Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 28 68 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: New York Rangers

as long as he plays in the top six he makes for an excellent add in a deep league, before break he was playing with Panarin and Strome. Fast has enough offensive skill to carry his weight on a line with the likes of Panarin but he is too valuable defensively that you have to expect him moved off the line at some point. Fast is the Swiss army knife utility forward, he can play any role.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Can anyone here tell me about Jesper Fast as a depth fantasy asset. What kind of minutes is he getting and with who? In a multi cat DEEP league, is there any decent value with Fast this year?
    Fast is not an offense first player. He is the defensive presence on any line he plays with.
    Recently he is playing with Panarin & Strome so has gotten a boost in points.

His value is in sim leagues where his overall defensive awareness reduces chances against his team's netminder

He does slot nicely on just about any lines wing because he can skate well enough to keep up with the play. He also is effective against the boards, an effective backchecker (for the most part) and is a good PK player. So in that regard he meets the criteria for a playoff depth player giving his owner a gamblers chance at drawing the short straw to play with high point players like Panarin.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice 4 minutes synopsis of the NYR situation heading towards the trade deadline

https://www.lohud.com/videos/sports/...ew/4593089002/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Fast is not an offense first player. He is the defensive presence on any line he plays with.
    Recently he is playing with Panarin & Strome so has gotten a boost in points.

His value is in sim leagues where his overall defensive awareness reduces chances against his team's netminder

He does slot nicely on just about any lines wing because he can skate well enough to keep up with the play. He also is effective against the boards, an effective backchecker (for the most part) and is a good PK player. So in that regard he meets the criteria for a playoff depth player giving his owner a gamblers chance at drawing the short straw to play with high point players like Panarin.
    Thanks donpaulo

Dobber Sports Stud

Gonna post some thoughts on where NY is going heading into the deadline

Obviously if they run off a series of wins it will affect things, but considering that NY doesn't have more than a 3 game winning streak this season and the number of teams between them and the playoffs, its looking like another year of selling off.

Unlike last season there is some promise on the roster. Picking #2 overall certainly helped matters.

My guess is that both Kreider & Strome are gone. Fast also packs his bags.

Tony DeAngelo gets a big raise to stay in NY. Perhaps a 2 or 3 year deal escalating up to about 6 megabucks.

I also suspect Henrik could very well be bought out in the offseason. First they run the idea of him moving on to another team to get a kick at the can, retaining half his salary to make it work. I don't think there will be a great return, this is about giving Hank the choice and letting him decide how he wants to handle things. I suppose he could also hang them up, but is far too proud and competitive to do that.

This allows NY to go into next season with Georgiev & Shesterkin in nets. Which is the best solution for NY

Dobber Sports Master

Interesting thoughts donpaulo I love these.

Man, about Hank it’s really hard to know how this will play out. Something tells me that there’s some game of chicken going on between him and management on who blinks first with the idea of moving on. To me his comments just at the beginning of the season were so telling. “I’d like to finish my career here but we’ll see” and something to that effect, that there are no guarantees etc.

To me this is someone who has made his peace with never winning a title. I liken him to Mats Sundin (other than the nationality thing which has no bearing), except that the latter surprised me immensely when he went to Vancouver after a long offseason pause. The situation is different here but the comparison I want to make is to Sundin in the last year of his contract, who didn’t want to be traded to a contender. I think Hank is the same; he doesn’t want to move even if so many would have him, just to get him the shot at a cup (almost projecting on him what they’d logically do in the same scenario), even if that’s not what he really wants. I truly believe he wants to finish in NYR or have the team tell him he can’t, which is something I think he’d accept. They haven’t done that though and so he stays put, until such time as he breaks the stalemate, because I don’t think team management will. They respect him that much and won’t act differently, despite defying the logic of the traditional more cold-blooded sports business approach. I think they trade Georgiev at the NHL draft and make roster decisions then.

I can see Kreider moved. Moving Strome might be a bad idea given the fit he’s experienced there and to my surprise, Fast wears an A in NY.. and you don’t move out leadership pieces very easily, unless someone else is banging on the door or the player is a pending UFA with expected demands out of the price range for the plan. I wouldn’t expect Fast to be expensive.. so I think he stays. Just my outsider perspective.

Dobber Sports Stud

You make some good points, especially about Fast. I think the issue about Jesper is that NY can't pay him more than a 3rd liner because that is essentially what he is. They also have a few kids knocking on the door which he would be blocking if they chose to retain him. For the record I am not suggesting the SHOULD trade him, only that they will.

I think with JD the whole "how to handle a goalie" thing becomes an even bigger issue. No doubt Henke has earned the right to make the call. I doubt NY improves all that much next season either. They are still the youngest team in the league and are finding their way together. Moving on from Fast, Lundqvist & Kreider essentially throws the "leadership" out the window. The broadcast is now often talking about how Hank is dressing as backup because he still prepares as the starters and is teaching the kids how to be a true professional in NYC. There is a lot of gravitas in that. Maybe he stays, it just seems a bit of bad management to move Georgiev for 1 more year of Hank. Regardless its a good problem to have.

