Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Hey, littleranger, is McIlrath full time in 2011? 2012?

Thanks, man.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Hey, littleranger, is McIlrath full time in 2011? 2012?

Thanks, man.
    Sorry for the delay. Its looking like 2012 for him. A year of AHL and not much of a rush on the back-end for the Rangers as it was fairly steady this season with a few surprises (Sauer,Mcdonagh). Will be a hole though next season with Mccabe/Eminger likely gone. (mccabe 100% gone).
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Guru

What does Rangers' D situation look for next year and in the long-term with the acquisition of Erixon?

Staal and Girardi are locked up long-term and are the cornestones of the D. Then after that there's bunch young guys (McDonagh, Erixon, Del Zotto, Sauer, Gilroy, Valentenko, Kundratek, McIlrath). Which of them will be in the NHL next year? Will Rangers be looking for some veteran help for next year and if so what type of D-man are they looking for (offensive D who can help their PP or more of a defensive guy)?

Rangers surely have put them in nice position regarding their depth on D. They can do what Pens have done and turn some of them to help in other areas (like Pens did with Whitney and Goligoski).
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Pro

So how much merit is in these Brad Richards talks? I've heard from a few different people that it's his most likely destination should he reach UFA. I also heard NYR was 1 of the teams Richards said he'd accept a trade to?

How would NYR make this work with an already tight cap situation and 4 pretty key players needing pay raises?(Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Boyle)

I might acquire Gaborik in my keeper pool so all of a sudden i've become obsessed with this subject.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    So how much merit is in these Brad Richards talks? I've heard from a few different people that it's his most likely destination should he reach UFA. I also heard NYR was 1 of the teams Richards said he'd accept a trade to?

How would NYR make this work with an already tight cap situation and 4 pretty key players needing pay raises?(Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Boyle)

I might acquire Gaborik in my keeper pool so all of a sudden i've become obsessed with this subject.
    Here's how I think they can make it work.

Let's assume the salary cap will be 62.2M. They need to buy out Drury, Wolski and Avery, while Redden will stay in the AHL. McIlrath will stay in juniors. Let's also assume Callahan and Dubinsky are signed for 4M per, Anisimov for 2M, Boyle for 1.5M, Sauer for 1M, Eminger for 1.2M and Fedotenko for 1.5M. Gilroy is not qualified (qualifying offer would be 2.1M). You get some cheap players to fill your roster (Mitchell and Bourque in my example).

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
    Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
    Artem Anisimov ($2.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
    Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.500m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
    Brandon Prust ($0.800m) / John Mitchell ($0.800m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m)
    Ryan Bourque ($0.656m)

DEFENSEMEN
    Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
    Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
    Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
    Steve Eminger ($1.200m)

GOALTENDERS
    Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($3.717m) / Sean Avery ($0.604m) / Wojtek Wolski ($0.467m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,981,667; BONUSES: $2,337,500
    CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,218,333
    If that situation becomes a reality, Gaborik would be in a nice spot. But there's always that injury risk with him.

Those defenders would be really young but they could add a veteran at the trade deadline with that cap space. It's also possible Erixon will play another season in the SEL and Zuccarello could be sent to the AHL with his big cap hit if I undervalued some of the players. So, it's really vital to buy out Drury, Avery and Wolski to save 8M in cap space. That 8M should be enough to get Brad Richards since Richards wants to play with the Rangers.

The Magnificent One

interesting post above me. i think some of those cap hits will be higher or lower so it could make sense but in the end my advice is to never get gaborik in a keeper league. just not worth it. if you have to pay with anything substantial i would pass on the deal. regardless if richards goes there or not you have a huge injury or not showing up risk.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Last few days have been very good for NYR.

Getting Erixon for a few picks and basically landing Richards at this point. Should go deep next year for sure.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Rangers have $41m committed for 13 players so it will be a challenge. If we assume the gap will be $62.5m next season and that it will take $8m to sign Richards that would leave Sather $13.5m to work with. Dubinski ($2.8), Callahan ($3), Anisimov($2), Boyle($1.5) are the main demands on the cap. They can play Erixon so he will have a cap hit of $1.7, DelZotto ($1m) perhaps sign Eminger or another player for $1.5 that brings the total payroll up to $62.5 and we still need a back up goalie. I think someone like Dubinsky or Anisimov will get sacraficed to fit Richards in. They could also put Avery in the minors and that saves almost $2m off the cap. Drury is the other guy they could do something with but they need to trade him to get full relief from the cap and that will be a challenge with his $7m contract. Putting Drury in the AHL does not relieve the cap hit because he is a 35+ signing.

