Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He's been playing lots. It's his first rough game after three straight quality starts.
    4 starts in 3, almost 4 weeks is lots....?

He needs to play more than that. Any goalie does unless they are a clear backup.

Dobber Sports Stud

Henrik has 25 starts
    Alexandar has 23 starts
    Igor has 3 starts
    as of the all star break

pretty even split I'd say

Georgiev also has a slightly better % than Lundqvist does too
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Henrik has 25 starts
    Alexandar has 23 starts
    Igor has 3 starts
    as of the all star break

pretty even split I'd say

Georgiev also has a slightly better % than Lundqvist does too
    But it is interesting to note that after the Christmas break the splits look like that:

Henrik has 3 starts
    Alexandar has 6 starts
    Igor has 3 starts

Henrik has been the starter in just 2 games this calendar year...with .862 and .828. It looks like one of these situations baseball when a player is going on the plate as a platoon hitter only agains lefties.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes - the options will crystallize the closer we get to teams making the call to be buyers or sellers. As I said from the outset, Georgiev does not make sense for the Leafs but someone will. I’ll the make bold call and say tonight’s start will be Georgiev’s last as a Ranger! I think he goes to the Oilers.
    My bold prediction is that he goes to the Red Wings! I would say that Calgary is a dark horse. Talbot is a UFA after this season, Rittich has just one more year left. Depends on how confident they are in this tandem for the playoff run this year. Vegas and Nashville I consider as the ultimate dark hourses here. Fleury has 2 more years but how much is left in him? Thats what should the Vegas staff start thinking. If they want to secure the backup position, they could trade someone like Tuch for Georgiev. Thats because they dont have too much cap space to work with. The Nashville situation is a curious one. Rinne is becoming a UFA this summer. Would he sign an extension for a backup goalie money just to give them better chance to compete? Do the Preds have trust in Saros to be their number one or is a time for a change(Hey Georgiev)?
    There are speculation that San Jose could/should be interested in Georgiev, but I think that they dont have the picks/prospects to compete with the other teams mentioned above.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Master

It really feels like the Rangers don’t want to trade Georgie. I think they want to be loyal to Hank but it will cost them. That’s ok, informed decision but they clearly don’t want to send Igor back to the A and clearly can’t keep this carousel going.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    My bold prediction is that he goes to the Red Wings! I would say that Calgary is a dark horse. Talbot is a UFA after this season, Rittich has just one more year left. Depends on how confident they are in this tandem for the playoff run this year. Vegas and Nashville I consider as the ultimate dark hourses here. Fleury has 2 more years but how much is left in him? Thats what should the Vegas staff start thinking. If they want to secure the backup position, they could trade someone like Tuch for Georgiev. Thats because they dont have too much cap space to work with. The Nashville situation is a curious one. Rinne is becoming a UFA this summer. Would he sign an extension for a backup goalie money just to give them better chance to compete? Do the Preds have trust in Saros to be their number one or is a time for a change(Hey Georgiev)?
    There are speculation that San Jose could/should be interested in Georgiev, but I think that they dont have the picks/prospects to compete with the other teams mentioned above.
    Rinne has one more year after this one. I don’t think Nashville is buying. Detroit is but with which assets?

I think San Jose is in hard.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    It really feels like the Rangers don’t want to trade Georgie. I think they want to be loyal to Hank but it will cost them. That’s ok, informed decision but they clearly don’t want to send Igor back to the A and clearly can’t keep this carousel going.
    Clearly they do want to trade him. I have no idea what you mean by “it really feels like”. Shesterkin is the future, Lundqvist the past, and Georgiev falls between two stools. He’s as good as gone - just need to maximize the return. This is hockey, not some touchy feely Dr. Phil episode.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

?...

Why are you so upset? ...

The Rangers clearly like their asset and in an ideal world would want to keep Georgie, but can’t due to their loyalty to Lundqvist, who is clearly tier 3 compared to the other two. That’s the pickle. That’s what I mean.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I wonder how loyal they would be if Hank didnt have a no trade clause.
    20 team H2H Keep up to 4 . G/A/PPP/SOG/HITS/BS/Corsi SV%/GAA/W/SO
    6F 4D 2G 4Reserve.

