Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 32 72 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

just my opinion but I think Traktor needs Kravtsov more than Vitali needs them.
    Clearly a situation in flux... it will be interesting to see how things turn out

I'm reading some folks suggesting that K24 goes back to Finland
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

and with the 22nd overall pick, the New York Rangers select...

hoping Hendrix Lapierre falls to this spot if they don't trade the pick and his skill is worth the risk associated with him IMO.

Dobber Sports Stud

Uncle Larry suggesting NY move on from Tony DeAngelo

https://nypost.com/2020/09/12/nils-l...tony-deangelo/

I don't agree with him but I understand why he is making this kind of conclusion
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    and with the 22nd overall pick, the New York Rangers select...

hoping Hendrix Lapierre falls to this spot if they don't trade the pick and his skill is worth the risk associated with him IMO.
    They could do worse, I'm kinda hoping an USNDP prospect falls to that spot

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Uncle Larry suggesting NY move on from Tony DeAngelo

https://nypost.com/2020/09/12/nils-l...tony-deangelo/

I don't agree with him but I understand why he is making this kind of conclusion
    He definitely makes some good points. He'd be a good starting point towards a solid 2C. Maybe a sign and trade deal?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Max Domi is available
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He definitely makes some good points. He'd be a good starting point towards a solid 2C. Maybe a sign and trade deal?
    If its my choice to make, then I sign Tony D to a multi year deal at the money he's earned. Wouldn't give him a NTC.

When the kids start pushing at the roster then I consider moving Tony. But not now.

This is predicated on moving on from Strome

Dobber Sports Veteran

NYR Stats & Info@NYRStatsInfo

Kravtsov has tallied a goal to give Traktor a 1-0 lead. He has extended his goal/point streak to three games and has registered four of Traktor's last seven goals. #NYR

Kravtsov registered his second goal of the game to give Traktor a 2-1 lead in the third period. He has now recorded five of Traktor's last eight goals and has been on the ice for all eight goals over the span. #NYR

https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status...37997048201216

https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status...65881477484545

Dobber Sports Superstar

Kravtsov is on fire for sure but it's the KHL and bigger ice, when he starts doing that in the AHL I will pay more attention to it alas love that he is shooting a ton.

Rangers are making some sort of deal, there's no way around it. A week from now, a day we all dreaded, shall arrive with Hank's buyout. After that, it's time to move someone and Tony makes the most sense as his season puts his value at a premium. This team is spoiled with young righty defenders, if they sign Tony then they have to trade Lundkvist and that might be the worse of two evils, as that kid could easily dominate. DeAngelo should net a 2C in a one for one if you ask me and him moving on forces them to utilize Trouba more offensively. For $50 mil I need to see A LOT more than 27 pts in 70 games whether or not he was asked to be a more defensive presence. Based on how often they are pinned in their own end while I watch a plethora of other teams easily exit their zone, he didn't excel in that either.

Fox and Trouba as PP1/2 guys is more than fine while they wait for Nils to cross the pond at which point he can "spread his wings". No telling what happens but I certainly see them being one of the most active teams starting next week.

Dobber Sports Stud

This is the kind of stat block I enjoy

Vitaly is up there with Kuznetsov, Tarasenko & Kaprisov

https://twitter.com/StatBoy_Steven/s...667713/photo/1

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Kravtsov is on fire for sure but it's the KHL and bigger ice, when he starts doing that in the AHL I will pay more attention to it alas love that he is shooting a ton.

Rangers are making some sort of deal, there's no way around it. A week from now, a day we all dreaded, shall arrive with Hank's buyout. After that, it's time to move someone and Tony makes the most sense as his season puts his value at a premium. This team is spoiled with young righty defenders, if they sign Tony then they have to trade Lundkvist and that might be the worse of two evils, as that kid could easily dominate. DeAngelo should net a 2C in a one for one if you ask me and him moving on forces them to utilize Trouba more offensively. For $50 mil I need to see A LOT more than 27 pts in 70 games whether or not he was asked to be a more defensive presence. Based on how often they are pinned in their own end while I watch a plethora of other teams easily exit their zone, he didn't excel in that either.

Fox and Trouba as PP1/2 guys is more than fine while they wait for Nils to cross the pond at which point he can "spread his wings". No telling what happens but I certainly see them being one of the most active teams starting next week.
    I think Tony can play the offside. Far better to have him locked up and then move on from Staal & Smith

I'm still praying Henrik takes a job upstairs and becomes the face of the franchise going forward from a marketing and sales perspective

That would be Trouba, Fox and Tony D as the top 3. Then Lindgren, Miller, Hajek and the other prospects battle for the other slots

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I think Tony can play the offside. Far better to have him locked up and then move on from Staal & Smith

I'm still praying Henrik takes a job upstairs and becomes the face of the franchise going forward from a marketing and sales perspective

That would be Trouba, Fox and Tony D as the top 3. Then Lindgren, Miller, Hajek and the other prospects battle for the other slots
    there's just too many righties and Nils Lundkvist is prob gonna be somewhat prolific I'll say cautiously, he has a Weber slapshot. It's really just a matter of being rich in young righty D that most other teams salivate for so they gotta swap for a hole fill aka a 2C.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't disagree with the thought process, only that Lundvist is unproven at the NHL while Tony is a really solid player.
    I think he can play on his offside. Doing that puts him in the top 3
    If we are grading strictly on handedness than I see the argument, but I don't buy the argument that Tony is useless on the offside
    Plus by signing him, WITHOUT the NMC then he can moved later.

I agree that his value is at a career high, but I also think that Tony can be even better next year which would mean his value is even higher in 21-22

Dobber Sports Stud

Well, well well. I didn't expect to wake up and see Marc Staal gone. Not sure how much I like the 2nd rounder in 2021 as the sweetener but I suppose it could have been worse. One can only wonder if Girardi could have been moved somewhere for a 2nd rounder... Its water under the bridge. I would have thought that Winnipeg could have used Staal and the pick is a bonus.

NY lucked out last draft and truly hit the jackpot in this draft so I guess from the perspective of the braintrust they are playing with house money so to speak.

This certainly opens up the roster to keeping the RFAs around if they choose to go that route.
    Tony D is going to get a big deal. We all know that is going to happen so moving Staal who has been a great ranger makes it just that much more likely.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I just don't want the Rangers to become the Leafs as far as salary cap hell. In two years Mika is getting a monster raise so how much money can they really throw around. DeAngelo is a great offensive player yes indeed but only at a certain price point. IMO he is worth 5 mil a year tops due to his lack on the defensive side of things alas we will see.

Hard to see Staal go but it clears up some cap for the overall RFA class and losing the pick I don't really mind as the prospect cupboard is more than stocked for this organization.