Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

Well things certainly were interesting today err yesterday pour moi

Both sides blinked a bit with Christopher Kreider. Getting the 7th year but with a slightly lower salary per season. Considering what COULD have happened, I like this move. When CK is on his game, there are few players better in the league. Lets hope those extended streaks of minimal points stop happening and he can find some consistency. NY needs him now more than ever. He and Mika have some real synergy brewing. Zibanejad is simply having an awesome season ! If he had played the full schedule his numbers would be even more impressive. I think CK has been a big part of that.

Brady Skjei was on fire when he arrived in NY. Then signed the big deal and started wilting. Was it the pressure ? Was it his lifestyle ? Well something happened to him and he just never turned into the player we fans were hoping for. He often seemed either out of position or forcing the play when he shouldn't, just overall questionable decision making under pressure with the puck. He is gone now and good for him. Carolina is a great place to live, he is making bank on the deal and perhaps this move is just what he needs to settle into the 2nd phase of his NHL career. Best of luck to him. NY grabs another 1st rounder which is exciting news for this fan. Let us not forget that NY's 2nd is Carolina's property after the Fox deal. So essentially it is Skjei and a 2nd for Fox and a 1st, so they moved up and I think got the better player. If Brady gets his game together then the deal needs to be analyzed again.

Fast stays which is interesting so now he is in the top 6 for the playoff run. Both he and Strome are riding Panarin's coat tails big time. Hey, they are making the best of the situation right ? Strome has been very effective finding breadman with the cross ice feeds and he has been burying them. If NY makes the playoffs I think Panarin deserves some consideration for a Hart trophy.

So they decided to go for it this season, retain CK and move Skjei for roster cap flex. Overall I like the moves today.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

All I wanna know is was Buchnevich driving and what the hell happened?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    All I wanna know is was Buchnevich driving and what the hell happened?
    Shestyorkin was the driver.

''Shesterkin was driving a 2019 Porsche southbound on Ocean Avenue near Avenue Z around 8:30 p.m. when a 2017 Honda sedan driven by a Connecticut man made an illegal U-turn in front of their vehicle, police said Monday. The Rangers’ vehicle struck the sedan and a parked SUV, police said. No charges have been filed and no summonses have been issued.''
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Shestyorkin was the driver.

''Shesterkin was driving a 2019 Porsche southbound on Ocean Avenue near Avenue Z around 8:30 p.m. when a 2017 Honda sedan driven by a Connecticut man made an illegal U-turn in front of their vehicle, police said Monday. The Rangers’ vehicle struck the sedan and a parked SUV, police said. No charges have been filed and no summonses have been issued.''
    I would have preferred to blame the guy in my pool that owns Buchnevich haha. Thanks for the details. I hope he heals quick for the stretch run.

Dobber Sports Stud

K'andre Miller signs on the dotted line

a 3 year deal

Welcome to the family

I love this kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTAfkjLcjUU
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Nov 25: Torts Shakes up Lines

So we at The Athletic – a band of hockey writers that accounts for a great portion of the Professional Hockey Writers Association, which votes for most of the major post-season awards – did our own balloting.

Gorton tied for third for GM of the Year (behind Colorado’s Joe Sakic and Boston’s Don Sweeney and tied with Tampa Bay’s Julien BriseBois) and Panarin finished third in the Hart Trophy balloting for league MVP, behind Edmonton’s Leon Draisaitl and Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon.
    **PAYWALL** https://theathletic.com/1693038/2020...d-jeff-gorton/

Dobber Sports Superstar

here's to a sweep tonight fellow Rangers fans. Idk about you but I am all for being eliminated and getting the shot at first overall pick. Sorry but I just do not care about the asterisk title and they are not ready to go all the way anyways as this series has showed. Potentially adding the likes of Lafraniere to an already solid top six would be very beneficial for several future years of contention.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Does anyone think this series would be different if Igor was in net? I personally do not, but curious about others thoughts.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Does anyone think this series would be different if Igor was in net? I personally do not, but curious about others thoughts.
    I think it would be very similar outcome so far. Carolina looks really good.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

One thing I will say, and laugh if you want, but a team will play a different style in front of different goalies. If the team has a different confidence in Igor over Hank, it could lead them to play a different way and who knows how those games turn out. The could play a more offensive style and less worried about their own end. Teams tend to play harder defensively in a goalie they have less confidence in and not quite as offensively focused.

I didnt get to watch yesterdays game as I was travelling with the wife but I did watch the majority of the first game. In that game, Hank played well although that first one he gave up was a bit weak. Honestly, not sure if Igor would have made a difference or not yesterday. I didnt really get to see any of the goals from yesterday to know how good or bad the goals were.

Either way, the offense is not holding up their end of the bargain. Maybe I am crazy, but I dont expect Lundqvist in nets for game three, even if Shesterkin isn't ready to go but who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

With how well Carolina is playing, it's hard to think that anything short of Igor playing like the second coming of Carey Price would have the series any different.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Carolina is a superior team and because NY swept the regular season series the writing was on the wall for the Canes to take the "postseason" series.

Dobber Sports Icon

Maybe Shesterkin is not as good as everyone thinks he is!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Shesterkin is quite good but he cannot he blamed when they were constantly being pinned in their own end for lengthy amounts of time, goals are bound to happen in those scenarios. Aho's goal was beautiful I will say. Quinn is not a good coach, I am not a fan, and hope he is ousted.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great building season for the Rangers. If they can luck out and get the #1 pick then look out folks.