Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

Agree 100% about the lousy cap management for Toronto

My hunch is TdA gets a 3 year deal at 5+ and is a lock for the 2nd pairing on his offside
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I can live with the likes of three years at 5-6 mil, no long term though to really regret even though he is still pretty young. No idea if they buy Hank out but with recapturing 5.7 mil in space I think they should just run with three goalies for the last year of his contract and look forward to the 8.5 mil in space he alone frees up once it's done. Smith will also free up 4.35 mil after 20-21 so they are at a very critical point of making the right investments cost wise because if they avoid any albatross contracts, they'll be coming into some significant freed up $$$ very soon.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I can live with the likes of three years at 5-6 mil, no long term though to really regret even though he is still pretty young. No idea if they buy Hank out but with recapturing 5.7 mil in space I think they should just run with three goalies for the last year of his contract and look forward to the 8.5 mil in space he alone frees up once it's done. Smith will also free up 4.35 mil after 20-21 so they are at a very critical point of making the right investments cost wise because if they avoid any albatross contracts, they'll be coming into some significant freed up $$$ very soon.
    they can probably use one of their 3rd rounders to trade b. smith if they wanted to go after Pietrangelo ; just pay his 1 mil bonus and a team looking for phantom cap hit would be interested as that would give said team 4.35 cap hit with just 2.35 actual salary

he has this though 2019-21: Player submits a 10 team trade list.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am personally against any and all expensive free agent signings after my whole life watching them hand out said contracts and not panning out, I still have issues with the Panarin contract despite his ability. Rangers have some solid defensive prospects almost ready so I do not see them in the market for the most expensive one out there hopefully. I'd rather see them just run out Smith contract but use him exclusively as a fourth line player instead pf
    defense to open a spot for a young defender like Hajek or Rykov.

The Great One

I’m not a big Rangers fan but I think LuigiC is right. Trouba was the big D splash and he’s really quite good. He wants all the mins - if they acquire another big name right D he’ll be pissed. That’s why he came to NY - to be the man. The money required get Pietrangelo would be way better spent elsewhere.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Davidson went public with his goalie comments and he would know the situation well after what happened when the team acquired him as a player.
    Perhaps if things were "normal" or without this virus I could see Henrik being a much harder decision, both for the team and the player. I remain hopeful he hangs them up and takes a job upstairs. If he truly wants to be a team first guy then leaving is the classy thing to do, or perhaps better put if he decides to stay his contract is going to muck things up.

As far as throwing big contracts around. Looking at the hit Shattenkirk is going to have next season is stomach turning. I get why they threw money at him at the time, but paying him to play for Tampa is an epic level of stupidity.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Well there it is

My best hopes for Henrik has failed

He earned the right to make the call, then management followed through on it

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What a great day to be a Rangers fan! Can't wait to see Laffy put on our jersey.
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes a great day indeed

Not sold on the Schneider trade to move up and grab him

NY is still not a playoff team, but they are improving

Alexis is a huge part of that

Dobber Sports Superstar

do not like the Schneider pick whatsoever, especially trading up for it, how many more right hand D does this team need? The true pain was felt when the Caps moved up to their original draft slot at 22 and picked Lapierre who I really think could be a tremendous offensive center to compliment Laf alas it is what it is. Because Strome did not get a qualifying offer I think they'll let him walk rather than go to arbitration and risk him getting north of 4.6 mil which he is not worth IMO.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think NY is gambling that teams will not offer Strome the "right" contract and that the Rangers can circle back around and make a lowball offer. But hey, what do I know ? I thought Henrik would retire, instead he is reportedly signing in Washington

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm having trouble seeing the logic of moving up to grab a right-shot defender when your prospect cupboard is overflowing with defenders and there are high-upside forwards on the board in a deep draft. No round 2 pick, so I get that if he's your man you can't just hope he drops to round 3. That said I can't shake the McIlrath comparison of going for the big, defensive defenseman when there are point-producers available. Hope it pans out regardless and he makes me eat my words.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I thought the Rangers moving up like that was peculiar too. I was shaking my head when Marek was applauding their aggressive move.
    Well ok, I guess, but they didn't move up to draft a stud who had inexplicably fallen. Giving up the pick seemed unnecessary.
    Thought the Flames did well in that deal and still got the player they were after.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yup, kudos to the Flames for rolling the dice. Twice. One has to wonder how they took the risk yet Columbus going totally off the boards without moving down...

What I am reading is that the Devils were reportedly going to take Schneider so NY jumped them to select him. If that is the case, perhaps it is better to have the guy in the pipeline and not have to worry about facing him ? Tough choice there. Then again making a move because what another teams is rumored to be doing doesn't like a good strategy. A fine tactical move but surprising nonetheless. I can say that this kid can skate, while I wouldn't call McIrath's skating as all that strong.

Schneider will have a long road ahead as with most late first round picks the odds are not super favorable that they make it to the show.

I also believe that drafting for need over BPA is not a prudent strategy. So just because he is a RHD and NY already has a few shouldn't have much bearing on their assessment (rightly or wrongly) on his ability to play in the NHL. There are so many variables to consider. Injuries, contract status, development or lack of it etc. Its just as likely that there is a spot for him when he is ready than NY is locked down on the right side for the next half decade. Entry level contracts are an important part of cap management. Defensemen have value so its possible that the kid could be part of a trade at some point down the road... They moved Amonte for veterans once the cup window was open. Matteau did earn a pretty good return in exchange right ?

So I wouldn't throw the kid under the bus yet. Or perhaps better put, throw the braintrust under the bus.

I think a good indicator of their bonafides is moving on from Lias and taking a 2nd rounder back in exchange. This is often a major part of financial due diligence. You've got a losing position, do you lock it up ? double down on a dip or sell the position and seek to make profits with a different position.

I think many here wish the team had gone forward there. I do too.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ranger fans, please tell me about V. Kravtsov. I've head all about his failed year bouncing between the AHL, KHL, back to AHL. Seemed to be deemed a Blue Chipper but now, more ?s than answers, especially with Laf coming in and others competing for top 6/9 forward roles.
    IS this guys too risky to invest in? If you had to choose between Kravtsov and Liam Foudy (with the mass exodus in CLB) in a Multi-cat league, who do you want and why? Thanks all!