Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Pro

littleranger whats your take on Dubinsky and Callahans upside? Can both of them hit 60pts this year or is that expecting too much offense from the Rangers; considering Gaborik should be at his usual PPG pace.

Seems every time I hear Tortorella talk about his team he praises those 2, have they taken the next step? or was this just a hot start?
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    littleranger whats your take on Dubinsky and Callahans upside? Can both of them hit 60pts this year or is that expecting too much offense from the Rangers; considering Gaborik should be at his usual PPG pace.

Seems every time I hear Tortorella talk about his team he praises those 2, have they taken the next step? or was this just a hot start?
    Dubinsky - As I just posted I think Dubinsky should be around 55-60 pts this year. 60 isn't out of reach. He'll be used in a secondary role once Prospal is back due to Tort's favourtism of the Gaborik-Prospal duo. But, towards the end of last season Gabby and Prospal were split up...so that could leave a hole for Dubi. Dubi is just a hard working-never take a shift off player. I must say that Dubinsky is playing a lot better offensively compared to his past and I would not be surprised if he reached 30 goals (thats a lot of optimism!).

Callahan - This guy is a Torts favourite simply because every shift he gets at least one hit, one shot on goal or one blocked shot. Simply put: he's noticeable on every shift. The problem with Callahan is that he'll always be behind Gaborik or the next superstar that comes to NY on the depth chart. He's more of a PK guy with not much of a scoring touch. I can't count how many opportunities he's missed this season. For Cally, I'd expect around a 50 pt season with 20 goals. Another thing is that the Rangers are almost cash strapped after spending on superstars so the 2nd line is always either prospects or try-out over-the-hill vets (no offense Fedotenko hes been playing well).

Hope that answers your question! Thanks for checking out the Rangers thread!
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

I keep reading today that the Flames have Sean Avery to thank for their win! Way to go Sean! Stirring up some contraversy when hes not even in the game!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Rozy Update

Nov 25th: Torts says Todd White is back in lineup and Derek Boogaard will sit out tonight; Michal Rozsival will not return to lineup tonight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Rangers 3 @ Florida 0 - Nov 26

Lundqvist has looked solid this evening. He's been playing square to the puck on every shot and his feet seem a lot steadier than the Lightning game.

Frolov and Anisimov have been nonexistent this evening. I can't say I have heard either's name more than once. In a 3-0 game you could visibly see Torts angered at Frolov's play...he reamed him out pretty good after one of his shifts.

Like I mentioned in posts prior, Staal is playing with a lot more physical and offensive presence than years past. I will be the first to say: Staal AND Girardi will outpoint DZ this season.

For the first time as a Ranger, Gaborik is seeing PK time. He seems to be trying to do it all himself and has had plenty of turnovers lately. Gaborik also hit the post on a breakaway...it's just that kid of slump.

Derek Stepan is having another impressive outing extending his point streak to six games. He has tremendous hands and is very strong on and off the puck. He drew the penalty on Kulikov and then used some hand eye to score his goal.

Fedotenko-Boyle-Callahan is the best energy line I have ever seen for the Rangers. They can hit and they can create scoring chances.

The Rangers first PP consisted of Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik up front with Del Zotto and Girardi on the points.

Matthias has really impressed me tonight. He has great breakout speed and a decent shot. Time to get him back on your radars.

The Panthers roll with 4 forwards on the PP. Booth-Santorelli-Stillman with Weiss-Wideman on the points. No Mccabe.

Florida also pulled their goalie with around 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Should be good for Stammer 6 times a year...

Attendance for the game was 17,013...pretty good if you ask me for Florida!

Booth hasn't scored in 10 games.
    Last edited by littleranger; November 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes!

Nov 27th:
    Zipay: Torts confirms that Michal Rozsival returns to lineup tonight; however NYR will dress 7 defensemen bc Marian Gaborik is ill and won't play. Boogaard also wont play due to a sore shoulder. Lundqvist to start 3 consec. game.
    Last edited by littleranger; November 27, 2010 at 6:26 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No game report for the Rangers @ Preds due to a long days work...but if anyone has any questions on players on either team tonight let me know!

Staal plays nearly 28 minutes and the team rolled 7 D...shows where Gilroy is going to be next game.

I'd be extremely worried if I was a Frolov owner. The guy is reminding me of Prucha in his 2nd year as a Ranger...just inconsistent and trying anything to get him going...but nothing seems to work.

Sergei Kostitsyn and Alex Frolov will probably be on the same flight to Russia following this season.

Lundqvist is obviously back on his game. Put the panic button away ladies and gentlemen.

Dubinsky was a force again...he played huge PP time and I expect him to be one of the Rangers top producers for the next few years...until they sign a high priced free agent of course

Avery and Tootoo had a great fight...2 pests showing what they got : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCBhvkLYa4

Noone on Nashville really stood out this evening aside from Rinne...nothing out of the usual.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Gaborik set to return

Marian Gaborik is expected to be back in the lineup Monday after missing Saturday's contest with the flu.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Gaborik Update! And some more notes

The prior post is from ESPN...thanks ESPN! :|

Brooksie
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...G3TnDBmuvkQFjJ

Steve Zipay
    Gaborik: "If I won't be able to perform in terms of helping, I don't think it's worth it." Translation: Barring amazing recovery....out.
    Lundqvist will man the net tonight.

Andrew Gross
    Michal Rozsival says he'll need to monitor shoulder strain/right knee all season. "I don't want to take a chance of it coming back."
    Derek Boogaard still out with shoulder injury.

The Magnificent One

might be too early to tell but does lundy get all 4 starts this week or does he get a rest on the second to b2b this week with NYI?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    might be too early to tell but does lundy get all 4 starts this week or does he get a rest on the second to b2b this week with NYI?
    With how horrid the Isles have been I can almost guarantee he'll sit 1 of the 2 games. Also, you can't sit Biron much longer with how well he is playing...can’t let him build any rust. There is no point in getting a starter tired and possibly ruining his confidence if he loses the 2nd game in the b2b to the worst team in the league.

He’s guaranteed 3 starts this week though. (Monday-Sunday)

Dobber Sports Ace

What can you tell me about DelZotto this year? Is there a reason why he's not producing more? Every game I watch he seems to be playing well offensively, it just seems like he can't get on the score sheet. Thanks!
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    What can you tell me about DelZotto this year? Is there a reason why he's not producing more? Every game I watch he seems to be playing well offensively, it just seems like he can't get on the score sheet. Thanks!
    Let me first say...I do not think DZ is NHL ready (which sounds weird considering how well he played offensively last season). He's not responisble on D and I think that is one of the reasons for an offensive downfall so far this season. He's trying to be more responsible on D and is taking this job way more serious (training with Gary Roberts in off-season was huge). He's a lot stronger on the puck in the corners and his D seems a little smarter.

With this being said, he doesn't go for the home run passes and the unsafe plays anymore. I bet he's looking at his minus 20 last season and realizing that those numbers wont cut it in the NHL and he will not develop into a solid NHL D-man if he is putting up minuses left right and center.

The points will eventually come when Gaborik is healthy on the PP nightly and when he finds more balance in his game. I (as well as many others) think hes taking the right strides to becoming an elite offensive d-man in the NHL.

PS - It's not his fault for not being reliable on D considering he was thrown into the fire at age 18 when on any other team they probably would have kept him in the system (but look at the Ranger D).

Dobber Sports Veteran

WOW! Another Gaborik report...looks like hes in tonight!

A.Gross - Looks like Marian Gaborik's in, skating on a line with C Erik Christensen and Ruslan Fedotenko.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Lines for Nov 29th!

Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan, Fedotenko-Christensen-Gaborik, Frolov-Boyle-Prust, Avery-Anisimov-White.

Anisimov to the 4th line is probably the most notable change...its not like its that bad of an offensive line though.