Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23 63 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Rangers

God I hope Shesterkin doesn’t spend another year in the AHL. I don’t think that’s what the Rangers want anyway. This is probably Hank’s last year.

Administrator

I think they'll have this sorted out by the summer even if it means moving Georgiev.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think they'll have this sorted out by the summer even if it means moving Georgiev.
    Lots of teams who should have interest in him if they do go that way. SJ, NJ, OTT, TOR, CLB, etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Lots of teams who should have interest in him if they do go that way. SJ, NJ, OTT, TOR, CLB, etc.
    SJ makes a lot of sense for Dell+. Then the Rangers can waive/demote Dell easily and call up their new golden boy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    SJ makes a lot of sense for Dell+. Then the Rangers can waive/demote Dell easily and call up their new golden boy.
    Maybe add Kreider and some extra futures going back to SJ. That would be a fun deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    So you see him as a backup regardless of what team he is on?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Not necessarily. I think the Leafs could overpay to have him as a backup for now partially because he's good and they could fit his cap. On SJ, NJ, OTT, CLB, he would be at minimum starting 45% of the time, if not up to 60-70%.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

NJ and CLB will never happen, they're not trading him within the division. But in SJ he could help save the season, I didn't realize how horrendous their 5on5 save % was, holy smokes, RIP DeBoer. TOR makes a ton of sense to keep Freddie Anderson rested and productive. OTT seems like a "default" destination in that they have the easiest cap situation to work around and plenty of youth for a relatively simple 1-1 deal or thereabouts.

The fan in me hopes for a two-headed goaltending duo constantly trying to one-up each other, but real life rarely works out so cleanly

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfury View Post
    NJ and CLB will never happen, they're not trading him within the division. But in SJ he could help save the season, I didn't realize how horrendous their 5on5 save % was, holy smokes, RIP DeBoer. TOR makes a ton of sense to keep Freddie Anderson rested and productive. OTT seems like a "default" destination in that they have the easiest cap situation to work around and plenty of youth for a relatively simple 1-1 deal or thereabouts.

The fan in me hopes for a two-headed goaltending duo constantly trying to one-up each other, but real life rarely works out so cleanly
    I see your point on NJ/CLB, but Mike Hoffman was also supposed to be on his way out of the East before SJ flipped him right back in there. Same thing with Martin Jones. So I try not to discount destinations just based on division, we don't really know if there is the hesitancy to begin with for trading inside the division, as well as not knowing what workarounds there may be.

On the whole though, trying to guess destinations is usually a fool's errand. Bottom line is that it seems to make the most sense for Georgiev to be moved, and if that's the case, he should be acquired by a team that sees him as someone with an opportunity to take more starts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Oh, for sure that could happen but as far as I know the GMs dealing those guys were generally unaware they were going to be flipped back within the division ASAP. Either way, its not going to be boring on Broadway anytime soon.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Umm no. He would at least be in a split situation on four of the teams EB mentioned. Could steal the job too.

Dobber Sports Stud

Vitaly Kravtsov is returning to Hartford in the AHL

This is very good news for NY imho

I'd like to respond to some other comments but for some reason the site is logging me out after a few minutes so I'll post this now and edit later

right so about Chytil, the kid still can't buy a beer. He has made major strides in polishing his game, getting back in the play and his overall game. Obviously still a work in progress. The beauty of his situation is that NY is not relying on him to be a franchise center, they can lean on Zib for that. So Filip is "free" to focus on bringing his A game to the rink. I think he has top 6 upside clearly, but we will have to see if he is going to develop enough of a defensive effort to warrant being the main guy at MSG

AG is outplaying Henrik but will the kid be able to handle the workload ? I have my doubts. I believe Henrik is so competitive that he won't retire so NY may have to move the Bulgarian or lose him to expansion.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

The prince is getting the call against the Avalanche for NY

huzzah

the changing of the guard has begun
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Oh I'm excited about Prince Igor.

FWIW, I though Chytil was amongst their top 3 forwards in terms of performance at least the last 3 games he's played. Very noticeable and a playmaker out there. After Panarin, I thought it was a tie with him and Ziba in terms of how noticeable he was. Didn't think he was thaaat good before but recent performances are changing my mind.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

FWIW, I though Chytil was amongst their top 3 forwards in terms of performance at least the last 3 games he's played. Very noticeable and a playmaker out there.
    I think Filip is finally getting some linemates who can produce offense.
    Last season was lost on the 4th line playing with grinders, then being sent to the AHL to start the season while Lias Andersson made the team. Yet Filip has battled through all of it and he can't even buy a beer.
    This kid is going to be a very good hockey player. Hopefully he develops into everything NY needs him to be.