Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    They’ve got two more games until the all star break. Shesterkin should get one or both of those starts and then go back down. I agree Lunquist isn’t going anywhere nor does he have any value really. Apparently the Leafs are inquiring on Georgiev - which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1928957
    Have you not seen their backup goalie situation?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Henrik doesn't want to go anywhere but thats just a guess. They asked him right when the rebuild started and he wanted in. His no trade means and his contact pretty much means he is going to be a lifelong Ranger and I guess thats not a bad thing.

To clarify some of us in Rangersland want Henrik gone because it boils down to cold hard cap space and NY has wasted quite a lot of it over the years. Look no farther than Shattenkirk who is going to earn 6 million for NOT playing in NY. So when we look around at the roster the low hanging fruit is Henke. Resolved to see Hank out the door, but still kind of wishing he chooses to move and get a last kick at the can. He has brought so much to rangerland and I think he still has more to give. The issue is at what price.

I think to a certain degree the Kravtsov situation may have put the NY braintrust in a position of knowing they don't know about Shesterkin's position and overall feelings. Well that and he lit up the AHL and doesn't really appear to need to play there anymore. The terrible timing was that Georgiev's AHL waiver free moves expired just recently. SO they are stuck with 3 guys. I look at it as a good problem to have. How many other teams would love to have 1 of these guys either in nets as a starter or as a backup... quite a few I reckon.

This season has really jumpstarted the rebuild starting with KK and even filtering down to DeAngleo blowing up for huge numbers. Now Chytil is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. You can see him emerging into a difference maker. The kid can flat out fly and should be stamped into the top 6 sooner rather than later. I think it kind of means Strome is gone, which is a sad story to be honest. Then again he does have some nice chemistry with Panarin as does Fast who is also a free agent. Again this is a good problem to have.

The Kreider situation speaks for itself.

Really interesting times in NY thats for sure
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Have you not seen their backup goalie situation?
    I have. The Rangers are not shopping him as, nor are they expecting a return commensurate with, a back-up. The Leafs would be stupid to pay what the Rangers are going to want for a back-up. That’s why it doesn’t make sense.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

a great example of the scenario they need is the Rask. A month too early but had this happened mid February the floodgates may have potentially opened for a deal with a contender in a bind as far as injury void, not to say Halak couldn't carry the load for the time being. They basically need a panic button mash from a contender not confident in their crease heading into the postseason to unload Henrik or Georgiev. Gorton likes his packages, if there was a buyer out there for a goalie/Kreider deal I'm sure he would listen. At the point though in the rebuild where I'd like young roster ready players back a la Lemieux over picks unless they're first/second rounders.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

The Leafs would be stupid to pay what the Rangers are going to want for a back-up. That’s why it doesn’t make sense.
    stupid ? Georgiev is a step up from the current backup. The Leafs might even be able to rest Andersen a few more games.

The question is do they want to pay for an NHL goalie. If not then go into the post season with the current tandem. Null sweat for NYR.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Rangers’ Henrik Lundqvist acknowledging his Eli Manning-like dilemma

NY fishwrap has an interesting article about the clock running on Henke's status

“I saw what was going on [with the Giants] this year, and there are some things that are similar, for sure,” Lundqvist told The Post after practice Saturday in Tarrytown. “He was there around 15 years, same for me, just about the same years, too. When you’re in one place for a long time, of course you’re going to go through some different phases with an organization."

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/ranger...manning-level/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    stupid ? Georgiev is a step up from the current backup. The Leafs might even be able to rest Andersen a few more games.

The question is do they want to pay for an NHL goalie. If not then go into the post season with the current tandem. Null sweat for NYR.
    Exactly. They want a quality option but don't like the idea of paying for one.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Well there is always the possibility of finding a hambuglar I suppose

Thats just the cost of the contract

Dobber Sports Master

such a fun team to watch

The Great One

Yes. So you might even say it doesn’t make sense (sound familiar??) for the Leafs to be after Georgiev. It would require a significant overpay.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Yes. So you might even say it doesn’t make sense (sound familiar??) for the Leafs to be after Georgiev. It would require a significant overpay.
    I'm not saying they should overpay but there's not a lot of quality options floating around and they sure cant keep rolling with what they have.

You know the old saying " you pay peanuts, you get monkeys".

The Great One

I’m mainly referring to the fact that I noted it didn’t make sense for the Leafs to be taking a run at Georgiev given all the factors in play. You made it sound like that was a dumb thing to say given their backup situation in Toronto and then we came around to the fact that indeed Georgiev doesn’t make sense for the Leafs.

I will say the Habs have (for the time being) proven your monkeys saying wrong with Kovalchuk.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

I’m mainly referring to the fact that I noted it didn’t make sense for the Leafs to be taking a run at Georgiev given all the factors in play. You made it sound like that was a dumb thing to say given their backup situation in Toronto and then we came around to the fact that indeed Georgiev doesn’t make sense for the Leafs.

I will say the Habs have (for the time being) proven your monkeys saying wrong with Kovalchuk.
    Its early LOL

Dobber Sports Stud

The question for Toronto is what are they willing to pay to upgrade a woeful backup situation

The number of seasons a team is competitive enough to try and make a run to the finals is limited

Not necessarily if Georgiev is the right player for them or not

I'd prefer NY to keep their goalie, especially if a team like Toronto is offering peanuts

Dobber Sports Superstar

let's also not rule out Tampa, a well known trade partner for NY, who also have a grave backup scenario in Curtis McGlassKneeys.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe