Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: New York Rangers

So how excited are we about Shesterkin in dynasty leagues?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

So far Shestyorkin has said the right things. He looks to be very humble and let his play speak for him. Well that and a lack of English ability...

The issue for NY is that the defense was HORRIBLE last season. Just terrible.

Poor Georgiev, the guy was outstanding last season and in fact carried the team for periods. He is a good goalie.

He is also AHL eligible

The dinosaurs of Henke & Staal are holding NY from taking a huge step forward
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    While I don't agree with the lines they project, I see the logic in their choice.

So Turris brings a huge cap hit. Even more than Kreider this season.

So the money doesn't make sense capwise.

Something or someone else needs to move to make that work.

Also I think Turris is a little long in the tooth for what NY is rolling out. Not that its a bad trade in that NY ideally needs a pivot.

But for Kreider and overall cap hit I think there are better matches.

Now if Nashville is carrying a significant part of the freight in the deal, then that might scratch the itch. But I'd assume they won't as evidenced by the Slewban trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That projected lineup looks like a lot of fun. They need a #2 center badly. And no, I wouldn't want Turris. He's had some good years but at his cap hit I don't want the baggage.
    I assume that Nashville will be willing take some of the cap hit(like 2m.)
    I know that Turris is not exactly the top choice that Rangers fans will want. I brought Turris as a proposal because Nashville is one of the feel teams that have tremendous depth down the middle and are willing to trade a center.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Guru

The more I reflect on this signing the more I LOVE it for the Rangers.

The cost was significant, but they can afford it now. They immediately become a playoff contender IMO--adding Panarin and Trouba to an up-and-coming team makes a massive difference.
    And doing it now is smart--they take advantage of the cheap pricetags of all these youngsters while simultaneously giving them a winning situation (hopefully) and insulating them a bit more. KK, Kravstov, Fox, DeAngelo, etc. all benefit from this.
    They also get a couple more years of solid play from Lundqvist (hopefully), taking advantage of the HHOFer and bridging the gap between him and Shestyorkin.

They'll be in a great situation this year--like TO was a couple years ago. Making the playoffs will be a big milestone for this group and their fanbase. Expectations for even that will be tempered. But it's feasible. And then they'll gain some big-game experience without the pressure.

Love it. This team is gonna be fun to follow.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Icon

ive seen a couple of times now where they (whoever they are..) have Buch slated on L1 with Panarin and Zib..

what are the chances that holds? i mean ya i love it but is it sustainable?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    ive seen a couple of times now where they (whoever they are..) have Buch slated on L1 with Panarin and Zib..

what are the chances that holds? i mean ya i love it but is it sustainable?
    Buch has the talent, but does he have the commitment to make it happen. he's the only thing holding himself back
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Buch was a healthy scratch for coach Quinn.
    So I think the source with Buchnevich on the top line wing is either a mistake, wishful thinking or trying to "improve" his value in the trade market
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    I assume that Nashville will be willing take some of the cap hit(like 2m.)
    I know that Turris is not exactly the top choice that Rangers fans will want. I brought Turris as a proposal because Nashville is one of the feel teams that have tremendous depth down the middle and are willing to trade a center.
    There are a few reasons Turris doesn't fit.
    NY is already up against the cap. Adding Turris' simply exacerbates the situation.
    Even with Nashville taking on part of the hit, it still doesn't mesh with what NY is doing. Maybe in a year or two when players like Staal & Smith are off the books... But this year ? nope.
    2C is a situation which NY can possibly solve in house, whereas the atrocious defense is what will sink them next season. So adding cap to solve the smaller issue at 2C, while the blueline is an open sore just doesn't make much sense.

No team wants any part of Marc Staal or Brendan Smith. Thats 10 million right there.

Dobber Sports Stud

OK so I'll say it

The rebuilding was a sales job. The letter, calls for patience, everything.

NY just threw it all out the window.

Don't get me wrong, they could have done much worse than spending it on Panarin and Trouba. So in that regard its probably money well spent.

But a rebuild it ain't.

Glad I'm not a season ticket holder because ownership is a joke. The Knicks are a laughing stock and the Rangers well.. lets see how they wiggle out from under a cap problem they created themselves.

Good luck to them, they are going to need it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

all but guaranteed Kreider is traded which I absolutely welcome as he'll never reach his potential. Buch could very well be gone which I do not want to see and Shattenkirk a buyout candidate. I agree though, I was excited for a true draft rebuild and they just s*it all over it.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

Kreider has the most value if he can be resigned

Its too bad as he showed such promise when he first came up to the club

But last season he was a no show for such long periods, depsite putting up some pretty good numbers

What will other teams be prepared to pay for Kid Kreider ?

Dobber Sports Stud

Uncle Larry at the NY Post is postulating that NY will buy out Shattenkirk, but more interestingly he is reporting that the NY braintrust has even exchanged numbers with Kreider !

"You should also know there still has yet to be a conversation between general manager Jeff Gorton and Kreider’s representative, Matt Keator, about what it would take to get the 28-year-old under a long-term contract. Not a number has been exchanged."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/why-ke...-cap-casualty/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Uncle Larry at the NY Post is postulating that NY will buy out Shattenkirk, but more interestingly he is reporting that the NY braintrust has even exchanged numbers with Kreider !

"You should also know there still has yet to be a conversation between general manager Jeff Gorton and Kreider’s representative, Matt Keator, about what it would take to get the 28-year-old under a long-term contract. Not a number has been exchanged."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/27/why-ke...-cap-casualty/
    Nice of Brooks to conveniently leave out that buying out Shattenkirk now would cost $6M against the cap in 2020-21.

Dobber Sports Legend

OK so I'll say it

The rebuilding was a sales job. The letter, calls for patience, everything.

NY just threw it all out the window.

Don't get me wrong, they could have done much worse than spending it on Panarin and Trouba. So in that regard its probably money well spent.

But a rebuild it ain't.

Glad I'm not a season ticket holder because ownership is a joke. The Knicks are a laughing stock and the Rangers well.. lets see how they wiggle out from under a cap problem they created themselves.

Good luck to them, they are going to need it.
    I actually think the Rangers are in a golden situation. Once they won the Kakko lottery pick it was instantly "go time!"

Incoming--Panarin, Trouba, Kakko, Kravtsov and Fox (both likely). Chytil got a taste and will be ready to build on his rookie season.

Look at the farm ... Andersson, Shestyorkin, Miller, Jones, etc. There is so much to like about the young Rags--as much as it pains me to say it as a Flyers fan.

This season and next they will be "exciting" ... by 2021-22 they will be ready to soar.

I'm convinced Panarin will play the best hockey of his career from this point on--90 points are coming!

Kakko is a legit, franchise stud ... and Kravtsov looks like he has the chops to end up an offensive dynamo.

Shestyorkin will be a franchise tender ... and Trouba, Fox, Miller and Jones eventually give the Rags an explosive top-4 of USA D.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Nice of Brooks to conveniently leave out that buying out Shattenkirk now would cost $6M against the cap in 2020-21.
    Yup, I don't agree with Larry with this move.

There are other ways to reduce salary

Using CF I got there via

Sending Beleskey to AHL
    Buying out Brendan Smith
    Trading Strome to a team with cap space and a need for talent such as Ottawa for whatever they can get for him. I suggested a 3rd round pick would be sufficient

Yes they still have DeAngelo & Lemieux to sign which again forces another move which is what Larry is arguing.
    Dumping Shat allows everything else to happen.

I think most Rangers fans agree that the guy who should go is most likely Marc Staal. But between the term and the NTC etc he is going to stay with the team.