F - Draisaitl, B. Tkatchuk,

G - Igor Shesterkin

The Great One

I don’t even really understand what you’re trying to say with your “feels” post. If you’re trying to say you don’t think they should trade him then say that. Or you think Gorton doesn’t want to trade him? There probably is a bit of loyalty to Lundqvist but really it’s about the tradeability and return. They won’t trade Lundqvist because they can’t. No one wants the contract or the player unless someone takes him as a salary dump which he would have to approve, which I don’t see happening. Georgiev has some real value and should be traded and I think will be traded.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by b.27 View Post
    I wonder how loyal they would be if Hank didnt have a no trade clause.
    Haha, that’s a really good point actually. Probably less but not by much. They love that guy and what he’s meant to the franchise.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don’t even really understand what you’re trying to say with your “feels” post. If you’re trying to say you don’t think they should trade him then say that. Or you think Gorton doesn’t want to trade him? There probably is a bit of loyalty to Lundqvist but really it’s about the tradeability and return. They won’t trade Lundqvist because they can’t. No one wants the contract or the player unless someone takes him as a salary dump which he would have to approve, which I don’t see happening. Georgiev has some real value and should be traded and I think will be traded.
    Gut feeling, sense, based on anecdotal information. Difficult to explain without more information. Incomplete thought thus far, but it’s getting put together the more information we have.

Source?

It’s been about a month in this three-headed Monster and the longer it goes the harder it will be for the goalies to perform. My humble opinion based on the widely accepted view that goalies (and really all players) need rhythm. Also reports are that the Rangers are taking offers on Georgie but will trade only if something knocks their socks off. Posturing? Spin? Of course! But I firmly believe if they had their preference they wouldn’t trade Georgie. They can’t (and kinda don’t want to) trade Lundqvist. They don’t want to return Shestyorkin to the A. They want their cake and want to eat it. They know they can’t but they’re dragging it out. If they really really really wanted to trade Georgiev, he’d have been traded already. Manages don’t ***** foot when they know what they want. Saying they’re being patient in waiting for better offers is full garbage; these guys talk every day (NHL GMs and their associates). They know the player’s return value, they know what’s out there.

That’s my feeling.

Smile tweetdrivr.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Gorton likes packages and my gut says he dreams of a package deal with Kreider/Georgiev for an absolute haul. I will circle back to Tampa though with that cap hit mentioned for Georgiev. They ride or die currently on Vas, he goes down they cannot do it with Curtis plain and simple. Georgiev instantly gives them perhaps the best tandem in the league. Tampa has enough youth, skill, and depth here and now to hemorrage the future as far as picks simply because they already have a solid core in place with years ahead. They've done mega deals before and being familiar surely helps, we'll see no use speculating too hard we have a month still and this will def come down to the wire. Gorton prob has voodoo dolls of every starting goalie in the NHL currently and spends his nights at home hexing them.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

This thread is really starting to get interesting. Last season it was quite lonely round these parts

A few points I'm ruminating on

The NY fishwrap says Georgiev probably gets a better return in the summer. I think there is some logic to this point. NY doesn't HAVE TO move the kid, unlike Kreider who is 100% gone.

Just like Hayes, Chris Kreider is going to live out of a hotel down the stretch. Hopefully he can make a nice run of it and get paid. Perhaps NY will be in the running to bring him back, but if a franchise like Philly throws stupid money at CK like they did on Hayes then CK should take it and enjoy the extra millions. Good for him, he has been inconsistent through his career but is a top 6 player.

3 headed goalie isn't that a big a deal. Shesterkin can rotate back to the AHL if he needs an extra game or two and passes through waivers without an issue. Hank rides the pine. Georgiev gets at least half the starts down the stretch if NY doesn't get enough of an offer to move him. I don't buy the argument that NY HAS TO TRADE a goalie. Next season will be when the clock rings on decision making time. Gorton & JD have lots of time to get things "right" before then. I think both Alexandar & Igor can learn from Hank about his approach to the game, the way he goes about preparation, practice and downtime are all very valuable. NY isn't some secondary city, it runs 24 hours a day and its relatively easy to go off the rails. Look no farther than Don Murdoch.

The RFA situation is also very interesting especially DeAngelo & Strome. I am beginning to believe that Strome is gone for the right offer and TDA is going to get a major raise this offseason on a multi year deal.

Perhaps moving on from both Kreider & Strome might open the way for Kravtsov to get a sniff of NHL action. Apparently he has been adjusting to AHL life much better the second time around.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Can anyone here tell me about Jesper Fast as a depth fantasy asset. What kind of minutes is he getting and with who? In a multi cat DEEP league, is there any decent value with Fast this year?