Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes

Feb 5: Rangers (29-24-1) @ Montreal (29-18-5)

2:00PM est.

CBC/RDS

Headline: Rangers winless after all-star break, Canadiens undefeated after all star break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Head to Head:
    Montreal is up 2-0-0 with two 1 goal wins last month; outscoring the Rangers 5-3.
    In the first meeting Lundqvist played tremendous making stop after stop the day he was named an all-star. The game was a highly-entertaining back-and-fourth game with only 4 penalties called and lots of scoring chances for each squad.
    Less than a week later the Canadiens used the Bell Centre electricity to come up with a flying start scoring three goals in the first. Two of those goals came off the powerplay while the Rangers came out slow and dull. In the third period the Rangers attempted a rally scoring nearly 7 minutes in and poising numerous scoring chances with a 21-12 shot lead in that period.
    A rivalry was sparked during these games with a slew-foot by PK Subban which caused a fuming Dubinsky post game. Though, if a fight were to break out, it would be between Moen and Prust. Also, who can forgot Lundqvist teaching Patches a lesson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Player’s History
    - The former Devil Gionta has 28 points in 45 games against the Rangers in his career.
    - The former Ranger Gomez is almost at a point per game clip with 42 in 47 games. He has 4 points in 6 games with the Habs against the Rangers.
    - Wisniewski has 3 pts in 2 games against the Rangers this year and 6 in 8 in his career.
    - Gaborik has 3 goals career against the Canadiens in 11 games.
    - Prospal has 34 career points in 49 games against Montreal. He has 11 in 12 in his last 3 seasons.
    - Christensen’s return means 5 goals in 14 career games against the Habs.
    - As a Ranger, Drury is point per game against the Canadiens; he will not be playing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Lundqvist will not start today:
    In his last game in Montreal, Lundqvist let in 3 goals on 41 (a masterful performance), but with that being said, he’s allowed 3+ goals in EVERY meeting in Montreal since the 2005-06 season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight’s Starter’s

Martin Biron (8-4-0 2.15GAA .920%)
    - Career against Montreal Biron has a 14-10-1 record with a .919 save%
    - Last season Biron went 1-2-1 against Montreal allowing 3,3,3,5 on a dismal Islanders club.
    - Biron came in relief last game against the Devils going 9 for 9. His last start is coincidentally the last Ranger victory.
    Carey Price (25-16-5 2.35GAA .920%)
    - Price is a career 2-1-1 against the Rangers with a 3.03GAA
    - In Price’s last game he did his best Jaroslav Halak impression against the Capitals going 27 for 29 in a 3-2 win.
    - Price is 6-2-2 in his last 10 games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers Notes:

- Drury will not make the trip due to a wonky knee. Christensen will return and will line up with Avery and Zuccarello. This will likely be the 3rd line.
    - The Rangers will go with Prospal-Stepan-Gaborik again but I expect if nothing comes offensively it’ll be Christensen or Anisimov filling in on that top line. Gaborik on Prospal: "We have good chemistry together...we just seem to be on same wave-length...he has incredible vision & is great passer."
    - The Rangers have lost 3 straight losing to a Crosby/Malkin-less Penguins squad in overtime, the uprising Devils and the hardworking Panthers.

Canadiens Notes:

- The Canadiens have won both games after the all star break beating the inconsistent low-scoring Capitals and the hard working Panthers.
    - Wisniewski missed today’s practice with the flu. He’s a game-time decision.
    - Gionta’s found success with Plekanec on the top line. Gomez/Eller/AK46 haven’t found the same success yet.
    - Pouliot will play today

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proline
    Montreal has odds at 1.60, Rangers at 1.90. If I were a betting man, I’d say a Ranger win in a close battle.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

-Del Zotto will play again today. Hopefully he can get the powerplay going against one of the top penalty kills in the league. As I mentioned yesterday, Biron will start.

Eminger will be the scratch.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan, Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello Avery-Boyle-Prust

As I expected, Christensen will get a shot inbetween Vinny/Gaborik. Zuccs should get plenty of PP time again.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post Game

Feb 5: Rangers 0 @ Canadiens 2

A few positives to take out of yesterdays game, but not many in terms of fantasy.

Powerplay Notes

The powerplay looked horrible and as Torts said it looked like the team couldnt make 2 passes in a row on it. Staal and Del Zotto could NOT connect on a pass which made it very difficult to work it around or gain any momentum. Montreal has an amazing penalty kill with a good aggresive system but its still no excuse for the inability to work it around the blue line. Safe to say the PP will look different next game despite Torts using the same lines in practice today.

Player Notes

A few notes on both the Habs and Rangers players...

-I know last game I really hated on Del Zotto, but he just isn't fitting right now. Tortorella says he wants to stick with the youth and DZ has had time to figure things out in the AHL so now its time to figure it out in the NHL...but hes playing nervous. Some players thrive on knowing they could be a healthy scratch next game so they go 110% all game, but I think it just gets to MDZs head. He played 4:29 on the powerplay and under 13 minutes altogether. If the Rangers weren't so desperate to figure out the powerplay, then he would be off to the AHL.
    -Again with the powerplay, the Rangers have tried a bunch of men in the back end and nothing seems to be working out. Through the year they've used DZ, Stepan, Zuccs, Wolski, Staal and even Drury on the back end to try to figure things out. Expect a move at the deadline for a puck-moving D-man if the Rangers want any success in the postseason.
    -Gaborik played a mere 14:27 and Prospal 13:17. Gaborik simply is not performing and Tortorella is trying to get him going any way he can. Tortorella is trusting Dubinsky/Anisimov/Callahan and Boyle/Prust/Avery more than that line (in the last 2 minutes he played those guys over Gaboriks). It's only a matter of time before Gaborik gets it going and once he does itll be an explosion.
    -Dubinsky and Callahan played over 21 minutes including over 4 on the powerplay. They combined for 5 shots but weren't exactly overwhelming the Canadiens in any way.
    -Avery was one of the best offensive players for the Rangers. He always seems to show up in the big-market games. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can throw the Wings or Howard off at all.
    -Remember: When Gaborik starts scoring, Christensen will be right next to him. Only 1% owned so after Gaborik has one big game get ready to scoop him. Or maybe scoop him for the Thrashers on Friday.
    -Pacioretty had a great game offensively and led the Habs forwards in powerplay time. Very evenly distributed as the Habs try to figure things out after going 0 for 20 on the man advantage.
    -Not many Canadiens really stood out during the most boring game I've seen all year. Subban looked more relaxed and focused compared to the last few times they played. As Martin said, the injury of Gorges has made PK much more responsible on the back end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rangers play the Red Wings tomorrow in Detroit so I don't expect that to be the day they wake up offensively. They do play the Thrashers on Friday which could mean the arrival of Marian Gaborik and the special teams.

I will post some pre-game notes for anyone interested for tomorrow's game against the Detroit Red Wings. Feel free to ask any questions or leave some feedback!

Dobber Sports Veteran

For anyone interested, later I will be posting pre-game notes on the Rangers/Wings game. The Rangers haven't won in Detroit in ELEVEN YEARS!!! I'll be posting a Datsyuk and Holmstrom injury update (along with all the Ranger's recent injuries) and the starters for tonight.

Any questions on the Rangers? Drop 'em here!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes

Feb 7: Rangers (29-22-4) @ Detroit (31-15-6)

7:30PM est.

VS./TSN2

Headline: The Wings and Rangers both look to drop there winless streaks with the Rangers winless in 4 and Wings winless in 2.

Head-to-Head

The last meeting of these 2 squads came on December 6th (my bday ) 2009 where the Rangers lost 3-1. In that game, Brian Boyle scored in 4:44 TOI and Marian Gaborik picked up 0 statistics on nearly 24 minutes of ice time. Zetts/Lidstrom had 2 assists and the Wings scored late in the 3rd to take the lead. Pavel Datsyuk scored the 1st goal for the Wings and that'll come in handy when he returns tonight.

