Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

I wanted to address some of the comments I've seen about the NYR draft day trade of Lias Andersson and why I think they are making mistaken conclusions. There are a few different factors involved in assessing the situation that I believe need to be fully fleshed out.

The first criticism I have is the mindset that moving Lias for a 2nd rounder is a bad move. When an investor makes a poor financial decision on which instrument he or she buys, they are then presented with both a challenge and an opportunity. Does one hold onto a tarnished asset or move on to make a new more prudent decision?

In this case moving on from Lias is the wise decision. Yes NYR should not have drafted him when they did, then allowed the situation to deteriorate further with the kid eventually moving back home when things didn't work out as he had hoped. But that is hindsight and more about the poor draft choice, not the decision to trade the player.

Maybe the selection with the pick NY received in the deal could have been better spent but the fact is they moved a piece that wasn't going to work out for the team and took advantage of the opportunity to make a new selection. In the financial world this behavior has proven to be the right choice in most circumstances and I think this holds true for the trade. One does not hold onto a losing position due to FOMO or Fear Of Missing Out. You sell the stock and make another decision and hope to earn your money back on a better choice.

Let us then take the other side of the deal. LAK acquire a centerman who was drafted in the first round in exchange for a 2nd round pick. Does LA really need another center ? I think we have all read the comments that drafting Byfield wasn't an ideal situation for them given the number of pivots in their system. So how does adding yet another centerman help this ? In my view it doesn't BUT I won't criticize the move as I hope both the Kings, the kid and NYR get something out of the deal. The argument that Byfield is essentially “more winning” at center, yet making a move to add yet another center doesn't add up very well at least that is how I see it.

If we are talking about trading 2nd round picks for a good return, perhaps we should take a look at what the Senators were able to do with the Murray deal. A Stanley cup winning goalie for Gruden and a 2nd round pick ?

Again if you had a 2nd round pick would you trade it for Murray or Lias Andersson ?
    I know which deal I prefer to make.

I haven't read much of anything critical about what the Penguins did. Yes their cap situation forced the move but the contracts are and were under their control. They forced themselves into the issue and moved a cup winning goalie for #52 overall.

The facts as I understand them is that Lias was not going to play for the New York Rangers. The kid went public with his trade request, so they traded him for the best return they could get. That return was a 2nd round pick at #60 overall. Good move by Gorton.

Obviously pundits are free to make their own conclusions but the opinion that moving Andersson for #60 is a bad move is simply not true imho. If experts want to grade the choice NY made with that pick then that is up to them. I am not making that argument, I'm simply pointing out that moving a player who doesn't want to be on the team for another asset is a good deal.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Sage

I am surprised anyone has a beef with the deal on either end. Seemed like a hockey trade at first look. Getting a pretty good pick in a very deep draft is a good return for a player NYR screwed up on for whatever reason. LAK got a talented if overdrafted player who needs a fresh start. And his dad is already inside the organization. Lias will play LW from now on I dont think its a problem. Kupari probably ends up at RW. Good centers can make the transition. I guess its NY media so everyrhing gets picked and scratched to death.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I am surprised anyone has a beef with the deal on either end. Seemed like a hockey trade at first look. Getting a pretty good pick in a very deep draft is a good return for a player NYR screwed up on for whatever reason. LAK got a talented if overdrafted player who needs a fresh start. And his dad is already inside the organization. Lias will play LW from now on I dont think its a problem. Kupari probably ends up at RW. Good centers can make the transition. I guess its NY media so everyrhing gets picked and scratched to death.
    Actually I've read two sources from this site which is why I posted here
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lets see where this one lands.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...56617813020672

Arbitration filings for Ryan Strome: NYR at $3.6M; player at $5.7M
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

The average between Strome's & the Rags filings is almost bang-on the amount the Rangers can walk away from if awarded ($4,538,958)

Dobber Sports Superstar

if it's 4.5 mil area just give it to him for one year to buy time. Known chemistry with Panarin and forces him to play well for another contract and gives them a nice deadline piece potentially.

The Great One

$4.75 mil is my guess.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

gut says lower - 4.2m 1 good year with a bunch of meh years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

$4,538,958 is the walkaway number for the Rangers so it will be interesting to see where the arbitrator ends up.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I think they sign him then make a move at the deadline

Dobber Sports Superstar

i'll take that Strome deal, this leaves just Claude Jr. to sign and that should be relatively straight forward.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes its palatable considering all the dead weight cap space hits this upcoming season

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice writeup in the fishwrap aka NYP about Will Cuylle

https://nypost.com/2020/11/07/ranger...oving-himself/

Nyers love a story about overcoming the odds

Dobber Sports Stud

Its no surprise but Henrik will work for the Rangers when he retires

https://nypost.com/2020/11/16/henrik...er-retirement/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Its no surprise but Henrik will work for the Rangers when he retires

https://nypost.com/2020/11/16/henrik...er-retirement/
    Good to know there's no hard feelings from Hank here.