Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

What an impressive road win against Pittsburgh !

The penguins came out in the 2nd and simply dominated play but the backup was ready for the challenge

The pace of play was very quick and highly entertaining

Pitt has the chance for quick revenge when the 2 teams meet up at MSG for the next game
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017...alie-czech-khl

The New York Rangers are adding another goaltender to the system. Today Elliotte Friedman reported that the Rangers have placed former Predators prospect Marek Mazanec on waivers with the purpose of assigning him to the AHL to play in Hartford.
    He still has to pass through waivers today though. Maybe Edmonton or Pittsburgh throws a wrench in the Rangers plans?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017...alie-czech-khl

He still has to pass through waivers today though. Maybe Edmonton or Pittsburgh throws a wrench in the Rangers plans?
    Indeed, one would think they would have signed him in the first place yet perhaps the chance to thwart NY is appealing enough to make the move

I must admit I am a bit unsure why NY chose this time to make the move
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

What a terrible game by NY. Dallas DOMINATED from the opening faceoff and never looked back.

They stood up on the red line and forced NY into dumping and chasing or creating turnovers going back the other way. Very effective game plan.

Lucky for NY Pavelec stood on his head and denied numerous high quality scoring chances.

Stubborn AV kept rolling Deharnais out there on the "top" line. So frustrating... and on top of that coach called Deharnais to shoot 2nd on the shootout. WTF ? Just horrific.

NY stole a point

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/940962886804963328

OFFICIAL: #NYR have loaned Filip Chytil to the Czech #WorldJuniors team for the @iihf_wjc.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

its just right up the road from Hartford and the kid has really shown his worth so far in the AHL.

On another note, Larry Brooks at the fish wrap aka the NY Post says the glass is half empty for NY and they should start selling

https://nypost.com/2017/12/14/ranger...t-accordingly/

Dobber Sports Stud

Expect Mika Zibanejad to be back for the next game

Dobber Sports Stud

Larry Brooks with a disturbing piece on the NYR. The glass is half empty at this point

Rangers shouldn’t let winning fool them at trade deadline

The Rangers have allowed the third most shot attempts in the NHL (while recording the eighth fewest attempts), have surrendered the second-most shots on goal, have the fourth-worst shots for/against percentage and are trending downward, yielding a fraction less than 37 shots per over the last 16 contests in which they have allowed 35 or more 11 times (40 or more five times).

https://nypost.com/2018/01/09/ranger...rade-deadline/

Dobber Sports Superstar

it is definitely time to sell IMO the contention window has closed. Though I would hate to see Lundqvist go if the package in return is correct they have to do it and bring Shestorkin over when the time comes. They are back to being the up and down team they were prior to strong contention years a couple seasons back. This team could never contend with a healthy Ducks, Blues, Predators out West and the Devils skate circles around them. See if there is a market for Nash as a rental and cut ties. I really hate talking about dismantling but I think it is time they had their chance it did not happen now it is time to restructure and commit fully to a youth movement.

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree

further I believe its a mistake to resign Grabner despite his offensive prowess for NY since coming to MSG. His goal scoring has been a very pleasant surprise but when it comes with a bigger cap hit I don't think he is going to be worth it. Trade him at the deadline (along with Nash) and then offer him a similar deal to the one he signed to come to NY in the first place. If he wants more money and another team gives it him, then wish him well and move on.

What I am really hoping to see is Marc Staal get the hook. His game was never really much more than a solid top 4 defensive blueliner, however his contract and injury history is hurting NY big time. I doubt another team wants him at this point so I reckon NY eats crow on him much like the Girardi. My thoughts in the offseason was to see Staal jettisoned over Girardi but the extra cap hit was too rich for Gorton's liking so DG had the cord cut. Of the two I would have preferred to keep DG over MS but I understand the reason for keeping Staal around for this season.

I would really like to see a guy like Ryan Graves get a shot at some regular ice time. This would be once Holden gets moved as well.

DeAngelo will probably get the press but the Graves kid looks like a solid player to me. Alexi Bereglazov is also an interesting choice although he really didn't show all that well in his limited time on this side of the pond. Add to it that both he and Graves are lefties while DeAngelo is right handed. Sean Day who was just traded in the OHL is having a very fine "last" season in the OHL over playing in Hartford but is again a left handed dman.

So
    Nash
    Grabner
    Holden

should all be gone

I agree that it might also be the best time to TRY and move Henrik after the numbers he is showing this season. His contract is just a ton of weight so I am sure NY would have to take on some unwanted freight in exchange for him however. For example someone like Dion Phaneuf, not that Ottawa would want Lundqvist but that kind of contract would have to be exchanged. 4 years at 7 million for Dion vs 4 years at 8.5 for Henke...

anyway its time to hit the road, thanks for posting Luigi its nice to have another voice on this forum

Dobber Sports Stud

The bottom she is falling out for NY

The hidden blessing is that it could force NY into selling the deadline rather than buying a false hope

Dobber Sports Stud

Nash has caught fire and now has 4 goals in the last 2 games. He, Zibanejad and Buchnevich have been on the top line and looking great.

Zucarello on the other hand seems to be a liability on many nights. During the Sabres game he took a bad one in the last 2 minutes giving the Sabres a shot at tying the game at crunch time. Not sure what is up with him. Not shooting, nor many of the nifty passes we are used to seeing from him. Then again the team has been in transition since Kid Kreider went down with the injury so that could be affecting him having a revolving series of linemates.

Brendan Smith while playing a heavy physical style of game is, like Zucarello taking some stupid penalties. Shooting pucks over the boards, tripping opponents in the offensive zone. Not playing well IMHO.

JT Miller had a HORRIFIC turnover in the first period vs the Sabres. Shooting a perfect center ice feed to the Sabres from behind Henrik, then having to fish the puck out from behind his goalies to prevent a goal. Yuck. Apparently he got into a heated argument with the officials and used that to fuel a nice 2nd and 3rd period firing home a nice goal.

The bottom 2 centers on the team tonight were Deharnais and Holland. Wow has NY sunk to a new low...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Brendan Smith while playing a heavy physical style of game is, like Zucarello taking some stupid penalties. Shooting pucks over the boards, tripping opponents in the offensive zone. Not playing well IMHO.
    That's what Smith has been doing throughout his career. That's why I never liked the contract for the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes at first I was excited about the smith deal but now he more like a half empty glass, than a half full one. That is when he isn’t a healthy scratch

The Magnificent One

What about buch? How does he look what you think of him going forward?

Box scores he had a good night but yeah what to know future outlook
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi