Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Pro

littleR whats your take on Marc Staal? How long before he's relevant in fantasy hockey? Seems to me from watching the Rags he is joining the rush a lot more, shooting more, and getting 2nd PP time.

I already own Eric and Jordan, who wouldnt want all 3!
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    littleR whats your take on Marc Staal? How long before he's relevant in fantasy hockey? Seems to me from watching the Rags he is joining the rush a lot more, shooting more, and getting 2nd PP time.

I already own Eric and Jordan, who wouldnt want all 3!
    Haha it would be amazing if he could bring the offensive side of his game to the levels of Jordan and especially Eric :P

Like you said and I mentioned in a few of the game reports, Staal is adding another dimension to his game. Before he was solely focused on D but now he is starting to step up and discover the offensive zone as I've seen him numerous times behind the opposing teams net trying to spark the offense. I think he'll be good for around 30 pts this year but I wouldnt look for much more.

Like I said about a few of the forwards, the problem is the Rangers like to bury their own players on the depth charts into checking roles or defensive roles...and then buy the top line elsewhere. I could see in the future them going after a more stable offensive minded D than say Del Zotto and that'll keep Staal around the 30 point mark. It'll be a couple years til he reaches 40 pts if hes able to make that leap.
    Last edited by littleranger; November 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Chris Drury Update

Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Chris Drury was hoping to return this weekend or early next week, but that will be delayed as his CT-scan on this broken finger showed it hasn’t completely healed yet.

Anyone in leagues of blocked shots they'll have to wait longer for the stud.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Some Lines combos and News for Isles home and home!

Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan, Avery-Christensen-Gaborik, Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko, Frolov-Anisimov-White/Boogaard.

Torts says Sean Avery will play on top line with Gaborik/Christensen tomorrow: "Sean has played well...been very effective"

Andrew Gross - Tortorella says he'll announce tomorrow which goalie starts. Henrik Lundqvist says it's a "good bet" he'll play at least one vs. Islanders.

Messier practiced faceoffs with the Blueshirts today. (Rangers sit in 29th in faceoff %)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Multiple sources say Biron will start tonight against the Islanders in the first game of the b2b.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post-Game Dec 2. - Rangers 6 @ Islanders 5

Lundqvist
    -Torts confirms Lundqvist will start tonight.
    -Last night just 6th time in Lundqvist's career he has entered in relief and 3d time in last 5 yrs after replacing Weekes 3 times in 05/06.

Avery-Christensen-Gaborik
    -Gaborik (3+1), Avery (0+3), Christensen (1+1)
    -The line looked incredible last night...Avery was the dishmaster on many occasions and I expect them to stick together for a minimum of 3 or 4 more games. Which means...pick up Avery for some pims and points for the short term!
    -"Sean was given an opportunity [to play with Gaborik] and certainly seized it," Tortorella said. "I thought Sean did a great job of forechecking and keeping the puck, and that Erik and Gabby followed by grinding."
    -Avery at it again:
    "P.A. (Parenteau) skated by the bench and basically mocked us," Avery, who created the winner on the next shift, told The Post. "It was the wrong move for a guy like that.
    "He's never going to get himself into a club in the city after I send out e-mails."

Frolov
    -Played a season low 8:09 last night. As I mentioned last week, Frolov has been nothing short of horrendous for the Rangers. He is not the dynamic/creative player he was touted to be in LA...if he keeps this up, KHLKHLKHL. Sometimes when I watch the game I think of all the players on the team in my head trying to remember whos done what during the game...I often forget who the 12th forward is (Frolov).

Stepan
    -Stepan still brought it last night in a slightly diminished role playing on a line with Dubi and Cally. He played the last minute of the game when it was a 6 on 5 for the Isles (with a pulled DP) and did not look out of place. I think he'll progress into a more offensive/less grinder version of Callahan.

Sauer
    -He tries to fight someone EVERY single game and tries to bring some energy. I don't understand his role but hes a +8 this season somehow.

Del Zotto
    -Lately I have been saying DZ hasn't looked that great offensively (obviously check the point totals) but last night I noticed him a lot more and the points should start rolling in. I don't think he'll match his 37 pts last season but he should get pretty close.

