Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: New York Rangers

I haven't watched many Rangers games this year but I noticed Strome is playing serious minutes.

Does his play look sustainable at this point? Or is it truly just an interim situation with Zibs out?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    I haven't watched many Rangers games this year but I noticed Strome is playing serious minutes.

Does his play look sustainable at this point? Or is it truly just an interim situation with Zibs out?
    At this point there is no telling what will happen upon Mika's return. Panarin has shown that despite being a winger, he controls possession like a center, therefore changing up the roles of the line so to speak. Strome has been a solid player since being traded to NY and now qualifies as a late bloomer. Because this is arguably the thinnest team in the league at center, he is for sure at worst the #2 center upon Zibs return. Mika has more ability, larger reach, harder shot, and hits more than Strome, therefore I want him as the top center. At the same time, if Strome is not dragging down the top line then I am not adverse to a line two of say Zibs, Buch, and Kakko. Kreider, Strome, Panarin last night looked good so keep that rolling if it doesn't dry up.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Luigi - super helpful.

I'm considering taking the gamble that Strome is a 55+ point player for the next 3 years, which frees me up to add Labanc to someone as a roster upgrade.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    they're a team f*cking up their shot at LaFraniere, START LOSING lol.
    Those putrid losses to Ottawa are really going to add up at the end of the year, would love to see another top-5 pick added to the mix for next season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Strome hit the jackpot when he came to NY for the 2nd time. Last season't team was a shell so he picked up some premium minutes and made the most of it. Good for him too.

The issue as I see it is that Ryan Strome's numbers will result in a higher cap hit going into next season. As such does he really fit what the NYR are building ? I can see both sides of the argument making sense on this one.

I'd argue against it for cap hit considerations. Unless Strome will take a shorter term deal, lets say 2 or 3 seasons and at a discount.

If he signs elsewhere, then I think Gorton failed to get a return on a guy who has value. The Rangers aren't going to the playoffs, or even if they somehow sneak in it won't be far before the offseason and another draft is staring them in the face.

So do JD & JG decide to keep Strome and if so at what cost ? Do they move him and pick up another kid or pick ?

Glad I don't have to make that decision.

The issue with NY is consistency, but with so many kids its to be expected.

Yuck at Ottawa, then barn burner at Montreal, an overall poor effort vs Minnesota only to pick up the OT win

Congrats to Henrik ! #5 all time
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Odds that Buch gets traded?

What did he do wrong? He was putting up great numbers, looking to break out, but now I hear he is off the PP all together and might not even break 10m TOI tonight. Someone who watches regularly care to comment?

Thanks from a westcoaster.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah ok here is some of the issue

Buchnevich is Eeyore.

He has come so far and really developed into a nifty player. He has the size, the speed and the talent to be a top 6 winger in the NHL. BUT he is his own worst enemy at times. He'll make a boneheaded play or fail to execute after a high speed dangle or go into the corner and get beat cleanly then go back to the bench and pout. You can see it in his face, his body language. God love him but he should NEVER play poker.

Not sure how coach handles a guy like that. Pavel is hard enough on himself.

He did thrive down the stretch last year, but the argument was that the pressure was off. Does he need a spot in the lineup where the spotlight is elsewhere and he can simply play hockey ? Perhaps but if that isn't the situation in NY with Panarin, Zibanejad and now Kaapo I don't know what is.

So I think the best way to view Pavel is feast or famine. He is either firing on all cylinders in which case don't take your eyes off him because he is going to do something special with the puck OR he is wallowing in exile which is just as likely be to be Eeyore being tough on himself. The depth chart for the team is improving but I think there is an important part for him to play just not every game. Consistency is an issue for this player and he knows it.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Georgiev starting for the 3rd straight game tonight... Is anything wrong with Lundqvist?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Giant

ya. benched georgiev tonight. didn't look to see who starting tonight. just assumed lundys turn.
    must be hurt???
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

WHats happened to Chytil recently? He seemed to be on a tare there for a bit with Ziban out. Was that the main reason? He really looked like a future star for a minute. Is it going to take someone getting traded for him to see real opportunity? I noticed he doesn’t get pP either, so that’s probably holding him back a little. Either way I thought he was very impressive once brought up from AHL.k

Is his ceiling like a PPG 1C or 2C? Or am I being unrealistic. That’s what he looked like he could be at least if he continues to progress like he has. Huge change between preseason to his call up.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    ya. benched georgiev tonight. didn't look to see who starting tonight. just assumed lundys turn.
    must be hurt???
    I dont think Lundqvist is hurt. It's more that Georgiev is playing well and Quinn is running with the hot hand.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think Lundqvist is hurt. It's more that Georgiev is playing well and Quinn is running with the hot hand.
    The way Georgiev is playing and how great Shesterkin has been in the AHL, kinda hopeing Lundqvist retires after this season. If not, it might be difficult to justify holding Shesterkin back and not giving Georgiev more serious time that he’s earning with his play. Unless they traded Georgiev I guess. But that will be questionable if he’s playing so well. And that would put the Rangers in a tough situation where they’ll need to find a new backup in the coming years. Although giving Shesterkin a season to learn from Lundqvist would be nice. Maybe Henrik could get into coaching when he hangs up the skates?

I’m assuming Georgiev will get protected in the Seattle expansion draft. If not he’s def someone I could see them picking if he’s eligible. Not really sure how that works.

Still would love to see Lundqvist win a cup once. Wouldn’t feel so bad if he went to a contender. Not sure how that deal would go though.

Trying to appreciate him this season though as it really could be his last with the NYR.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Master

I thought I read somewhere that something was nagging Henrik. Meanwhile Georgie takes the starting job outright. Expensive backup, even if the backup is a legend. I think this is how the Rangers want it though. So, c’est ça.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Some random musing on the NYR goalie situation...

Georgiev is about to go over the games played limit that currently makes him waiver-exempt when being sent to the AHL (he's three short right now). I was thinking the Rangers might swap him and Shestyorkin ahead of that limit to keep him from being expansion-draft eligible but after digging into that a bit I don't think that will work. Based on the expansion draft rules Georgiev will have to be exposed unless he receives a NMC in his next contract or the Rangers have another expansion-eligible goalie on the roster that is under contract for the following season. Shestyorkin will be ineligible for the expansion draft.

The team has a couple of options here. In one scenario Lundqvist retires, saves the Rangers the cap hit of his final season, and the team moves on with the Prince and the Czar. They would then have to sign a third goalie to expose in the draft or work out a side deal with Francis & Co to avoid Georgiev being selected. The team gets both of its young goalies up to the big show and saves valuable cap space in the process, win-win. Another scenario is Lundqvist plays out the final year of his contract, signs for one more season at the league minimum and is exposed in the expansion draft, allowing the Rangers to protect Georgiev. He would then retire, never having intended to play the 2021-22 season either way. The former situation hopes Lundqvist is the altruistic type when it comes to money, the latter situation hopes Shestyorkin is the patient type. In either case Rangers management has to get one player or another to give up something for the good of the team. And no matter what the Rangers, if they are carrying Georgiev on the roster, must sign another veteran goalie or expose him in the draft.

To me trading Georgiev is a definite possibility but has its drawbacks too. For one, it doesn't make sense beyond next season since the Rangers would still have to sign another goalie ahead of the draft to be exposed to Seattle, a minimum-salary vet if not Lundqvist on a wink-wink deal, and then they'd potentially still have to sign or promote another goalie (Huska?) to fill the roster if said filler goalie gets selected. For a team aiming to play competitive games starting in '20-21 that's a lot of speculation and uncertainty. Since Goalies generally don't fetch much in return in trades, I can't see the Rangers being so generous with one of their assets. Also, Georgiev is good, so it's tough to give up a productive asset for peanuts hoping Shetyorkin is as good or better than Georgiev is right now. That said if he's traded I see it as part of a package deal to dump cap hit ahead of next season (think Smith/Staal/Buch, etc). It's not pretty, but would address two potential issues for the team and likely makes the most sense assuming you can find a trade partner. Otherwise the Rangers would rather deal with a three-headed goalie problem than make a bad trade, IMO.

Back to the present, apparently Lundqvist is not 100% hence the string of starts for Georgiev where he's posted a .971 save percentage and stopped 38 of 38 on the Power Play. Kid is legit.

Dobber Sports Genius

Expansion should t be a problem for them. Lundqvist will be off the books, Georgiev will be protected and Shestyorkin will be ineligible considering he’ll have less that 2 years of NA pro experience. All they need is some vet desperate for an NHO contract or a guy like Huska who doesn’t even need to be signed, only needs to be given his RFA qualifying offer.

The problem as Insee it is that Shestyorkin likely won’t want to wait in the AHL all next season while Lundy plays out his last year. If they can get him to waive his NMC or Shestyorkin doesn’t mind another season in the minors then they’ll have no issue going forward.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar