Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: New York Rangers

Well I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that anyone expects a team that is rebuilding to be competitive. You are either one or the other. Rebuilding teams normally arent competitive and competitive teams normally arent rebuildling.

So what are the Rangers?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

They're a rebuilding team that acquired two high end players to push that rebuild into fast forward.

Vancouver did the same thing this year with JT Miller & Tyler Myers
    Say what you want about player comparables but..

a 1st rounder was traded for one and the other was paid too much in Free Agency for what he brings
    which team am I talking about? Both.

IMO.. both teams leapt before they should have at making these moves. A year too soon... maybe two years too soon with NYR.

If we go back a couple months a lot of people had the NYR pushing for a wild card with the addition of Trouba & Panarin

I had both teams out of the playoffs (still do) but didn't expect the Rangers to be Ottawa level bad (who funny enough looked good last night)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Was at MSG last night. Rangers were horrible! Totally out worked by the Sens, and the two scraps (DeAngelo!) seemed to help the Sens more even though arguably their guys lost each fight - the Sens, especially that pest Tkachuck, totally got i their heads. BTW Kreider was possibly the worst player on the ice, completely uninvolved, he needs a trade soon.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Was at MSG last night. Rangers were horrible! Totally out worked by the Sens, and the two scraps (DeAngelo!) seemed to help the Sens more even though arguably their guys lost each fight - the Sens, especially that pest Tkachuck, totally got i their heads. BTW Kreider was possibly the worst player on the ice, completely uninvolved, he needs a trade soon.
    I wonder if getting the disgruntled guy out of town will make the difference it needs to. They look many steps behind the play. I think it’s coaching.

Like the Devils and Stars.

I have this theory about NCAA coaches... just a hunch so far...

Dobber Sports Stud

The overall defensive scheme is very poor. This is being magnified by poor decisions and atrocious play by the elder statesmen in Staal. I could be worse in that Girardi, Yandle, Shattenkirk aren't clogging things up. As long as the kids are playing I would expect a poor defense by the team. The centers are very young and missing Zibenejad isn't helping matters.

If Chris Kreider needs to go, then so be it. He missed an open net shot vs Carolina in favor of stickhandling. His game really seems to have fallen off. He came on as NY was rising towards their eventual finals loss to LA and now is onboard for a full blown rebuild. I'm not sure NY needs more draft picks so that might be gumming up any trade negotiations.

The manner in which Lias Andersson is being deployed is shameful imho. Something has to be brewing under the surface. Lias is Mika's roommate this season too.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kreider reminds me of Zuccarello in the earlier part of last season where the uncertainty over his future impacted his on-ice performance. I can't see any meaningful trades being made by any team until 2020 so he has time to turn it around and build up his value with a hot streak at the right time but it's sad to see him basically play his way out of town like this.

As for Lias... jeebus. Just send the kid to Hartford already and let him play 18-20 minutes a night. If it was good enough for Chytil and Kravtsov it's good enough for him. I get that there's no talent on the wings to play him with so why stunt his overall development this way?

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree

At least with Zuc he was honest about it. Kreider seems to be the "strong silent" type which clearly hasn't worked so far.

Over the last couple of games we are seeing Christopher take more than a few faceoffs which has an interesting twist to it.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

New York Rangers✔@NYRangers

OFFICIAL: Rangers recall Tim Gettinger from @WolfPackAHL and assign Lias Andersson to Hartford.

Lias finally sent down to Hartford where he can get more than 4 minutes of ice-time and hopefully find his mojo.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    New York Rangers✔@NYRangers

Lias finally sent down to Hartford where he can get more than 4 minutes of ice-time and hopefully find his mojo.
    Lots of rumors floating around Andersson and Puljujarvi too. Not sure if there's much truth to it, but the rumors are out there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lots of rumors floating around Andersson and Puljujarvi too. Not sure if there's much truth to it, but the rumors are out there.
    Not sure that Andersson is more appealing than whatever a team like Carolina can offer, but I have to believe that the Rangers are attempting to be in the mix as the December 1st deadline looms... you know, so they can play Puljujarvi with Michael Haley and Greg McKegg for less than 4 minutes a night.

Dobber Sports Master

Just look at what Fabbri is doing in Detroit with 16 mins a night instead of the 4 he was getting in St Louis. Players need to play, especially scorers, to develop or regain their touch.

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Just look at what Fabbri is doing in Detroit with 16 mins a night instead of the 4 he was getting in St Louis. Players need to play, especially scorers, to develop or regain their touch.
    Not disagreeing with you, but I'm going to play devil's advocate a little here. We've seen it time and again where a team trades for a struggling, former high-ceiling player, gives him the minutes he "should have been receiving" according to fans of his former team, and starts to produce. Then ten, maybe 15, games later the guy is unproductive and riding the pine again. Even though he was able to put up some points when given an opportunity he wasn't driving the play on the ice and engaging in the types of off-puck behaviors needed for sustained, long term success. The first guy that comes to my mind is a serial offender here, Brandon Pirri. Guy comes in hot time after time when given prime opportunity and fizzles out before you can even add him off the wire in your fantasy league. I'm sure everyone here can add at least one favorite example as well.

So yeah, players need to play, get into their rhythm, and quite frankly not overthink and over-analyze their game and just do what comes instinctively and play in their team's system. But to do that successfully, night in and night out, they need to do the little things to put themselves in that position in the first place. That's what differentiate the NHLers from the AAAA guys who got to where they are by overpowering less physically developed kids in Juniors.

I hope Fabbri pans out long term (always liked the guy, those injuries really hit him at the worst time) and I hope Lias pans out as well and can find his touch and get back to the bigs in time to play with someone other than face punchers.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lias Andersson scored his first goal of the season a few minutes ago in his first game playing real minutes for the Hartford Wolf Pack. Crazy.

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/stat...11376504246272

Dobber Sports Stud

Lias is getting proper ice time and its showing. Lets wait for him to hit the 10 game mark and see where he stands

Good news about the Pack is that apparently the culture has changed. There is a good writeup in newsday

"Hartford center Boo Nieves, who is in his fourth season with the club, said the atmosphere there is completely different than it was in the past.
    “Everybody's bought in, you know, we have a good a good group of younger guys — and I'm 25, and I'm saying younger as in 21-, 22-year-old guys — and they've all they've all bought in, and they've all been doing everything from blocking shots to, you know, doing whatever it is they need to do,’’ Nieves said. “Guys aren't worrying about their individual stats… who's scoring, or who's getting the assists.’’

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ack-1.38836466

Dobber Sports Superstar

they're a team f*cking up their shot at LaFraniere, START LOSING lol.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe