Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    He should be good for around 25-30 assists this year but won't offer much in any other category. He has a decent shot and is really smart when to use it, but more often than not, he'll run the puck deep along the boards instead of on net.
    Thanks littleranger
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Superstar

Just got worn out waiting for Seabrook and swapped him for MDZ. What do you think of his prospects? He seems to be getting a lot of time on the PP.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Just got worn out waiting for Seabrook and swapped him for MDZ. What do you think of his prospects? He seems to be getting a lot of time on the PP.
    He is getting a boatload of time and playing pretty well. The problem as I've mentioned is that Stralman has been signed by the Rangers and will likely get a huge leash to get the PP going. I'm thinking it will be him and Richards on the points but its definently something to keep an eye on. He's likely going to play his first game next week and tomorrow is his first practice with the team.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    He is getting a boatload of time and playing pretty well. The problem as I've mentioned is that Stralman has been signed by the Rangers and will likely get a huge leash to get the PP going. I'm thinking it will be him and Richards on the points but its definently something to keep an eye on. He's likely going to play his first game next week and tomorrow is his first practice with the team.
    Why is it that you feel that way, exactly? I don't remember Stralman being a PP super-hero. Is that what the team is saying?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Why is it that you feel that way, exactly? I don't remember Stralman being a PP super-hero. Is that what the team is saying?
    The PP is sitting at 23rd in the league at 13.6% so I doubt they are content on the way its operating. Stralman is 2 years removed from 4G18A on the PP so I do believe he will get an immediate crack on the top PP when he arrives. The positive for DZ is that he has 3PPA in the last seven games and five points in his last seven. I'm not sure how it will shake out but I would put my early money on Stralman playing more PP time than DZ for at least the next month or two.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wouldn't you think that some of the Rangers funk this season might have been that they went almost the entire first month w/o a home game?

They seem to be playing quite a bit better now that they're getting some home games. Are you sure this is just a personnel issue?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wouldn't you think that some of the Rangers funk this season might have been that they went almost the entire first month w/o a home game?

They seem to be playing quite a bit better now that they're getting some home games. Are you sure this is just a personnel issue?
    Thats played a big part in the funk I would have to say. Going to Europe, coming back to play at the Nassau Colliseum and then out west must have been brutal for the players. I also think that the addition of Richards played a big-time part in the early season struggles. It seemed like the team was relying on him far too much in terms of the powerplay and then 5 on 5 he seemed like he was almost trying to do too much to get the fans behind him. He's looking a lot more comfortable out there along with a few other guys and the goals should start coming in.

The game against the Sens really woke them up as they have been playing hard on every shift and every guy is learning the role. DZ getting kicked off the PP is not his fault. He's learning from square one as hes building his game from the defensive end first. I just think that they'll give Stralman a chance just to try to get a big spark from the special teams.

Dobber Sports Superstar

So do you think Torts is going to scale DZ back? I remember that happened before, but I thought it was because of defensive lapses on DZ's part, IIRC.

But now he's a +6, I think?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

So do you think Torts is going to scale DZ back? I remember that happened before, but I thought it was because of defensive lapses on DZ's part, IIRC.

But now he's a +6, I think?
    I think DZ is playing a solid game but right now its just a numbers game. The PP wasn't producing all that well so they brought in Stralman to fix it. The PP is 3 for its last 19 which isn't that bad but isn't great. I think he'll still play around 22-24 minutes a night just that more of it will be 5 on 5 or shorthanded. This is all pending if Stralman is 'the answer' on the PP. If Stralman struggles then DZ will be back on that PP and will only improve. I believe if he continues to play as he has this season, he will be a 43-50 point option next season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post-Game: 3 Rangers @ 2 Senators

Went to the game last night and here are some points to note...

-Richards started the night with the line of Dubinsky/Callahan, but ended the night with Dubinsky and Prust. Dubinsky/Calahan didn't look too great last night although, Callahan was doing all the little things, Dubinsky looked like he took a step back in a game from last week. Hopefully just a bad night. Still zero goals for the Anchorage, Alaska native.
    -Obviously, a fantastic game by the Stepan/Anisimov/Gaborik. That was the only line that stuck together from beginning to end last night. A couple mistakes by the Sens resulted in there goals but they were good enough to capitalize.
    -Stepan is really reminding me of a younger Chris Drury. Every night and every shift he brings it whether it be a hit, blocked shot, shooting or setting someone up. It's hard to keep this kid off the ice the way he's been playing.
    -Funny how quickly Torts puts someone in the dog house and then puts them on the top line. Anisimov a couple of weeks ago started off a game on a line with Christensen and Deveaux, now hes playing with Marian Gaborik. It's so hard to be a fantasy owner of a Ranger when its not Richards/Gaborik/Lundqvist.
    -Eminger and Woywitka again didn't look great. These guys are combining to make quite the human highlight reels...but on the receiving end. Stralman will take one of them out next week.
    -Del Zotto played really well last night. As I've wrote all over this forum, Stralman will get a shot at the PP when he arrives. Not that MDZ deserves to be kicked off, it's just about trying something new to spark the team.

--------------------------------

The Rangers next game is on Friday at home against the Hurricanes. Ward will get the start.

The Rangers only have three games in the next 12 days.

Administrator

I posted a thread (http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...122#post826972) asking for opinions on Pavel Valentenko. Does anyone here have some insight into his outlook?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey Eric, I answered your question in the other thread.

From Larry Brooks:
    A news blackout has been imposed regarding Marc’s condition, but The Post has learned the 24-year-old defenseman will be examined next week in Boston by concussion spe******t Dr. Robert Cantu.

The examination, sources have told The Post, will follow a one-month “shutdown” period ordered by Cantu when Staal visited him during the week of Oct. 16 while the Rangers were in western Canada.

Eric Staal will be playing tonight against the Rangers. Could be a doozy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post-Game: 1 Hurricanes @ 5 Rangers

Another great game by the Rangers which was just ripped open in the third period. The Hurricanes managed to get thirty shots on target but most were all low percentage point shots.

-A strong effort by Sean Avery drawing a couple of penalties and an absolute beauty snipe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym6TowV0riU
    Still didn't get much praise from Torts though but did play over 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the highlight of the night player who offers quite a bit for multi-cat leagues.
    -The powerplay moved the puck around very well all night but still didn't do too well. The goal they scored on the extra man was right after a Ranger got out of the box to make it 5 on 4.
    -Gaborik had seven shots on goal and most of them were in fairly good position. If he keeps playing with this spark, it should be a career year for him. He just has to keep having the no-quit attitude he's had the last few games.
    -I'm going to have to change my Girardi projection. I had him around 30 points but I think he'll be able to get around 35. He was held off the all-star list which angered a few Ranger fans and writers, but if anyone on the team has earned to be on it, it's him. I would say he's the second most valuable player on the Rangers next to Lundqvist.
    -Dubinsky finally got the monkey off his back scoring his first of the year. Here they come!
    -Seems as if Stralman will be drawing in on Tuesday against the Islanders for his Rangers debut.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The lines at todays practice:
    Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
    Boyle-Dubinsky-Callahan
    Fedotenko-Richards-Avery
    Deveaux-Christensen-Prust

It does not look like Stralman will be in for tomorrow due to conditioning and adjusting to the system.
    Despite Richards lining up on the third line, I still expect to see him play 17+ minutes tomorrow.
    Dubinsky will not be rotating between center and left wing...he will remain at left wing.
    I would not be surprised if Biron started tomorrow. He is 20-4-1 2.00GAA .932SV% all time against the Isles.
    ----------

Great vid of former Wolf Pack member Dane Byers:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp17342

Dobber Sports Stud

Any rationale for Richards on the third line? This seems a little odd to me unless it is just a short term experiment and/or they are trying to have three lines that can do some damage.

I don't have him in any pool but am heavily invested in the Rags this year so love garnering any info I can. Keep up the great work - really enjoying this NYR section.

Cheers.