Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

Tonights game in Minnesota NY's starting defense was

Holden
    Skjei
    DeAngelo
    Gilmour
    Pionk
    Sproul

Holden at 30 years old has more NHL game time than the other 5 combined
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Two interesting articles over at NYP

Chris Kreider is BACK

https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/raring...gers-im-ready/

Apparently he was born with a malformed rib so it was best to remove it. Kind of scary that he didn't tell rangers management about the symptoms but hopefully it won't adversely affect his game going forward.

Also a nice piece on how the rebuild has ALREADY begun, as evidence by my recent post about the starting blueline for the Wild game

https://nypost.com/2018/02/14/the-ra...the-blue-line/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Thanks, I think the biggest challenge to Tony DeAngelo right now is consistency.

When the kid is on his game, the passes are smooth, he jumps into the play with ease and his poke checks are very effective.

Unfortunately he is also prone to turnovers and although he has improved in that area, he is still making more than he should. Then again most of the team are prone to turning the puck over as well.

So if Tony is riding pine its because AV is attempting to use it as an "opportunity for learning"

As a right handed shot and with Shattenkirk out of the lineup Tony DeAngelo is at or near the top of the depth chart in terms of handedness.

Remember that DeAngleo is not a very big kid so his game is about skating, moving the puck and keeping his head up.
    Wow thanks so much. Nice write up

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Wow thanks so much. Nice write up
    you are welcome mate

The ranger board is so dead, your presence keep the pulse moving

Dobber Sports Stud

Holden shown the door for a 3rd rounder. All in all not a bad situation as NY can now give those minutes to another "kid" who can hopefully show something to management and have a legit shot at the roster for next season.

Don't forget that Holden was asked to play on his off hand and in situations he is probably not best suited for.

Overall he did an adequate job of it and all with a smile on his face.

This is the kind of hockey player you just want to root for.

Best of luck to him this season and next

Dobber Sports Veteran

Neither Rick Nash nor Michael Grabner will play for #NYR tonight. Team closing in deals, so right now, this is just precautionary. Lettieri and Carey will be in.

Dobber Sports Stud

nice trade for Grabner IMO

the pick is good value, and the Russian kid might actually challenge for roster spot next season as the NY blueline has quite a few empty spots

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

nice trade for Grabner IMO

the pick is good value, and the Russian kid might actually challenge for roster spot next season as the NY blueline has quite a few empty spots
    I believe the "Russian kid" is still under contract with his KHL team for one more season if that means anything. But still, nice deal for the Rags!!

Holden and Grabner gone.. Nash is next??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Nash should be next but I have a sneaky feeling that its going to be McDonagh to Winnipeg

yeah I know, call me crazy

My hunch is that Nash goes to Tampa when they cannot close on Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Superstar

what a haul for Rick well done Gorton. Hello nine picks in 2018 with more to come perhaps.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sean Hartnett @HartnettHockey
    #NYR HC Alain Vigneault expects Ryan Spooner to be in the lineup tonight vs. Detroit.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I believe the "Russian kid" is still under contract with his KHL team for one more season if that means anything. But still, nice deal for the Rags!!

Holden and Grabner gone.. Nash is next??
    I was under the impression that KHL contracts can be bought out. Perhaps I am mistaken ?

Dobber Sports Stud

Its been a whirlwind past few days but after watching tonights Red Wings game, I actually enjoyed the team's play.
    Then again it was a home game vs Detroit...

The crowd was into it by the 3rd period too

As Luigi said, NY now has quite a few picks

Now the pressure is on not to *&^^$% it up

#NOHUGHJESSIMAN

Dobber Sports Wizard

I was under the impression that KHL contracts can be bought out. Perhaps I am mistaken ?
    Players themselves can buy out their own contracts but that's not feasible for players who can only get en ELC from the NHL because they'd waste all of that ELC money (and usually more) to buy out their KHL contract.

NHL teams are not allowed to buy out KHL contracts.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Players themselves can buy out their own contracts but that's not feasible for players who can only get en ELC from the NHL because they'd waste all of that ELC money (and usually more) to buy out their KHL contract.

NHL teams are not allowed to buy out KHL contracts.
    Thanks for the clarification !

I'd rep you but it says I spread the wealth around first