A Player's History

-Marian Gaborik has the most experience in this series from his days on the Wild. He has 7G/10A in 24 games against the Wings
    -Not many people know this, but Sean Avery started his career back in Detroit. He was a quiet guy back then and I believe they won the cup with him on roster. He has 4 goals and 16PIMs in 12 games against the Wings. Another big stage game = another big night for Avery
    -Henrik Lundqvist is 0-3-1 with a 3.78GAA career against Detroit...
    -Zetterberg has 5 points in 5 games against the Rangers.
    -Todd Bertuzzi has 10 goals in 22 games against the Rangers.
    -Lidstrom has 27 points in 26 games against the Rangers.

Not many interesting H2H stats seeing as most players have played in the same conference for the entire career

Tonight's Starters

Martin Biron (8-5-0 2.07 923%)

-Pheonmenal numbers by Biron thus far this season. Hes allowed 12 goals in his 5 losses this season.
    -He has allowed more than 3 goals in one game since December 16 (2-3-0)
    -This will be his second time this season getting B2B starts since late November.
    -Against Detroit he is 1-2, with a GAA just over 3. He lost his last start as a Flyer 2 seasons ago, and before then he had not played the Wings since 2001-02 as a Sabre.

Jimmy Howard (25-9-3 2.85 904%)

-In 10 of Howards last 15 games, he has allowed 3 or more goals
    -Howard has only played the Rangers once in his career where he allowed 1 goal.
    -Howard is 10-6-2 career against the East.

Ranger's Notes

-Mcdonagh and Sauer have been one of the most responsible pairings for the Rangers in the last few games.
    -Del Zotto likely to be in, hopes to take more responsibility on the powerplay. Eminger will likely be the scratch.
    -Lundqvist practicing hard even at the optionals. Sounds happy that the Rangers finally have two goalies...but will continue to practice hard. He'll be back on his game in no time.
    -Lines projected to be the same as last game: Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik; Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan; Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello; Avery-Boyle-Prust.
    -Gaborik seems committed to getting out this slump as he showed up to todays optional and I can't remember the last time he did that (aside from recovering from an injury).
    -Rangers haven't lost 5 straight this season.

Red Wings Notes
    -Datsyuk will return tonight after his 19 game absence
    -Holmstrom and Stuart will be out tonight
    -Looks like they'll spread out Zetts/Dats tonight
    -Wings have NEVER been shutout 3 games in a row in its history
    This is what Babcock had to say about the team without Dats and Holmstrom last week:
    Pick a stat, any stat. The puck-possession time takes a serious hit. So do the faceoff wins. And the specialty teams, with fill-ins on the power play indirectly hurting the penalty kill.

I'll try to get the Wings lines before the game tonight!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is Zuccs worth holding onto for the rest of the year? ...probably wouldn't be a keeper for me, and I think he's been taken off both PP units for this last game.. is that temporary, or will it stay?

Thanks!
    Lurker.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    Is Zuccs worth holding onto for the rest of the year? ...probably wouldn't be a keeper for me, and I think he's been taken off both PP units for this last game.. is that temporary, or will it stay?

Thanks!
    That is very difficult to say. The powerplay has been struggling extremely for the past couple weeks which has caused a shakeup basically every game. Personally, I would hold him for a few more games to see if the powerplay has any success and to see who is on it. He's still playing well and with how badly the PP was last game, he should get another shot against the Thrashers on Friday.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post Game

Feb 7: 2 Rangers @ 3 Red Wings

I'll keep today's post-game short and sweet. The Rangers failure to capitalize on the powerplay was inevitably the reason for the loss.

Ranger's Notes:
    -Marty Biron looked fantastic. He didn't give up easy rebounds and 2 of the goals came from the D of the Rangers giving 2nd or 3rd chances. The 3rd goal was just a beauty passing play where Hudler went smartly to the net.
    -Del Zotto is still getting shots on the PP despite creating zippo.
    -Gaborik and Prospal were not as dynamic with eachother as the first game and Gaborik was called out after the game. Expect at least a bump in his production (positively) in the near future. I do not think Gaborik was on in the last minute of the game...very telling of a coachs opinion when a former 40 goal scorers on the bench on a 6 on 4 in a 3-2 game...
    -As I said in the pre-game, Avery played a helluva game against the big-stage Red Wings. He only shows up against the big market teams. I guess it could be because they try to invest more in talent than grit so he throws the talent off? Not sure. But he was the 1st star for the Rangers no question.

Red Wing's Notes
    -I've seen the last few Wing's game and this was clearly Howard's best performance. He was square on the shots and saw them very well. This is partially due to the Rangers never planting a big body in front of him. He made some key saves that I haven't seen from him in recent games. He made a huge save on Avery all alone.
    -Datsyuk looked great in his return. Of course scoring a goal helps but he made so many plays in the defensive zone. He is one of the best two-way players in the game and didn't look a step out of place from his usual self. He did not take a faceoff but should soon.
    -The Wings looked like they gave up the middle of the ice easily but whenever the Rangers were close to the net the Wings had most of the rebounds.
    -Franzen may not have scored but he had a boatload of chances. He drives hard to the net and has a pretty strong shot...that 5 goal game was not a fluke.
    -The return of Holmstrom should get the PP going for the Wings. Cleary in front of the net is good but Holmstrom is just that much better there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Some Practice Notes

Rangers practice today consisted of the same lines, powerplay a little different.

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
    Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
    Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
    Prust-Boyle-Avery

First PP unit:
    Staal-Wolski/Callahan-Prospal-Gaborik

Second PP Unit:
    Del Zotto-Stepan/Dubinsky-Anisimov/Christensen-Zuccarello

Should also note Torts was yellin at Gaborik during the PP drills to shoot more!

---------------------------------------

Good read in the Dreger Report today:

Several NHL teams admit to being in the market for an impact forward...a top six player with an offensive flare.

For obvious reasons, these players are seldom available in-season and traditionally, trades including high-end forwards require weeks of negotiating to work out all of the elements.

Among the big names potentially available - New York's Marian Gaborik might draw some interest in the days leading up to the deadline.

The Rangers aren't shopping Gaborik, who has struggled this season with just 16 goals in 42 games after scoring 42 last year, but word around the league is Rangers GM Glen Sather is willing to listen to offers.

Gaborik agreed to a five-year contract with the Rangers last July and earns $7.5 million per year.

Clearing Gaborik's salary would go a long way in creating flexibility this summer when New York faces a wave of key restricted free agents including Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Brian Boyle and Matt Gilroy.

The Rangers will also have to invent cap space if signing Brad Richards as an unrestricted free agent this summer is a priority.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Ranger game:

Rangers take on the Thrashers in Atlanta on Friday. Check back for Pre-Game Notes!
    Last edited by littleranger; February 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM. Reason: Lines keep switching.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes

Feb 11: Rangers (29-23-4) @ Thrashers (24-22-10)

7:30PM et.

TV: MSG2/SS

Headline: Both teams are on a tailspin with the Rangers winless in 5 and the Thrasher winless in 4.

Both the Rangers and Thrashers have not won since the all star break. With that being said, the Thrashers lost their 8th seed and now sit 1 point out of the hunt with the Hurricanes having one game on hand. The Buffalo Sabres are creeping into the picture with the stellar play of Ryan Miller and now finally finding an offensive touch. The Sabres are 2 points out while having 2 games on hand on the Hurricanes. The Rangers aren't fairing much better only up 3 points on the Hurricanes and for the first time Rangers fans are looking at their odds of making it into the postseason.

The one good thing from the game for the Rangers is that they are 17-11-1 on the road and the Thrash are just above .500 going 12-11-5.

Marian Gaborik has been the talk of trades and also was the subject of John Tortorella today at practice: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...ame-in-atlanta

Tonight's game will feature a lot of urgency. If the powerplay can get going for either team (Rangers practiced it all week and Enstrom returning tonight...), this should be a high scoring game. If not, it'll be a shootout between 2 elite tenders this season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Head-to-Head

The Rangers and Thrash are even this season although the Thrash have taken 3 points in the 2 games with a shootout loss.

