Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I actually think the Rangers are in a golden situation. Once they won the Kakko lottery pick it was instantly "go time!"

Incoming--Panarin, Trouba, Kakko, Kravtsov and Fox (both likely). Chytil got a taste and will be ready to build on his rookie season.

Look at the farm ... Andersson, Shestyorkin, Miller, Jones, etc. There is so much to like about the young Rags--as much as it pains me to say it as a Flyers fan.

This season and next they will be "exciting" ... by 2021-22 they will be ready to soar.

I'm convinced Panarin will play the best hockey of his career from this point on--90 points are coming!

Kakko is a legit, franchise stud ... and Kravtsov looks like he has the chops to end up an offensive dynamo.

Shestyorkin will be a franchise tender ... and Trouba, Fox, Miller and Jones eventually give the Rags an explosive top-4 of USA D.
    High praise for the team from a rival. Good read and some rep for ya too.

I guess I'll post my take on the former rangers in the Philly org over at their thread
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

FYI Adam Fox put up 5 points in the last game
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Only caught the highlights against the Dev's B squad last night but man oh man did that Power Play look amazing. Skjei/Trouba... *sigh*... hopefully they're still getting the Summer sunshine out of their system because watching them get burned wasn't pretty. Brendan Smith's effigy is still terrible, I can't believe he was once a top prospect. Speaking of, clearly Brandon Crawley doesn't want to make a good impression. It's one thing to make a dumb turnover on your own blue line, it's another to give up on the play entirely at that point. Reminded me of "Controller Disconnected" Ovi.

Hopefully Panarin's groin is a minor issue because this team is going to be a hell of a lot more exciting to watch this year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey guys who do you think is going to be the Rangers second line centre for this year? I heard that they are giving Chytil a chance at the second line but we are still in the preseason. What about Strome who finished the season very strong at that second line. He could possibly be a later round sleeper if he centers the second line with of Kravtsov, Kakko, Buchnevich or Kreider.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Superstar

Tony DeAngelo needs to be given an opportunity to QB PP1 based on what I saw last night. I will go out on a limb and say he's our squads most offensively gifted blueliner. I really think he can be a 40-50 point guy this year if they realize he's the most dangerous for offense out of all of them. Fox is going to be good and Trouba is no slouch but neither possess DeAngelo's deception which is why he racks up points at a 0.5/PPG clip with deployment to this point that isn't glorious. He controlled play last night every time he touched the puck and he made things happen, beautiful stretch pass to Kakko which resulted in a high danger scoring chance albeit no goal. Here's to hoping Quinn goes out on a limb and uses Tony's strengths on offense more this season.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Veteran

Chytil & Kravtsov among final cuts.

New York Rangers✔@NYRangers

OFFICIAL: #NYR reduce roster to 22 players. Chytil, Kravtsov, Lettieri, Lindgren & Shesterkin have been assigned to @WolfPackAHL. Nieves will be placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment. Reunanen has been loaned to Lukko in Liiga. Morrow has been released from his PTO.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, Chytil seemed to be penciled into that 2C slot during the off season and now this. I had read that his play the past weeks was lacklustre though I never did get any viewings.

He is still quite young so I can’t really see this as being a bad thing for his overall development. Physically he could probably stand to mature a bit more too.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Jedi

#2C should be Howden now... If R. Strome is your #2.. might as well plan for the lottery draft in June now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    #2C should be Howden now... If R. Strome is your #2.. might as well plan for the lottery draft in June now.
    As of now I believe Strome is #2, Andersson is #3, and Howden is #4. As for the lottery this isn't a playoff team, but it'll be a lot more exciting to watch than last year's stiffs. It's too much to hope for ping pong balls to fall our way for LaFreniere; but with the draft-eligible pool as deep as it is I think getting a solid pick in next year's draft in addition to all the offseason moves this year is a big win.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So long as Strome plays a solid two-way game as C2... NYR could be fine and in contention for playoffs.
    Makes more sense to let those wings (Kakko & Kreider) go do the deep offensive work.

For me the biggest issue is that their several new defensemen in front of their goalies... there's adjustment there for both.
    There might be some "soft looking" goals that squeak thru (and seem strange) while they learn to communicate with each other.

I think the offense will be fine, even with Strome/Andersson/Howden.
    (I actually quite like Howden... hope he can play the whole year like he did last October: good.)

Dobber Sports Stud

Namestnikov should also be in the running for pivot time. Currently on the wing, but things are in flux at MSG.

I agree that DeAngelo should get serious consideration for top PP time.

Chytil seemed to go through the motions but never really impressed me in what I saw of him in the preseason. No worries, he still can't buy a beer and hopefully will gel with Kravtsov in the AHL.

FYI

According to a source
    the Rangers are the only team in NHL w/ 5 players 21 & younger, and only team in NHL w/ opening night roster with 8 players 23 & younger.

Dobber Sports Master

How long before one of two things occurs with this team:

Coach fired for horrendous team defense on display.

Shesterkin promoted to be the stopgap for horrendous team defense on display.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    How long before one of two things occurs with this team:

Coach fired for horrendous team defense on display.

Shesterkin promoted to be the stopgap for horrendous team defense on display.
    Call me crazy, but isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding team? Sure they added some nice pieces in Trouba and Panarin but the rebuild is still the plan as far as I know. Why fire the coach when a rebuilding team isn't playing well, unless they dont think he's the right coach to lead the rebuild. And if that is the case, why start the season with him at all?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Call me crazy, but isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding team? Sure they added some nice pieces in Trouba and Panarin but the rebuild is still the plan as far as I know. Why fire the coach when a rebuilding team isn't playing well, unless they dont think he's the right coach to lead the rebuild. And if that is the case, why start the season with him at all?
    they've also had a weird rhythm to start the season ; barely any games it seems or long stretches between them followed with a b2b - isles are similar with whacky sked to start.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You’re crazy!

Yes, they are in a rebuild but they added arguably a #1 D and certainly a high end #1 winger to the team, but are routinely out of games. There appears to be little defensive structure to the team (in the 5-6 games I’ve watched) and it’s basically a very leaky boat. Call me crazy but with the off-season additions you’d think they’d be a bit more competitive than this, despite even the odd schedule to start the year. Maybe Ziba’s injury can explain part of this but they haven’t looked good at all for the pieces they have.