Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What's you opinion on Grachev? Is he still a decent prospect?
    I really dont see what the hype is for in the first place...
    He played on Brampton and posted incredible numbers...playing with Duchene and Hodgson! I think he was just a benefactor of his surroundings as at the Professional level he hasnt proved anything.

But...sometimes it takes players a little longer to get used to the new-fast paced pro game so I wouldn't quite count him out yet. He's a big guy so once hes able to use his size and improve his skating he could slide onto a great roster spot due to the Rangers yearly lack of depth.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Injury Updates and Notes

-I'll be heading to the game tonight in Ottawa so I'll have some in-depth analysis for tonight

Injury Update
    -Torts also says expectation is Prospal will return after Christmas sometime and that Chris Drury will be re-examined on Sunday
    -Today was Prospals first day skating with the team (non-contact jersey)

News and Notes on Tonights Game

-Torts says that Michael Del Zotto will be healthy scratch tonight and that Matt Gilroy will take his spot

I don't think its because of Del Zotto's defensive play as he hasnt been that bad lately, its moreso trying to get Gilroy in the lineup incase an injury occurs (gotta keep his legs ready)

-Lines the same as practice yesterday: Fedotenko-Stepan-Gaborik, Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan, Frolov-Boyle-Prust, Avery-Christensen-Boogaard.
    -Lundqvist will start for the Rangers, Elliott for the Senators
    -Rangers hope to rebound off of Sundays loss to the Sens and hopefully will play 3 periods tonight instead of 2 like last game.
    -Kovalev will play 4th line tonight due to his inconsistent play

Dobber Sports Veteran

Damn sorry for those who read the team coverage...I went away for a few days and just got back...would have loved to see what was wrong with the Caps tonight!

I'll be back giving Ranger updates tomorrow morning! The boys in the Blue 5th in the east! Woooo!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Drury Injury Update!

Torts says after game that NYR captain Chris Drury has been cleared by doctors to play and should be in lineup on Wednesday in Pittsburgh.

This is only going to hurt the ice time of Brian Boyle. I'm still optimistic that he'll hit 35 points but without Drury I'd say he could hit 35 no question.

This will help the PK and the team will win much more draws - meaning great help for Henrik and his GAA.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Dec 14 - Practice Lines and notes

Per Andrew Gross

Either Todd White or Erik Christensen will be a healthy scratch as Tortorella wants to keep his lines intact otherwise. Tortorella said it didn’t matter whether Drury played wing or center in terms of who gets scratched since Drury, White and Christensen can each play both. Drury is also expected to be inserted on the PK. He will also take faceoffs.

Ruslan Fedotenko-Derek Stepan-Marian Gaborik
    Brandon Dubinsky-Artem Anisimov-Ryan Callahan
    Alex Frolov-Brian Boyle-Brandon Prust
    Sean Avery-Erik Christensen-Chris Drury/Todd White

Larry Brooks
    Sather: The New York Rangers have NOT told Tim Kennedy or agent they would put him on re-entry for trade. "Not a chance" GM tells Post.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Injury Update: Callahan and Some Game Notes

Injury Update on Callahan
    -Callahan X-rayed at arena tonight, will be re-examined tomorrow by Rangers doctors. Six weeks just the initial prognosis. Break is on top of Callahan's left hand.

Game Notes

-The team is finding a way to score every game...one thing I remember from the 05-06 Rangers who were playing phenomenal up until Jagr was hurt in the olympics.
    -Brian Boy Toy Boyle is finding a way to put that puck in the net. I still think he'll finish close to 35 points this year...depth on an average team always finds a way to fade...
    -Anisimov scored an incredible goal (found below). He seems to score tonnes of goals like this...shows bursts of strength and great hand eye...but other plays hes the target of bone-jarring hits...once the pounds come, he'll be a solid 2nd liner (and on the PK).
    -Drury looked just like the Drury from last year - Heart and soul and never afraid to block a shot. Also, he saw 1:11 on the PP last night.
    -Christensen plays only 7:41...how many headaches is he causing deep fantasy leagues? Its not that hes not talented...hes just not consistent and with the variety of options for production from this young Ranger team - if hes off for a game then someone will step up and fill in. 1/4 of Christensens ice time came on PP.
    -The slight dip in Stepans ice time was courtesy of the return of Chris Drury (taking his PK time). Although, the injury to Callahan seemed to still not give him much time on the PK.
    -Girardi's days on the PP are numbered after not being able to produce game after game...very unfortunate (fantasy-wise) but hes more of a PK and 5 of 5 defender. Noone blocks shots like Danny G.
    -What did Frolov do to earn the extra time on ice? A few great hits and played his role...I hope he keeps it up cause hes finally buying in.
    -Read Angus' ramblings today - lots of Rangers talk! Great Staal/Girardi appreciation.
    -Also some lovin for the King

Artys goal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScBL_fWllGI

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default New Callahan Prognosis and Tonight's Game

Callahan

-Steve Zipay
    --New estimate on Cally: 6 to 8 weeks

Biron will start tonight with what Torts calls a 'no-brainer' decision.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default New Lines

With the injury of Callahan, the lines today against the Flyers have been jumbled a bit:

Stepan moves to left of Christensen & Gaborik; Frolov is on right of Dubinsky & Anisimov; Fedotenko is back with Boyle & Prust; and Drury is in middle of Avery & Weise

I've noticed a huge pickup in Frolovs play so this line should be able to have some secondary impact today. I just hope Christensen can keep up with Gaborik today after playing some weak time last game.

Lundqvist will start.

White/Boogaard (injured)/Gilroy the scratches.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default A few Updates..

Not much to report from the Ranger front after taking a beating 4-1 by the Flyers on Saturday...I bet its still eating at the players today...

-Vinny Prospal returned to practice and Torts thinks he'll be back Mid-January. He's still wearing the non-contact jersey.
    -Boogaard suffered a set-back but not necessarily his shoulder. 'Tortorella explained that while working out off-ice and rehabbing his injured shoulder in recent days Boogaard has been experiencing headaches.'
    -Uncertain if DZ or Gilroy will sit out against the Lightning tomorrow.
    -The lines last practice (yesterday) - Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik, Frolov-Anisimov-Drury, Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust, Avery-Christensen-White.

I'm sure plenty more updates will happen on gameday tomorrow. Happy Holidays all!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Dec 22 - Some Updates!

Del Zotto (flu) and Gaborik (GROIN!!)
    -Will not play tomorrow according to Steve Zipay
    Boogaard
    -Also wont play as he keeps getting headaches (to see a neurologist)
    Prospal
    -Replaced Gaborik in practice but says "I am nowhere near where I need to be"; just starting final leg of return
    MZA
    -to make NHL debut.

Dubinsky-Stepan-Fedotenko, Avery-Anisimov-Drury, Frolov-Boyle-Prust, Prospal-Christensen-White.

-One would think MZA will just replace Prospal on the 4th line. With all lines scoring it isn't the worst spot for him. (The 3rd line is more of a checking line).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Dec 23 - A few Pre-Game Notes

-Mats Zuccarello in his NHL debut tonight will skate on line with Brandon Dubinsky & Derek Stepan
    -John Tortorella expects Marian Gaborik to play against isles on Monday (received accupunture today)
    -Rest of Lines according to Steve Zipay: Frolov-Anisimov-Drury; Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust; Avery-Christensen-White
    -Defense: Staal-Girardi, Rozsival-Eminger, Sauer-DelZotto/Gilroy
    -DZ feels better today (didn't get much sleep last night he said on his twitter so we'll see how he does tonight). Zipay reporting DZ to play and Gross reporting Gilroy will play...if I was a betting man I'd say Gilroy will go.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was very reluctant to drop Callahan on December 4th to pick up Chris Stewart from WW. At the time I have Dubinsky, Callahan, and Girardi. When they were good, they were great for fantasy, but I had too many nights of 3 negatives in +/-. I hated to drop Callahan, but wow did that end up working out for me. It is always nice when something you might regret works out in your favor! Callahan is a FA again in my league now with his new injury, so hopefully he is a future prospect once he comes back. I will stayed tuned to make sure if I need to grab him, I get him before he is fully back so no one else can snatch him up! Look forward to Cally updates! Thanks.
    Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    I was very reluctant to drop Callahan on December 4th to pick up Chris Stewart from WW. At the time I have Dubinsky, Callahan, and Girardi. When they were good, they were great for fantasy, but I had too many nights of 3 negatives in +/-. I hated to drop Callahan, but wow did that end up working out for me. It is always nice when something you might regret works out in your favor! Callahan is a FA again in my league now with his new injury, so hopefully he is a future prospect once he comes back. I will stayed tuned to make sure if I need to grab him, I get him before he is fully back so no one else can snatch him up! Look forward to Cally updates! Thanks.
    Lol I'll forsure update anything I see on Cally along with Prospal!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Dec 26 - Line Updates and some MZA/MDZ News

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

-Great news for MZA owners...hes playing for the Whale today and will be in the lineup tomorrow for the Rangers. Torts already has high praise for him and deservingly so. It seemed like every time he was on the ice he was making a huge impact with some very creative passes and the ability to calm the puck and play down. Hes very composed and its not like hes coming out of the AHL or juniors he played with some big guys in Sweden (capturing the MVP) and is able to take a hit. He's tiny but that didnt make a difference in his first game. He even went face-to-face with Hedman (not saying a word though ahha). If he keeps playing like he did in his first game I can't see how they can keep him out of the lineup (cause hes clearly ready and capable with 22pts in last 20 in AHL).
    Torts said this about Zuccarello: "He ups our talent level..he made some plays (Thursday) that other guys would not even have thought about"
    MZA also has an assist today for the Whale in the 2nd period.

-Michael Del Zotto reports that he is over the flu and is hoping to play tomorrow; says he felt a bit weak and winded during practice
    MDZ is healthy but will not be in the lineup tomorrow as Torts liked what he saw of Gilroy. If Gilroy ever learns the opportune times to jump into plays and not just jump in when he feels like it he could be a solid productive NHL d-man. MDZ like Gilroy is still learning but I (like many other Ranger fans) expect to see MDZ in the lineup for most of the rest of the season and the points should come. He's making plays lately but the plays are resulting in hitting the post or a fanned shot by another Ranger so he doesn't end up with the assists.

-Torts on Gaborik: "It's important that we get Gaby back in and feeling good about himself...we want him to be confident"
    Marian Gaborik says groin had been bothering him for a "couple of games."
    Just about anyone watching the last few games for the Rangers could see Gaborik was not playing at 100%. He wasn't making the plays or showing his bursts of speed that we're used to. Hopefully he only steps into the lineup if hes playing at his full potential. Because with a guy eating up 20+ mins a night and not playing well means nowdays that the team doesnt have a good game.

Lines:

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik Frolov-Anisimov-Drury Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust Avery-Christensen-White

My guess is that White will be the healthy scratch next game for MZA. Would love to see Gabby play with MZA though with his creativity.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Right here is an update on Vinny Prospals status:
    http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

I think we'll be waiting quite a while for him...seems like it'll go at least into Februrary.