Strome is having a great season. There are many who have come around to wanting to keep Strome in NY. I think its good asset management to move him just because his value will never be higher (unless he plays with Connor... oops)

The Great One

I watched the first 3/4 of the game and it was embarrassing how much of the play the Rangers controlled. I figured Shesterkin was well on the way to a shutout. When I saw the final score later I was shocked. How the heck did the Wings get two??
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I watched the first 3/4 of the game and it was embarrassing how much of the play the Rangers controlled. I figured Shesterkin was well on the way to a shutout. When I saw the final score later I was shocked. How the heck did the Wings get two??
    Because the Rangers always fall victim to the curse of being a young team and relax when they're up. Wings have nothing to play for they will come at you in waves if you sit back and despite being an awful team they have some very good young players, Larkin has turned it around. The Wings are just unfortunately super bad right now, believe me it's the Rangers who are usually pinned in their own zone like that against better squads.
    Girouxsalem

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, being such a young team its no surprise that NY lacks consistency

up by 4 at home, so they stepped off the gas and made some atrocious turnovers Detroit made them pay for it

If and when Mantha and Athanasiou return things should improve

Dobber Sports Stud

Lundqvist clarifies his comments at the fishwrap. Can he realistically be moved to a contender ? I doubt it but stranger things have happened.
    Maybe NY picks up half his remaining cap hit but which higher end team would want hank ? not many I reckon
    Anyway read it for yourself

https://nypost.com/2020/02/06/henrik...f-coming-true/

On another note it looks as if Gorton is finally getting around to talking with Christopher Kreider about an extension. A tad tardy, but hopefully not too late. With some luck the offer makes it way to our ears at some point down the road. When on his game Kreider is a difference maker and he slots in so nicely on Zib's wing.

Dobber Sports Stud

Really good writeup in the fishwrap about how Shesterkin has taken control of the situation and how Lundqvist has embraced being the mentor to both Igor and Alexandar

"He obviously followed Hank’s career his whole life. Hank has been a role model and he’s looked up to him since he was a little boy. And now he gets to learn from him in practices and in games, and I think he is just in heaven.
    “From our conversations, it’s like it’s Christmas for him every time he’s on the ice with Hank.”

https://nypost.com/2020/02/15/an-ins...dqvists-crown/

Dobber Sports Superstar

if Gorton doesn't trade Kreider for an obscene haul I will drive down the Northway to Manhattan and slap him f*cking senseless. Every goal Kreider scores on this scorching hot run he's on should only drive the cost up higher. They need to stop winning and kill these playoff aspirations this season, get one more high end pick this summer and then focus on contention next year. Regardless of who stays and goes this deadline, summer, etc. they're not nearly ready to win so these victories do nothing but inhibit a chance at a top ten pick which is much more important in the long term perspective. Kreider bare minimum better bring at least the same haul as Hayes. I see him going to Boston honestly who like Pitt is in win now mode at cost of hemorraged future, so a first and likes of Heinen or Bjork for his services. Honestly how hot he's been I want another pick on top of that. Talk of dealing Fast, screw that, no other forward as versatile as him. If they somehow can trade Trouba please let it happen, he isn't worth half that contract IMO and then you can sign DeAngelo.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    if Gorton doesn't trade Kreider for an obscene haul I will drive down the Northway to Manhattan and slap him f*cking senseless. Every goal Kreider scores on this scorching hot run he's on should only drive the cost up higher. They need to stop winning and kill these playoff aspirations this season, get one more high end pick this summer and then focus on contention next year. Regardless of who stays and goes this deadline, summer, etc. they're not nearly ready to win so these victories do nothing but inhibit a chance at a top ten pick which is much more important in the long term perspective. Kreider bare minimum better bring at least the same haul as Hayes. I see him going to Boston honestly who like Pitt is in win now mode at cost of hemorraged future, so a first and likes of Heinen or Bjork for his services. Honestly how hot he's been I want another pick on top of that. Talk of dealing Fast, screw that, no other forward as versatile as him. If they somehow can trade Trouba please let it happen, he isn't worth half that contract IMO and then you can sign DeAngelo.
    Is Trouba the next Shattenkirk in NY?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is Trouba the next Shattenkirk in NY?
    I mean we'll see, they f*cked up with Shattenkirk in thinking he was a top pair defender when he needs to be used like Tampa does behind better overall defenders and in an offensive deployment. Trouba just does not impress me, this team gives up way too many shots to any opponent and that's partly on the players themselves but mostly Quinn who I also after 1.5 years am not a tremendous fan of. He hasn't had that switch flip a la Bednar did with his squad once his system became second nature to his players. Nonetheless a lot of money will have to be handed out in the future on this squad and Trouba's tag is glaring for me, that kind of money he has to provide at least 40 points plain and simple.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz