Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

The Great One

Default Re: New York Rangers

From Dreger...

uh oh

New York Rangers are talking with Jack Johnson, recently bought out by the Penguins. History with Jacques Martin and John Davidson. Character...etc
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Ranger fans, please tell me about V. Kravtsov. I've head all about his failed year bouncing between the AHL, KHL, back to AHL. Seemed to be deemed a Blue Chipper but now, more ?s than answers, especially with Laf coming in and others competing for top 6/9 forward roles.
    IS this guys too risky to invest in? If you had to choose between Kravtsov and Liam Foudy (with the mass exodus in CLB) in a Multi-cat league, who do you want and why? Thanks all!
    Bump... ?

The Great One

And now Kinkaid for 2 years? Jeez i don't get these moves.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    And now Kinkaid for 2 years? Jeez i don't get these moves.
    I believe Kinkaid fills a requirement for expanson draft. Igor is exempt, they protect Georigev, and needed a goalie with experience and a contract through 2021-22. And he's around if injuries pile up. He's been quite good at being around.

The Great One

Good point - hadn’t considered the Seattle implications. Rep.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Ranger fans, please tell me about V. Kravtsov. I've head all about his failed year bouncing between the AHL, KHL, back to AHL. Seemed to be deemed a Blue Chipper but now, more ?s than answers, especially with Laf coming in and others competing for top 6/9 forward roles.
    IS this guys too risky to invest in? If you had to choose between Kravtsov and Liam Foudy (with the mass exodus in CLB) in a Multi-cat league, who do you want and why? Thanks all!
    Ask and ye shall receive

Vitaly is 20 years old, playing north of 16 minutes a game in the KHL and has 6 goals in 11 GP. He is still more than relevant and will be a factor before all is said and done.
    Yes he was bumped down the depth chart, no doubt about that, yet this fan wasn't expecting him to be top line material. I was hoping we would see that and perhaps we still will, but for now he would look great on a line either with Zibanejad or perhaps Chytil.

The guy who is really front and center right now is Buchnevich. 1 more year at 3.25 before RFA.

Foudy on the other hand looks to have a golden opportunity although who knows what Cbus does with their free agency money

If I have to choose I'd go with Foudy as he doesn't have a culture or language issue and has the inside slot at top 6 minutes.

I'd probably want another name to consider because I think Kravtsov is going to be a very fine hockey player and I think moves Buchnevich down the roster or even off the team.

I'll add that 5 of Vitaly's 6 goals are at even strength
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I still feel a trade of sorts is coming for the likes of a 2C. Johnson replaces Staal on the third pair and I really think they only qualified Strome to extend a window to make something happen honestly. Fast is gone it would seem which sucks but cannot pay the likes of $3 mil a year for third line material albeit a wonderful Swiss Army tool in the kit. Maybe they think Schneider is ready to hop in idk, or maybe they use him as a trade asset. Just cannot shake the feeling that a deal is coming for a piece that helps right this second.

Dobber Sports Stud

A move for right now is NYR sop isn't it ?

I think most fans like Fast but he was where offense went to stop happening. In that regard he reminds quite a lot of Jan Erixon, just a very solid defensive player who was a good skater and knew how to hamper enemy forwards.

Johnson is 30 years old and had one really good season in 2014-15. In that regard I think both he and Strome would fit on the Panarin line with the inside edge given to Strome due to familiarity. I guess it would depend on much Tampa wants to add in order for NY to take on the contract. So if the Lightning think or want an asset back for TyJo then this fan doesn't want him. Considering that NY paid a 2nd rounder to be rid of Staal I'd say that is a reasonable expectation. With all the FA moving parts its got to be tough for Tampa to make some magic happen when there are still unsigned forwards who simply cost teams discounted cap space. Don't get me wrong, TyJo is a fine hockey player and will find a home somewhere, the question is where ? Jersey with a ton of cap space doesn't need another center. Cbus perhaps ? Yet they are dumping contracts. Ottawa ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Larry Brooks is reporting that Fast took a 3 year deal from Carolina over the 2 year offer from the NYR

Dobber Sports Stud

Alex Georgiev signs a 2 year deal, not bad for a guy who was undrafted

Also reading unconfirmed reports that Anthony DeAngelo signed a 2 year deal at 4.8/season

Dobber Sports Superstar

those two deals were steals

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The Covid-cap certainly helped to keep those negotiations straightforward.

Dobber Sports Superstar

more importantly Tony's deal keeps Strome in check, I cannot see arbitration getting him more than 4.5 for one year. Lemieux shouldn't be an issue and they need to honor the awarded deal because he is the only gritty forward.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    more importantly Tony's deal keeps Strome in check, I cannot see arbitration getting him more than 4.5 for one year. Lemieux shouldn't be an issue and they need to honor the awarded deal because he is the only gritty forward.

Agree Lemieux is an important forward for this team. Ideally they could use another like him, but 1 is better than zero

Strome I have mixed feelings about but everytime I hear him speak he just exudes a kind of excitement and joy of hockey, then again playing with the Panarin will do that

Dobber Sports Superstar

if he gets 4.5 mil or less for a year fine, use him as a trade chip if need be at the deadline if shit hits the fan. If he's awarded more than 4.5 I believe they can walk away from it and let him become a UFA. If that was to happen I bet Granlund or Haula ends up in NY.