In the first meeting the Thrashers held off a Ranger comeback while leading 5-2 and giving up 2 third period goals. Ladd and Bergfors had a goal and an assist and Stewart picked up two apples. Enstrom picked up an assist and a plus two and actually led both games in TOI. Pavs and Lundy were given the night off (Pavs injured) having Mason and Biron mind the nets. 6-4 Thrash

In the second meeting, the teams had a much more low scoring afair. Girardi took on Ladd in a fight and Ladd just fell short of the Howe hat-trick missing a goal. Stewart scored a goal for the Thrash and has 3 pts in 2 games against the Blueshirts this season. 3-2 NYR SO

H2H History

Some positive numbers for NYR players...
    -Gaborik's slump may break tonight as he has 8 goals in 11 games (14 pts) career against the Thrash
    -Del Zotto might be able to spark the PP having 1G4A in 5 games versus the Thrashers. (3a on the PP)
    -Rangers may miss Drury having 26 pts in 30 career games
    -Prospal has 57 career points in 52 career games up against ATL.
    -Dustin Byfuglien may only have 3 points in 5 games against the Blueshirts but DAMN did he score a nice game winner against them as a Hawk last year.
    -One-time-Ranger Nik Antropov has only 15 pts in 31 games career vs NYR.
    -Peverley has 1g6A in 8 games over the last few years against the Rangers.

Tonight's Starters

Henrik Lundqvist (21-17-4 .922 2.35)
    -The King will return to the pipes after having 8 days to think his recent play over. Can't remember the last time he didn't start for 8 days.
    -Lundy today: "Right now all teams are playing pretty desperate. Yeah, we're struggling...(but) teams behind us have tougher roads."
    -Lundqvist was pulled in his last start after allowing 3 goals on 12 shots against the Devils.
    -In the last meeting, Lundqvist won the goalie battle in a 3-2 shootout win.
    -In 5 of Lundy's last 7 games hes allowed 3+ goals
    -Career against Atlanta: 7-3-6 2.15 .916 (not including his sweep over them back in the 06-07 playoffs)

Ondrej Pavelec (17-15-8 .922 2.59)
    -Pavelec has won 1 of his last 8 while allowing 3+ goals in 5 of the 8. (Loss of Enstrom?). His only win was a shutout.
    -Pav's was on the losing side the last time these 2 teams met by being the victim of Zuccarellos shootout snipe

Thrashers Notes

-Tobias Enstrom will return tonight. Eric Boulton will also return. Datsyuk came back on Monday against the Rangers and now this!

-From AJC: 'Enstrom was a leader in ice time, led the defensive zone breakouts and played the opposite point from Byfuglien on the first power-play unit.' The Thrashers went 1-4-1 without Enstrom.
    -Modin hasn't practiced since Monday's loss against the Leafs.
    -Kulda will be the odd-man out
    -Ladd, Stewart, Kane, Byfuglien, Hainsey. Slater, Modin, Meyer skipped the optional today. I have been told Ladd missed a couple practices last week with a knee issue.

Projected Thrashers lines for tonight:

Forwards: Cormier-Burmistrov-Peverly; Kane-Antropov-Stewart; Ladd-Little-Bergfors; Boulton-Stapleton-Thorburn
    Defensemen: Enstrom-Byfuglien; Oduya-Sopel; Hainsey-Bogosian

Rangers Notes

-The powerplay has faulted over the last few games costing the Rangers point after point. Some encouraging news after the team spent a few days practicing the man advantage: From Torts "We changed some things, but also encouraged creativity...puck movement is the key"
    -Chris Drury has been played on the IR...NOT the LTIR.
    -According to capgeek, the Rangers can spend up to $10.8M at the deadline. Puck moving D? First line center?
    -Avery,Gaborik,Girardi,Prust,Wolski missed todays optional. Gaborik...hmm...
    -The Rangers have only led 3 times going into the 3rd in the last 18 games.

Projected Ranger Lines:

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
    Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
    Wolski-Stepan-Zuccs
    Prust-Boyle-Avery
    Last edited by littleranger; February 11, 2011 at 2:33 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice preview!
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Nice preview!
    Thanks!

Too bad the Rangers couldn't get anything going. Post game will be up tomorrow! Won't lie...I missed a bit of it watching the Isles mayhem.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post-Game

Feb 11: 2 Rangers @ 3 Thrashers

A low scoring affair saw a back and fourth game with the Rangers blowing a 2-1 lead with 6 minutes left in the third. Evander Kane tallied the game-tyer and game-winner goal.

In the first period, the Rangers were playing a solid game up until Alex Burmistrov delivered a thunderous hit on Matt Gilroy. After that, the Thrashers took over the next few minutes eventually scoring a goal on a turnover by Anisimov leading to a nifty sauce pass by Burmistrov and a goal by Anthony Stewart.