Gaborik
    -Really elevated his game last night with 3 goals and an assist. His goals came from in front of the net showing that he'll do anything to make a difference. When a player is slumping, you have to change your regular pattern (shootin from the dot, tryin to go around defenders, etc.) and Marian did just that. I hope he'll do the same tonight.

As usual, whenever I find an update it'll be here within a few minutes...so keep tuning in!

Dobber Sports Veteran

For those in need of PIMs, heres a Prust update:
    If Brandon Prust (sore left arm) can't play, Todd White will.

That being said...dont expect a fight out of Prust if he does play tonight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Injury Update: Drury/Prospal

Vinny Prospal (right knee) has resumed skating. Tortorella said he's encouraged with him and Chris Drury (finger) who can pass, not shoot.

Other reports indicate Prospals knee is still weak so it'll be a while. If I were a doctor I'd say Prospal (3-4 weeks) and Drury (2-3 weeks).

Dobber Sports Pro

How bout that dive by Avery at the end of tonights game to draw the penalty on Roloson. Poor Roli almost killed the refs after the game.
    I still cant hate Avery tho, no matter all the great reasons too.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    How bout that dive by Avery at the end of tonights game to draw the penalty on Roloson. Poor Roli almost killed the refs after the game.
    I still cant hate Avery tho, no matter all the great reasons too.
    Damn I missed the second and third last night Just saw the highlights...it seemed as if Roloson kept them in the game...he made quite a few HUGE saves.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Dec 5 - Few Notes

-Torts also indicates team needs a No. 1 center, says #NYR "do it by committee" right now; does says team is "going in the right direction
    --Brad Richards being talked about obviously

-Lundqvist will start today in goal against the Senators
    -The lines will remain the same, White/Gilroy scratches
    -Rangers will be wearing the hertiage jerseys, 0-1 when wearing them (lost to B's)
    -Denis Potvin will be comentating for the Senators - expect to hear POTVIN SUCKS! if you're watching this afternoon

I'll give a few notes after the game.
    Last edited by littleranger; December 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default News and Notes

Notes on Senators @ Rangers

-Rangers came out flat and slightly picked it up throughout the game.
    -The powerplay was switched up rolling Gaborik-Christensen-Callahan with Stepan and Staal on the points.
    -Frolov saw just over 8 minutes again. He's still 56% owned on Yahoo! Shows how many people don't/can't update there teams throughout the season
    -Stepan looks like a veteran out there lately. I still say he'll get 50-55 points.
    -They still stuck with Avery on the top line even though they weren't producing. Like I said a 3 or 4 game tryout for Avery then he'll be replaced. Possibly MZA?
    -Roszival played 21 minutes and I can't say I heard his name a whole lot - that makes it a good game for Rozy
    -Anisimov is playing 12 minutes a night and its simply because he didn't condition himself too well in the offseason. Hes 6ft3 190 pounds he gets tossed around and hit hard...he should be the one delivering the hits! The only way he'll be able to become a 60+ point player is if he trains hard in the offseason and bulks up
    -Prust with 3 goals in 6 games and 2 goals in 3 games since he injured his shoulder. It would be incredible for the Rangers if he could get 25 points this year.

-Leclaire wasn't exactly a gamechanger even though he went 25 for 26. It was moreso the Rangers missing the net on huge opportunities.
    -Alfy as mentioned in the Sens thread has lost a step. The days of 70+ points look to be over for the Captain.

-Russo reports Todd White available on waivers again.
    Last edited by littleranger; December 6, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Frolov, unhappy with ice time, has private conversation with Tortorella

Frolov, unhappy with ice time, has private conversation with Tortorella

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...-with-ice-time

Uhoh...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Todays Lines, Notes

Gaborik with Stepan & Fedotenko, Avery with Boyle & Prust, Christensen with White/Boogaard & Frolov, Callahan with Dubinsky & Anisimov

Anisimov back to 2nd line duties - should help his game although Drury has been practicing in and out with those 3...so perhaps in a week or 2 with Drurys return, Anisimov will be the odd man out.

Drury is taking part in todays practice.

Bourque/Kreider make list for Team USA at upcoming World Juniors - expected to make the team again.

Banned

What's you opinion on Grachev? Is he still a decent prospect?