Page 67 of 99 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

Really nice interview with Neal Pionk courtesy of the fishwrap aka the NY Post

https://nypost.com/2018/11/22/neal-p...ing-the-dream/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Immortal

King Henrik (446) passes Sawchuk for 6th all time on the wins list. He should very easily get up to 3rd all time past Belfour (484) but behind Roy (551).

Guess I haven't looked at it in a while but holy crap Brodeur has 691 wins. That is astounding.

Dobber Sports Stud

Indeed

Henrik has been the difference in NY for a generation
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Something is brewing

Coach Quinn says Zucarello needs a maintenance day.

I'm not buying it

thanks c-roc

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not what you had in mind I'm sure.

#NYR Mats Zuccarello is not skating - foot infection. Day to day

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Not what you had in mind I'm sure.

Indeed, a surprising turn of events.

However Zuc only missed that one game and is really getting back to his old self.

The old dirtbag Zucarello is back and he is putting up some good point totals. It also helps that coach Quinn has the top line of Zibanejad, Kreider playing with Mats. That ZZK line is playing very well together.
    It will be a shame when they break it up.

Dobber Sports Stud

Without a doubt Mika Zibanejad has broken out.

Dude is on a point per game production rate

That Brassard trade worked out very well for NY

Dobber Sports Stud

Twelve days and six games away from the Feb. 25 trade deadline, The Post has learned that Blueshirts general manager Jeff Gorton has not engaged in contract extension talks with either Kevin Hayes or Mats Zuccarello.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/12/ranger...carello-hayes/

Dobber Sports Wizard

DeAngelo seems to be blossoming. I wonder what his next contract will be and his role going forward. He could be sneaky great value next year with his mutli-cat numbers.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    DeAngelo seems to be blossoming. I wonder what his next contract will be and his role going forward. He could be sneaky great value next year with his mutli-cat numbers.
    NY has a winning record with Tony D in the lineup, and thats saying alot.

The issue with DeAngelo is "maturity". Coach Quinn has scratched and or benched him for this issue more than once this season.

He clearly has NHL talent, but seems to make a bone headed decision either on or off the ice and force management's hand in his ice time.

NY lacks talent at the NHL level and that will certainly work in Tony's favor.

He sticks up for teammates on the ice, and gave Okposo a major punch that concussed the guy so he can throw them as well.

All in all I agree with the sentiment, he is blossoming but into what. A top 4 pairing guy who can play PP & PK, clear the crease and not take stupid penalties ? Whose value is staying on the ice and not taking stupid penalties ? Lets hope he is becoming that kind of player. NY needs that badly.

Dobber Sports Stud

Will the REAL Pavel Buchnevich please stand up ?

https://nypost.com/2019/03/24/the-ra...el-buchnevich/

He has really started to blossom but it wasn't too long ago that he was a healthy scratch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Interesting story developing... apparently (according to the Athletic) John Davidson is considered the Rangers "only" choice to replace the now retired Glen Sather.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah JD is getting alot of love. He cemented his stay with that amazing run in 79 to the finals.

I like Don Maloney as he has experience as well, but the last thing I heard from him was that he was really enjoying his job for the Flames and living out West. He is from Manitoba so I can see the attraction for him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Yeah JD is getting alot of love. He cemented his stay with that amazing run in 79 to the finals.

I like Don Maloney as he has experience as well, but the last thing I heard from him was that he was really enjoying his job for the Flames and living out West. He is from Manitoba so I can see the attraction for him.

His work in CBJ doesn't hurt his resume either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

According to Aaron Portzline it's official and the Rangers will formally introduce JD on Wednesday, posted to The Athletic [paywall].