The Rangers led off the second with an early powerplay. Pavelec made a diving save on Gaborik extending his slump but Marc Staal jumped into the play collecting a rebound off a Marian Gaborik shot.

Early in the third Dubinsky worked his way around the offensive zone and found himself open below the hashmarks to slip one by an unsuspecting Pavelec. Unforunately for the Rangers, that was one of the last chances they had to tie it. Gaborik managed to collect a penalty shot but was stopped by Pavelec (career 2/7 on penalty shots). For the second Thrasher goal, Evander Kane pushed off of the defensemen and made some room for himself to tap in a loud rebound from Lundqvist's pad. The third scored 4 minutes later (the eventual game winner), Little tied up the defenseman to leave Kane wide alone to collect the rebound.

Ranger's Notes

-I suspect Del Zotto will be a healthy scratch tomorrows game with the Rangers going winless in six. He didn't create much offensively and played less than 14 minutes earning a minus one. Torts said he played alright in the postgame but it just seems like anything will help in the lineup next game. The Rangers are 1-5-1 since DZ's callup and with one powerplay assist.
    -Lundqvist played a solid game but kicked out a few rebounds back in the slot. The Thrashers tied up the Ranger D on multiple occasions which was mainly the reason they found so many chances in the slot.
    -Wolski should get another shot on the top powerplay point with the Rangers finally scoring one with the man advantage.
    -Staal jumped into the play to score the first powerplay goal in what seems like years. My bold prediction early in the season said Staal will outpoint Del Zotto. How's that looking?
    -Gaborik had a bounceback came with lots of chances exploiting the Atlanta D with his explosiveness. He picked up 2 assists and a penalty shot. He had a bunch of chances so its looking up for him.
    -Rangers could also be slumping because the Prust/Boyle combo isn't banging the body as hard as they normally do. If they arent scoring goals then they MUST do that. They were traditionally the difference makers in those tight games while the Rangers faced all those injuries.
    -Ave's in the post-game was pretty pissed about not being able to discuss the non-calls in the game. He faced a clear slash from Ladd (Torts didn't think so) and in the post game said whenever he asks about non calls hes basically told to '$@!% off'
    -Not looking good for Zuccarello. He played under 10 minutes and saw 2nd unit PP time. He doesn't do much defensively so if he isn't creating on offense then hes not much use for the Rangers. His days may be numbered (for this season) when Fedotenko and Drury eventually return.
    -The Rangers are 2-6-1 without Fedotenko. 4-9-1 since the Roszival trade, and 2-5-1 without Eminger.

Thrasher's Notes

-Andrew Ladd didn't stand out in comparison to the other games I have seen of him this season (only a handful). As reported in the pregame, he missed a few practices last week with a knee injury (resting) and maybe its catching up to him. Ladd has 1 pt since the all star break and 2 in his last 9.
    -Enstrom played a sound game defensively in his return. He saw 22:46 of ice time and picked up an assist. This should spark the struggling powerplay as his assist came on the man advantage.
    -Anthony Stewart again showed up against the Rangers picking up a goal and an assist. He now has 4 pts in 3 games.
    -One player I forgot about in the pregame was Evander Kane. Every game he's played against the Rangers he has shown a scoring touch and can even take the body. He was definently worth the 4th overall pick. Kane (2G1A ln) has 4 goals in 5 games against the Blueshirts.
    -Burmistrov had a very impressive first period. He delivered a bone-jarring hit on Gilroy and made a sweet pass to a great finish by Stewart. I can't believe he only played 7:22 but I guess he didn't make an impact in the 2nd or 3rd.
    -Boulton did a terrific job in a fight against Prust last night. Probably the first time I've seen Prust take a few hooks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default New Lines

New lines at practice today per Gross

Dubinsky-Prospal-Gaborik, Avery-Anisimov-Stepan Zuccarello-Christensen-Prust Wolski-Boyle-Callahan

First time all year that Prust/Boyle have been separated. Torts trying anything to get the guys going. Not quite sure which line is the second...all 3 should see about the same time aside from the PKers and the PP units.