Page 65 of 99 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Im not don, but I'm from NY. I've never had a bad seat in the garden. I haven't been to a game in a while, but in the 200's I think you'll get a good view. If I remember correctly that level is pretty low around the nets but towards center ice it can climb all the way up
    Thanks roenick27, so if i'm looking at centre ice I need to try and keep the row low as well, good to know.

I'll drop you some rep for your help.

Anyone else with some MSG advice??
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Ace

Not that it's the same now but the "blue seats" we're above those, at least at the enboards and corners. I remember when I was younger those seats were great. The game was great but seeing the chief lead the chants and just the comraderie of talking hockey was fun. But I haven't been to a rags game in the garden in probably 10+ years.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
    Hey DP, how's your summer? As a Rangers fan do you know much about MSG?

The family and I are going to NY in October for the wifes 50th and amazingly the Rangers are playing the Flames the day we arrive (the trip was booked before the schedule came out so a total fluke), so now I am trying to secure some tickets for the game. Level 100 seems really pricey but 200 seems a bit better, or at least a price I can convince the wife to let me pay. How is the view from level 200, I don't want to be so high you cannot get a good view of the players and game.

Any help would be appreciated
    Hey mate, sounds like a great trip !

MSG had a huge upgrade and I haven't actually been there since it was completed

A good place to start on seating is https://www.msg.com/rangers-tickets as each seat has a view, but be warned they ain't cheap !

You can pick up single game seats very easily even on the night of the game in some instances

Send me an email/im and I can give you a list of places to eat/see/do that won't cost an arm and a leg
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

The NY post's Brett Cyrgalis

posted this story and his lines

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/ranger...-this-signing/

I don't agree with some of his choices but its grist for the mill in an otherwise lonely rangers board

Rangers Projected Lineup

Forwards

Chris Kreider-Mika Zibanejad-Pavel Buchnevich

Ryan Spooner-Filip Chytil-Mats Zuccarello

Vladislav Namestnikov-Lias Andersson-Ville Meskanen

Jimmy Vesey-Kevin Hayes-Jesper Fast

Extra: Cody McLeod

Defense

Brady Skjei-Kevin Shattenkirk

Marc Staal-Neal Pionk

Brendan Smith-Tony DeAngelo

Extra: Fredrik Claesson

Goalie

Henrik Lundqvist

Alexandar Georgeiv
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

He's that confident in Chytil's spot in the lineup?

Also, I'm really interested in Spooner as a player. I think he has the tools to be a 65pt player. That said, while I thought he took a big step forward after becoming a Ranger last year, the advanced stats explored in Dobber's guide suggest he was really lucky last year, with a rather elevated PDO. What's the thinking on him around these parts?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Its a very good question

So many factors involved to consider

Coach Quinn's style, he is also on record saying "NY is going to be a hard team to play against".

My personal view is that Spooner gets more PP time than Hayes will, then again he is probably competing for those minutes with Namestnikov. The quote when they acquired Namestnikov last year was that NY viewed him as a center, perhaps he gets pegged on the defensive side of the ledger this season ? Quinn is an unknown factor. I mean we could see Vesey getting some PP minutes as well.

I think it will make for a very interesting camp and first few weeks of the season.

Chytil was something like the youngest player in the AHL last season and still isn't 19 years old. The kid has tremendous upside, his speed and skill level is very impressive. I hope he centers the 2nd line and think its a waste to put him on the 3rd or even the 4th line. Better to send him to Hartford with top line time and let him continue to develop. NY has done this with quite a few of its players over the years and its worked out great for the most part. Management gives the player their marching orders on what he needs to focus on to make the team. The kid goes out and does it and makes the team somewhere around Thanksgiving or Christmas, or he just doesn't develop and stays in the AHL and gets moved to another team.

Lias Andersson is a much better fit on the checking line.

I see it more like this of but want to stress these are not the lines I want, but rather how I see Quinn shaking things up to open the season

Chris Kreider-Mika Zibanejad-Pavel Buchnevich

Jimmy Vesey - Ryan Spooner - Mats Zuccarello

Vladislav Namestnikov -Lias Andersson- Kevin Hayes

Jesper Fast- Boo Nieves - Ville Meskanen

Chytil starts the season in the AHL and plays with Howden, Lindqvist, Hajek, Day on the top PP line there

Both Zuc and Hayes are moved, with NY retaining salary to improve the return. That opens up some ice time for Meskanen and Lindqvist who both shoot right.

Dobber Sports Master

Nice feedback donpaulo thanks. On your last point, does Zucchini have a NMC or any control over his trade destination? I heard somewhere they tried to move him last year but it didn't work out or he didn't want to go... Is he that sure of a bet to get traded?

Also, I am not so sure Spooner is playing C.. I suppose if they are short of options ok, but I would want him on the wing. Perhaps a trade or two opens that up.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Nice feedback donpaulo thanks. On your last point, does Zucchini have a NMC or any control over his trade destination? I heard somewhere they tried to move him last year but it didn't work out or he didn't want to go... Is he that sure of a bet to get traded?

Also, I am not so sure Spooner is playing C.. I suppose if they are short of options ok, but I would want him on the wing. Perhaps a trade or two opens that up.
    So Zucarello took "less" money to stay in NY. He also has no control over where he goes.

I doubt they tried to move him last year, but perhaps other teams inquired about him which is where those rumors are coming from.

He is a great ranger and I think most fans would agree with that statement.

I think the only way he isn't moved is that he resigns with NY at even better terms.

In many ways he would be a fantastic captain for the NYR. He had a brain injury after being hit by a puck and couldn't speak for some time while in the hospital, yet he came back and hasn't changed his style much at all. In alot of ways he reminds of a great ranger in Mark Pavelich or perhaps a better known former Ranger in Theo Fleury.

However if he is moved, then my guess is he goes somewhere he "wants" to go. Places like SoCal, Vegas, San Jose come to mind as the weather is fantastic, they have competitive clubs and could use an upgrade for a playoff push.

NY gets some hate because of their former high spending ways and some in the press haven't moved on to the 21st century, yet NY has for the most part moved their players to teams that they wanted to go to. I say that with a grain of salt in that I doubt Dubinsky or Anisimov wanted to go to Columbus. Yet Callahan, McDonagh & Miller are very happy in Tampa. From what I read Nash liked Boston as did Nick Holden. Grabner was able to stay in the same house while playing for the Devils, Stepan enjoys the Arizona lifestyle and Brassard was very happy to go home to Ottawa.

Perhaps Spooner doesn't play center, but I think he plays there over Hayes who is most certainly gone.

Dobber Sports Stud

Lets take a closer look at the NYR salary cap situation going into camp

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

I've mentioned before that IMHO both Hayes and Zucarello are as good as gone. Ideally before the deadline as their ice time would be beneficial for the developing kids in the pipeline. Since NY has the cap flexibility to retain value I think this improves the return for the team. The team already has Tampa's 2nd round pick, that would become a first rounder if the Lightning win the cup. So I'm sure many Rangers fans will be cheering on Tampa who has quite a few former blueshirts on the roster.

Of the two I mentioned, this fan would prefer NY to keep Zuc on a shorter term contract and to name him captain. Mats is just a very good hockey player who never backs down to anyone, is fearless and plays a relatively clean game. He isn't called the Hobbit so often these days but his smaller stature is another reason he is a fan favorite. Hayes has had a decent run of it in NY and considering that he came "free" courtesy of Chicago being unable to sign him to a contract, then any return he can garner is a win for NY.

The cap situation also includes such players as Matt Beleskey and his 1.9 salary for the next 2 seasons. Do we see him play in the AHL again this upcoming season ? Hands up if anyone believes he starts in MSG.

The X factor is apparently that Brendan Smith wants a second chance at actually earning his contract. He came into camp as one of the 3 worst in shape players, along with Shattenkirk and Zibanejad. Does Smith actually make the roster ? Thats a boatload of salary at 4.35 megabucks for 3 more seasons. If he can play the way he did when he came over from the Wings after the deal, then I think he not only makes the team but becomes one of the leaders in the room if he wants to take that role on. If not then he can join Beleskey in Hartford and cash his James Dolan certified paychecks and look to teach the kids how to be a pro. NY will have a few promising younger players making their AHL rookie seasons shortly and the team could use a veteran to take a few of them under his wing.

If both Beleskey and Smith in the AHL thats a portion of the salary that gives NY even more wiggle room. Its roughly about 1 million per player as I understand the CBA. Perhaps someone can post the specifics or further elucidate on the savings.
    Capfriendly is showing 7.7 megabucks of cap space available

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/828273

Zuc earns 4.5 and Hayes will make 5.175, so thats almost another 10 megabucks out the door.

Dobber Sports Stud

The NY post is reporting that the Rangers phones are ringing.

Other teams are asking about the prospects.

My how times have changed

Dobber Sports Stud

Good piece in the Post today about the Rangers.

Gorton is on record saying NY views Andersson, Chytil & Howden as ALL centers. That is where they are going to play. So none of these kids is apparently going to move to wing, at least in this phase of the development plan. So Zibanejad and Hayes are a lock at pivot (again according to Gorton) so that leaves 2 spots and is it really in NY's best interest to have one of these "promising" kids play 4th line minutes ? I don't think so. So my hunch is that we see Andersson make the big club at 3rd line center while Chytil and Howden go to the AHL for top 6 minutes centering the top 2 lines.

Obviously Chytil could continue his man child development but remember that he was the youngest player in the AHL last season and still only has 1 years experience on the smaller north american rinks. I suppose the same thing could be said about Andersson as well, but I would speculate that Andersson was drafted as a plug him anywhere in the lineup kind of pivot which begins with shutting down the opposition, whereas Chytil was drafted to score goals. So this would predicate top line AHL minutes for Chytil with the understanding that if he does what management asks he will play NHL minutes this upcoming season, just not out of camp.

I see Holland being the 4th line center for opening night. Good enough size, wheels and knows his role with the team.

This means we are going to see Namestnikov, Spooner on the wing out of the gate.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/06/ranger...f-center-glut/

Dobber Sports Stud

Taking a closer look at the defensive situation for NY after the McQuaid deal.

On the left side not in any particular order
    Staal
    Skjei
    Smith
    Claesson
    Hajek
    O'gara
    Lindgren

On the right
    Shattenkirk
    Pionk
    Deangelo
    McQuaid

plus this years draft class or Miller(L), Lundkvist(R), Ragnarsson(L), Keane(R) & Gross(L)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interested to hear more about Lias Andersson and his potential for the upcoming season.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, so Andersson scored 2 big goals against the Devils. One was a nifty shortie too. I think this kind of performance is a lock for him to make the club. He was drafted as a swiss army knife style player and I think he has shown a variety of skills so far this preseason. What impressed me during the first game was his first 3 steps. He said he spent this offseason working on that and it was clear to see as every time he had the puck and space to skate, he put distance between himself and whomever was backchecking him. 3 strides and he was free and clear.
    If he is taking draws, striding to get back into the play (as coach Quinn has game planned) then the scoring is gravy. A lot to like with this player.

I think its going to boil down to how Quinn deploys Kevin Hayes.

Will he use him like AV did as a 3C ? or does coach bump him up to 2C minutes.

In my view he will, which means Andersson easily slides into the 3C roll. Plenty of defensive work, PK time with a liberal sprinkling of PP work as well.

The wildcard then is Chytil.

Drafted for offense he really scored a nifty goal against the Flyers last night. Split the D and beat the Flyers goalie of the future. However if Hayes is used at 2C, then that puts a major crimp in Chytil's ice time. Further I don't think NY is going to utilize Filip Chytil is a shutdown role as 3C.

So with that said this humble fans guess is we see
    Zibanejad 1C
    Hayes 2C
    Andersson 3C
    Holland 4C (Nieves has another concussion)

This means both Chytil and Howden go to the AHL and receive top 6 ice time. NY has done this with pro ready players a number of times over the past few seasons. Management gives them a clear indication of what they need to work on, and if they improve in those areas then a space will be made available for them on the big club.

I dislike the idea of
    Zib 1C
    Cytil 2C
    Hayes 3C
    Andersson 4C
    as its a waste of Andersson's talents in my view. Better to send Chytil who is just 19 years old back to the AHL for more development. After all he only has a season under his belt on North American ice.

Obviously this "analysis" does not factor in injuries.

Time will tell if I'm right or not

Dobber Sports Stud

Half decent piece in the Post today from Larry Brooks about the decisions for NY. While I don't agree with some of his conclusions he is spot on with his assessment of Vesey & Namestnikov.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/ranger...heir-top-nine/

They looked pretty good vs the Devils last night without Shattenkirk, Chytil, Namestnikov or Vesey. The devils top line was pretty much the reason the game went into overtime.

Very impressed with Pionk's game both last season and so far this preseason.