I think Sather will find a way to make this work if Richards is willing to come to the Rangersbut it will be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    Rangers have $41m committed for 13 players so it will be a challenge. If we assume the gap will be $62.5m next season and that it will take $8m to sign Richards that would leave Sather $13.5m to work with. Dubinski ($2.8), Callahan ($3), Anisimov($2), Boyle($1.5) are the main demands on the cap. They can play Erixon so he will have a cap hit of $1.7, DelZotto ($1m) perhaps sign Eminger or another player for $1.5 that brings the total payroll up to $62.5 and we still need a back up goalie. I think someone like Dubinsky or Anisimov will get sacraficed to fit Richards in. They could also put Avery in the minors and that saves almost $2m off the cap. Drury is the other guy they could do something with but they need to trade him to get full relief from the cap and that will be a challenge with his $7m contract. Putting Drury in the AHL does not relieve the cap hit because he is a 35+ signing.

I think Sather will find a way to make this work if Richards is willing to come to the Rangersbut it will be tight.
    Dubinsky and Anisimov are two huge parts of the Rangers organization, especially Dubinsky. They aren't being let go under any circumstance.

Drury will be bought out to make room, and I'm sure they can dump Wolski on someone as well.

Dobber Sports Icon

[QUOTE=kbooks;718076]Putting Drury in the AHL does not relieve the cap hit because he is a 35+ signing. QUOTE]

Where did you get this idea? Drury was signed to a 5-year contract in 2007, when he was 31 years old, so this is NOT a 35+ contract.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Last few days have been very good for NYR.

Getting Erixon for a few picks and basically landing Richards at this point. Should go deep next year for sure.

Agree, things looking really good IF they can acquire Richards or another premier centerman. Richards would be huge for that team, the PP would instantly jump into the upper echelon, he'd be a major catalyst for a Gaborik resurgence. I cannot see the Rangers being outbid for his services. With Richards/Gaborik and Dubinsky/Callahan, you've got the makings of two potent scoring lines right there. And with the continued development of Staal/Girardi/McDonagh/Sauer and now being able to choose, effectively, between DelZ and Erixon as a puckmover 5th Dman, thinks are looking good on D. Not even counting guys like Valentenko and McIlraith, who could make the jump soon too.

If Richards is signed, I see the Rangers doing some real damage in the playoffs in 2012, garnering huge experience for the young guys, and then becoming true Cup contenders as early as 2013. Amazing that Sather was finally able to overcome the awful troika of signings, Gomez/Drury/Redden, and get the team to where it is now.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    Putting Drury in the AHL does not relieve the cap hit because he is a 35+ signing.
    Where did you get this idea? Drury was signed to a 5-year contract in 2007, when he was 31 years old, so this is NOT a 35+ contract.
    He probably mixed 35+ contract to Drury's NMC. There is no way Drury will accept demotion to AHL (why should he?) so the options with Drury are to trade him (if Drury accepts it), buy him out or keep him.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    He probably mixed 35+ contract to Drury's NMC. There is no way Drury will accept demotion to AHL (why should he?) so the options with Drury are to trade him (if Drury accepts it), buy him out or keep him.

Yeah, that's a good point, thanks Carcillo.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Agree, things looking really good IF they can acquire Richards or another premier centerman. Richards would be huge for that team, the PP would instantly jump into the upper echelon, he'd be a major catalyst for a Gaborik resurgence. I cannot see the Rangers being outbid for his services. With Richards/Gaborik and Dubinsky/Callahan, you've got the makings of two potent scoring lines right there. And with the continued development of Staal/Girardi/McDonagh/Sauer and now being able to choose, effectively, between DelZ and Erixon as a puckmover 5th Dman, thinks are looking good on D. Not even counting guys like Valentenko and McIlraith, who could make the jump soon too.

If Richards is signed, I see the Rangers doing some real damage in the playoffs in 2012, garnering huge experience for the young guys, and then becoming true Cup contenders as early as 2013. Amazing that Sather was finally able to overcome the awful troika of signings, Gomez/Drury/Redden, and get the team to where it is now.
    Yea, they're in a very good position right now. Even without Richards they're in a pretty good position for next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

the blueline is looking extremely promising and as always henrik is a difference maker

I am hoping that the RFA resigns happen without incident and that Richards takes a better offer elsewhere, or signs for less to play in NY (doubt it will happen but I can hope

I think that Slats might explore the possibility of a trade, with NY giving up a dman in exchange for a forward. As much as many NYR fans love Girardi I think he would garner a good return and is probably better suited to 2nd pairing minutes anyway. So perhaps now is his highest perceived value to another team. Its not as if NY can't backfill the blueline with another guy like Valentenko or Kundrachek
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.