Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Ace

The Leafs really gonna sit $6 million in the press box once Dion is back tonight? I'd be shocked if they continually play Gunnarsson and Aulie over Komisarek and Lebda. Aulie will be back to the AHL soon and Lebda will rotate in and out of the lineup.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by goavsgo View Post
    The Leafs really gonna sit $6 million in the press box once Dion is back tonight? I'd be shocked if they continually play Gunnarsson and Aulie over Komisarek and Lebda. Aulie will be back to the AHL soon and Lebda will rotate in and out of the lineup.
    Agreed with the financial look at it but really I think its just my opinion of what they should do as both those guys have outplayed the others and I hate when Lebda is on the ice it just scares me as a Leafs fan!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well Lookie there TO did the right thing and benched Kommi!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

OK so I just threw up a bit in my mouth Lebda is playing tonight and showing everyone why he shouldnt be he is horrofic, gives the puck away everytime he is on the ice!!!

Also wathcing the game tonight I am really impressed with Vertseeg and have been for awhile now that said for whatever reason we have him on 3rd line duties most nights. Looking at the team and the lineup I see now that a coaching change has to be made!!

Yes the players are no good but they are not being motivated and they are not matched up correctly I am calling for Wilson's head as a start to the rebuild!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    OK so I just threw up a bit in my mouth Lebda is playing tonight and showing everyone why he shouldnt be he is horrofic, gives the puck away everytime he is on the ice!!!

Also wathcing the game tonight I am really impressed with Vertseeg and have been for awhile now that said for whatever reason we have him on 3rd line duties most nights. Looking at the team and the lineup I see now that a coaching change has to be made!!

Yes the players are no good but they are not being motivated and they are not matched up correctly I am calling for Wilson's head as a start to the rebuild!!
    I fully agree, Ron Wilson is just not inspiring his team, I remember reading a article(maybe it was a post here not sure) but it said that after a particularly bad period, wilson didnt even get worked up over his teams play, he said that he wants to keep things positive...are you ****ing kidding me, this is not a minor league team(even tho they somtimes play like one) you cannot baby them, tell it to their faces how it is, inspire some sorta fire under ther asses
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Decent article on how Kessel SUCKS!!! LOL not quite that but along those lines...

http://www.640toronto.com/Blogs/EatS...tryID=10172067

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is another good one and I love the title "Not Phaneuf" hahaha

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...wned-by-flyers

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is a great article and makes a lot of sense. The Monster needs to be starting why rebuild the whole team but the goalie???

http://www.640toronto.com/Blogs/EatS...tryID=10173146

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well the Leafs looked good again last night it was Kessels best game in a long time and Versteeg continues to impress me despite his +/- which I am sure will turn around so long as he continues his great play.

Phaneuf looked solid again, though I am sure that like with most offensive D-Men he will give up an opportunity the other way like he did last night. Lebda continues to start over Aulie which makes me so very angry! Why would you waste the momentum of a great young defense to play this douche!?

Also Giggy looked solid in net but that again doesn't change the fact that Gus should be playing.

Well off to CGY tomorrow and a chance to continue the teams strong play against a not so strong opponent.

Dobber Sports Stud

I saw most of the 3rd period only, and I can say that they looked really solid, about as good as they did when they won 4 straight to start the season
    Kessel got a really nice Powerplay goal, but it was from a better feed by Versteeg who is impressing the hell outta me lately
    FINALLY PHANEUF SCORES!
    Grabovski scored again, his hot streaks are turning into consistently scoring, the whole line of Kully-Grabo-Big Mac is the leafs best offensive line and has been for a while
    Armstrong is a bigger piece to this team than what many people think, with him in the lineup, I do believe they have a winning record
    Kadri will score very very soon, hes making things happen out there, and almost had what woulda been a beaut in the 3rd, but just missed hitting it in

Lets go leafs!
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

They did look solid and as I said before they are the youngest team in the NHL so they will be inconsistant if you look at the expectations for the Oliers and the Leafs there is way more pressure for the Leafs to perform and they are even younger of a team.

I do agree that we have a very solid base with Kadri, Kessel, Armstrong, Versteeg, and the entire 2nd line which I think is a very good 2nd line and would be on other teams as well I dont think its the lack of depth on the Leafs as mush as it is the lack of top end talent. I have said before and I still think that we have one of the best young Defense in the league and we are also solid in the nets even though I think we are playing the wrong guy!

All that said until we trade Kabby and get a top line forward its going to be a long and inconsistant year!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Todays Leaf Rant from my Blog

OK well with there on again off again play they have had some decent games nothing I can overly complain about……well OK sure there is!!

WHY GOD!! is Lebda playing over Keith Aulie!! When Phaneuf was out Aulie was arguably there best shutdown defenseman and now we bench him for the give away happy Lebda!! His assist totals would be great if you included all the ones to the other team! where is this guys value??? oh yeah in his contract cant leave that kind of money on the bench BS!!! If your committed to a rebuild and trying to turn things around in Leaf nation then Wilson, PLAY Aulie for crying out loud!!!

As for the lines meh… I don’t like seeing Bozak on the top line I get that he is likely our best face off guy and we have been struggling there but come on he needs to be centering the 3rd line that’s just where he belongs! 2nd Line (Our best Line) has to stay in tact and I am glad that Wilson has finally stopped trying to shuffle them around! they have chemistry together and I think its a legit 2nd line for any NHL team! As for Kadri, well what can I say we need to give the kid the minutes but I cant disagree with Wilson as I don’t like his effort level much either! The biggest disappointment to me is that Versteeg and his 12 points in 14 games is still being wasted on the 3rd line! Why!! he needs to be a top line player on the Leafs there is just no reason for this!

Now Burke! Listen up Kabby has looked great lately after a slow start to the season and is actually a +2 for our crappy Leafs! this is the time to try and trade him! forget your stupid holiday rules it needs to be done, I mean I like Armstrong but not on the 1st line dammit! can you PLEASE go get a top line centre!! how about go ask Philly really nicely if they will still make the Kaberle for Carter Trade (not going to happen) or go get Savard + something else for him while Savard struggles to get going and rekindle the Savard-Kessel magic please just go get someone!

Ok I am done with today’s rant GO LEAFS GO!!!
    Last edited by JD88; December 16, 2010 at 8:43 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

It's fans like you who give a bad rep to Leaf fans... we win a pair and you keep on ranting lol...

Lebda shouldn't be playing, agreed. However, I find that he does a better job then everyone not named Kaberle as a defenceman on the PP in terms of distributing the puck. Of course this hurts his ES contributions, but heck.

Also, I'd argue that Kulemin-Grabo-Mac should be considered as our 1st line for now. Sure, ideally they are but a 2nd line, but the only reason you'll name another line 1st is because of Kessel. Also, how can one forget the chemistry between Bozak and Kessel last year? You have to hope it comes back, and it won't if you don't play them together. Bozak is also a responsible defensive center, so I don't see how he hurts playing on that top line.

Versteeg played on the top line for I don't know how long. It just didn't work. 3rd line + 1stPP is already more then he had in CHI. Armstrong has to fit because of his grit. It's the sole reason he's playing top 6 time - that, and lack of top end talent with grit.

bah, counter-argument over.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    It's fans like you who give a bad rep to Leaf fans... we win a pair and you keep on ranting lol...

Lebda shouldn't be playing, agreed. However, I find that he does a better job then everyone not named Kaberle as a defenceman on the PP in terms of distributing the puck. Of course this hurts his ES contributions, but heck.

Also, I'd argue that Kulemin-Grabo-Mac should be considered as our 1st line for now. Sure, ideally they are but a 2nd line, but the only reason you'll name another line 1st is because of Kessel. Also, how can one forget the chemistry between Bozak and Kessel last year? You have to hope it comes back, and it won't if you don't play them together. Bozak is also a responsible defensive center, so I don't see how he hurts playing on that top line.

Versteeg played on the top line for I don't know how long. It just didn't work. 3rd line + 1stPP is already more then he had in CHI. Armstrong has to fit because of his grit. It's the sole reason he's playing top 6 time - that, and lack of top end talent with grit.

bah, counter-argument over.
    OK Then my rebuttal is this....

I am a realistic Leafs fan I don't jump on and off with their winning / losing streaks I am the best kind of fan I love them all the time!!!

Lebda is horrible 5 on 5 and on the PP he IMO is not an option anywhere I would rather see anyone of our other guys Schenn or Gunny on the PP rather than him!! He is doing nothing out there and if you are rebuilding then Schenn needs to be on the point for the 2nd PP he has shown great flashes of the offensive he can put up this year!

Yes I agree that the Kully-Grabo-Mac line has been our best but I refuse to call them our #1 becuase if thats it then we are in BIG trouble as good as they have been they are a 2nd line and nothing more. I did say too that they could be anyteams 2nd line and I think that is saying enough for what they have done. Bozak did come and have a solid end of season last year with Kessel and Kully but he is not the answer at centre and has the pedigree and talent of a 2nd/3rd line player and nothing more. I agree that his two-way play has been good and that it helps when playing with the one dimensional Kessel BUT it still doesnt mean he is the man for the top line job.

As for Versteeg 90% of his top line play came at the very beginning of the year and since then he had 2 games when Kessel was at centre. He has been there best player for a few weeks now and I too think that Armstrong has looked good but he is not offensive like Versteeg and Vertseeg also plays a harder game. I love him on the point on the PP works great I just wish it were Phaneuf next to him and not Kabby but we have to show case Kabby for his trade Anyhow you go with your hot hand and Versteeg is it so he should have the top line minutes that he deserves! if not that maybe try to add him to the Kully-Grabo line as Mac has really slowed down of late! whatever it is he needs to be getting better playing time.

There you go! believe in me I know my Leafs LOL

Dobber Sports Veteran

A few quick notes today......

Giggy is out indefinatley with a groining injury and this will do it I think its Gus's net to lose now!!

Aulie was sent down further cementing the fact that the Leafs have no idea what they are doing!!! At this point I am ready to call for Burke and Wilson's heads as they have no idea how to rebuild!

Wilson for sure has to go he is horrible and does not fit the team and what they are trying to accomplish we need a change up behind the bench!

I am outraged by the Aulie situtation, there is no way that Lebda needs to be playing or Kommy at this point for that matter. Chnages need to be made now!!

OK out for the day GO LEAF GO!