Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: New York Rangers

They have a bright future.

2 1st round picks this yr. Kakko, Zib, Panarin, Shest, emergence of DeAngelo. They got a team here. The only thing I dislike about this team right now is their aging depth D (if managed right, can fix pretty quickly), next yrs buyout penalty of Shattenkirk, and Kreider's contract.

If Kakko can take a leap next yr, this team will have a very solid team, especially with the likely solidification of goaltending. The "who's the real starter" hindered their win total with entertaining Lundqvist was still the starter over Shesterkin.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think they're D depth will be an issue for long. DeAngelo, Trouba, Fox, Miller, Lundkvist, Lindgren, Hajek, etc (I know I forgot someone).
    They're going to be solid. Just have to not overpay for DeAngelo right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think they're D depth will be an issue for long. DeAngelo, Trouba, Fox, Miller, Lundkvist, Lindgren, Hajek, etc (I know I forgot someone).
    They're going to be solid. Just have to not overpay for DeAngelo right now.
    I forgot about Fox. Ya their depth D is fine if they develop. Not an issue yet.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I forgot about Fox. Ya their depth D is fine if they develop. Not an issue yet.
    Everyone seems to... Even the Calder voters.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Everyone seems to... Even the Calder voters.
    I even remember the solid move he made on the Carolina blueline last night. He's got a lot of talent to build on.

Best part of the playoffs is you end up watching other teams a lot more, and players like Fox, and stars like Aho show why their markets love them.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How did Deangelo look? Didn't watch much of the series, but he was a Gardineresque -4 last night on 4 goals.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    How did Deangelo look? Didn't watch much of the series, but he was a Gardineresque -4 last night on 4 goals.
    I haven't specifically watched for him, but didn't notice him much, and he had the lowest game score on the entire roster for the full series.

Dobber Sports Icon

He looked terrible on that one Aho goal. Not sure about the rest of the series though.

Dobber Sports Stud

NY had a poor showing. Yes Carolina had a lot to do with that, but the Rangers didn't really even show up until game 3 imho.

Too many penalties, poor decision making, bad puck management and Hank is pretty much gone. The days when he could steal a game or series are in the rear view mirror. Carolina peppered him with shots and he let in a few I know he'd prefer to have back. Shesty is the future and with Georgiev challenging him it should make for some great competition over the next few seasons. The question is how Henke wants to handle the situation. Lots of opinions and rumors of him returning to play with his twin brother in Sweden are all around the net. I think the Rangers offer him a job when he hangs them up if he agrees to help the team with the cap situation they created keeping him around. Its not as if Henrik needs the money and he is a great ambassador both to the game but to the Rangers uniform. Given the train wreck that is the Knicks I think the boss decides to do the right thing with Lundqvist. Hank certainly deserves to make the call. Best of luck to him.

Not only did Carolina dominate but they did it without 2 of their starting defensemen. NY was exposed and they had little pushback when it came to the pace of play. Plenty of players to point the finger at. A little humble pie is just what the doctor ordered. Which of these players are going to stew on that feeling and come back stronger for next season ? Those are the guys we want on the team.

The cap situation created by poor management decisions before the choice to rebuild are going to haunt the team for the next season or two. Imho they are not going to have enough money to spend and keep the transitional players on the roster while the kids continue to brew. Its for that reason I think Strome and Fast are gone. Its not that they make the Rangers a better team, they do. Its the cap space they are going to command which will hamper cap compliance in a few seasons. Unless both Ryan and Jesper will take a 1 or 2 year deal... and why would they do that ?

DeAngelo is the key piece they have to decide on. Are they building around him as a top 4 on the back end ? If so then lock him up and pay him. Take the money saved on Fast and Strome and spend it on Tony. Any extra cap space lying around can be spent or banked on. Is Buchnevich part of the core or not ? If not move him next deadline for more assets.

NY was in poor form and Carolina had their way with them. NY's best players were not up for the series and it showed. I believe missing Shesty for the first 2 games also hurt their chances.

This and next offseason are going to be fun to watch as a diehard rangers fan.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I took a flyer on the Rangers $50 to win the cup with a $2,600 payout. Thought they'd at least make the dance. Really have to love this team moving forward as they check all the boxes - high-end youth, elites in their prime, cagey vets, excellent goaltending. Really surprised they didn't put up more of a fight but perhaps that just underscores how damn good Carolina can be. Look out if they win this lottery

Dobber Sports Superstar

**** YES

Dobber Sports Ninja

Congrats Ranger fans!! It's a good time to be a fan of this team - the future looks very bright.

Dobber Sports Giant

oh this looks great on new York. thanks Carolina.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Hell yes

Will this one last a lifetime as well ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The tweet makes it seem like it's for the season butit's very possible this loan could end when training camp starts.

Larry Brooks@NYP_Brooksie

Rangers are loaning Kravtsov to KHL Traktor for 20-21, Post has learned. Will play for coach Gitiatulin, same coach as he had in draft year.
    edit: Some clarification

Larry Brooks@NYP_Brooksie
    Rangers have right to recall Kravtsov when NHL gets under way.
    edit 2: Twist!

vorky@vorkywh24

@HCTraktor1947 Sports Director confirmed to @championat the talks with Vitali #Kravtsov & @NYRangers. Traktor has one condition, Kravtsov will spend all 2020-21 season with Traktor in #KHL. Otherwise, no deal with #NYR. #HockeyTwitter #NHL