Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

So looking forward to camp this season

quite a few interesting battles
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lias f*cking Andersson, this kid is ready.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

I would love to see BOTH Boo and Lias make a great showing
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Recent update from Buchnevich courtesy of NHL and NYR news feed

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/ran...ch/c-290637566

really hoping he improved his overall core strength this offseason

Dobber Sports Stud

courtesy of NHL.com

a story about DeAngelo with some interesting quotes especially from AV

Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said

"I only saw him once last year but everything that I'm hearing, whether it be from our scouts, from [general manager Jeff Gorton], from people who I talked to that know him more like Newell Brown [Canucks assistant coach who was with Coyotes last season], who I'm real tight with, everybody seems to think this guy is legit and he's ready to take the next step," Vigneault said. "I have not talked to anyone who has told me differently. Everybody I speak to says the same thing, that he's going to help us as far as our quick north/south transition game, and that he's going to help on the power play. He knows this is his third team in a real quick span so he's got to make a name for himself. Everybody thinks he'll be able to get it done."

Another byproduct of playing in New York would be the chance for DeAngelo's family to see him play in person. He was born in Sewell, New Jersey.

"My family will be able to come to as many games as they want now," he said.

"My plan is to make the team on opening night and not look back," he said. "Just play the way I did when I had spurts last year when I was good enough to stay up. … So, I think if I play the way I can I be a full-time guy."

Dobber Sports Stud

NY Post going with the headline "Rangers a finalist on Kerfoot"

http://nypost.com/2017/08/21/rangers...e-perfect-fit/

Dobber Sports Stud

NY brings Brian Leetch and Brad Richards into the front office as hockey operations advisors

good news as its always great to see Leetch around the garden, Richards was no slouch either

http://nypost.com/2017/09/05/rangers...-front-office/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

How fortunate for yet another NHL team that the best possible people suited for those roles just "happened" to play for the club previously. What luck.

Dobber Sports Stud

you are going to win a lot more debates with honey than vinegar mate

what is your point ?

That other teams don't have good quality people suited for those jobs ?

sounds like broken thinking to me

That there's likely better people suited for the jobs than former players put in as PR moves. That would be the point.

How many former players have even adequately performed hockey ops jobs? Yzerman and Hextall. That's basically the whole list and they pretty much worked up from scratch as opposed to just being handed jobs.

Dobber Sports Stud

So the argument is still broken.

seriously mate, google up Al Arbor. Go ahead I'll wait...

Because previous players haven't "adequately performed" then future players are also going to perform to the same standard.

By this standard Columbus doesn't sail across the great ocean. Gee past explorers weren't able to do that... pfft sorry buddy your barking up the wrong tree.

Are there non players who can perform the job adequately ? sure but there is no magic sauce that somehow ensures a team hired the right guy to do the job either.

Brian Leetch was a heck of a hockey player and is well loved by the loyal fans at MSG. Having him around under contract is IMHO better than letting another team pay him for his "services".

If you want witty banter or to troll thats fine, but wow are you on a bender on this thread

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    How many former players have even adequately performed hockey ops jobs? Yzerman and Hextall. That's basically the whole list and they pretty much worked up from scratch as opposed to just being handed jobs.
    Without doing much looking, I can also name Glen Sather, Craig Patrick and Ken Holland off the top of my head as former players who have had pretty successful careers in management.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Without doing much looking, I can also name Glen Sather, Craig Patrick and Ken Holland off the top of my head as former players who have had pretty successful careers in management.
    thanks Axe, I was holding them like poker chips for the inevitable counter post

as long as we are mentioning names I think Pat Quinn deserves a nod as well as

Dale Tallon & Marc Crawford

Lol.

Criticize move = troll. Got it.

Thin-skinned much?

The difference from the players you're naming and the current moves NHL teams are making is those guys learned and worked their way up to jobs they performed well in, as opposed to just being handed jobs with no experience just because.

You're making a lot of really terrible counter-arguments with basically no relevance. Yes I can definitely see how Christopher Columbus has bearing on this topic. Maybe you're trolling? I think you're trolling. Notmally the first response of people who are defensive and start trolling is to call the other person a troll just for making, you know, relevant points.