutouts against NJ today?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I could use some points from Nico H so hopefully nyet

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The road team had won every game in the series this season

that trend was broken last night
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

man if they can somehow make the dance they are an instant dark horse candidate me thinks. Lafreniere is really coming around and he is looking not out of place whatsoever on the top line. Last night the flash I saw in juniors highlights was there and what a pass for Mika's first goal, that's vision. Overcoming Trouba out is tough but Lindgren/Miller can carry the load somewhat. I would never lie and say I expect cup contention this year but damn they would strike fear in any opposition's heart based solely on the offensive capability.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    man if they can somehow make the dance they are an instant dark horse candidate me thinks. Lafreniere is really coming around and he is looking not out of place whatsoever on the top line. Last night the flash I saw in juniors highlights was there and what a pass for Mika's first goal, that's vision. Overcoming Trouba out is tough but Lindgren/Miller can carry the load somewhat. I would never lie and say I expect cup contention this year but damn they would strike fear in any opposition's heart based solely on the offensive capability.
    if they make it i would not be surprised if they pull Lundkvist in for the playoffs...assuming he is willing to cross atm.....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    if they make it i would not be surprised if they pull Lundkvist in for the playoffs...assuming he is willing to cross atm.....
    I wouldn't be adverse to him coming over but how much youth are they going to be willing to let play in the postseason significantly. The fact they have Zac Jones running PP2 point is surprising though. I would very much welcome Nils booming slapshot to the defender corps but if Trouba returns he just ends up riding the pine I'd assume. They def need playoff experience sooner than later with Mika and Panarin both in the peak of their primes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think they only pull him in if Trouba does not return....i dont think he wants to come over just yet....but if he is given a spot in lineup for playoff run he just might...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

The next obvious question is

after firing both the president and GM

why would they fire the coach afterwards ?

I'm not buying that DQ is on the ropes, nor do I believe that Eichel is coming to broadway

Content with being wrong on one or both, but don't think either will happen this upcoming season

The next question is who does Drury hire to pick up some of the slack in the front office AND which free agent does he target OR which player does he covet to plug into the top 6 that projects toughness ?

any guesses ? Its just like the NYR of old. Which overpriced veteran is coming to the garden ?
    For the record I don't want an aging veteran to take a top spot from a developing younger player with upside, but apparently management doesn't agree with that mindset

Which of the top 6 is either moved or punted to 3rd line duty

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Vince Mercogliano shares his list of potential NYR coaching candidates: https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/n...nn/5055948001/

My thoughts on his names.

Boudreau - We all know the drill, great regular season teams, can’t win in the playoffs. If you’re trying to get harder to play against this isn’t the guy, pass.

Gallant - Cinderella cup final run and a team know for playing hard and fast. But he’s been given the boot in Columbus, Florida and Vegas often under unclear circumstances. Finesse players struggled under him and was rumored to be one of the key reasons he was let go in Vegas. I feel like this would work for a year or so then he’d get the boot, just a hunch.

Hartley - Drury connection from his Colorado cup in ’00-’01, but Flames teams floundered for years under him. Just won it all in the KHL, could be a wildcard.

Julien - If you liked DQ’s line blender you’ll LOVE Julien topping Z and Bread out at 15-16 minutes a night. Hard pass.

Knoblauch - The team played well under him, and seemed to be revitalized when he was behind the bench. But if you’re playoffs-or-bust, & win now you don’t go with the unproven guy in DQ 2.0.

Lambert - Is there a Trotz coaching tree in the making? Reirden didn’t pan out in Washington but whose to say Lambert can’t surpass him. I’m taking the same tack as with Knoblauch, Drury brings in a guy with a track record instead.

Roy - Rookie year PDO darlings. Do we really want the guy who made MacKinnon et al look like busts aside from year 1? May as well hire Messier, at least he's our legend and not another team's legend. Pass.

Tocchet - Could he be the guy to succeed now that he has legit talent to work with? I don’t see enough ‘Yotes games to say definitively, but I’m not entirely opposed to bringing him on either.

Torts - Giant Meteor, this is your cue…

Dobber Sports Deity

I didn't click on the link but I'm surprised Babcock isn't listed as an option. I also wonder about the "outside the box" candidates from the College circuit and current Assistants who could be considered.

Dobber Sports Stud

well wrong again

Quinn into the rubbish bin

I wonder where he surfaces ?