Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

theyve already gotten more points in this 5 game monster schedule than i thought they would ever get. awesome game tonight

Dobber Sports Stud

Dont worry Nights I gave up once it was 4-1 as well
    but lo and behold it was 5-4 shootout win when i checked tsn later
    The leafs have showed some good fight the last few games scoring in the final minutes against Boston to go to OT
    and then tonight against Washington coming back from from being down 4-1 in the 3rd to win it in the Shootout
    thats a great sign to see, maybe Coach Wilson can inspire his team to play hockey, Who Knew!

next big test is that Kid they call Crosby, and the Pens

Lets go leafs!!!
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Further to the time is now post that I put up the other day on moving Kabby....

I just wanted to say BURKE are you listening no really THE TIME IS NOW!!!!

With a recent offensive surge from him showing that he is still a very capable offensive Defensman and with Aulie proving that he is very much NHL ready its now or never!!!

So get on the phone with CBJ, BOS, TB, MON, NJ. NYR. NYI, DAL, MIN, or SJ all of these teams require his services and ALL of them have better forward optons than we do!!

Come on Burke I will say it again NOW IS THE TIME!!!!

Rant Over

Dobber Sports Veteran

Man what am I going to do if they ever start winning I wont be able to rant anymore

I am sure I will figure it out though :P

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Man what am I going to do if they ever start winning I wont be able to rant anymore

I am sure I will figure it out though :P
    Thats half of ever leafs fans post on here! haha
    Leafs Till I Die.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am sure that this has been spoken about, but it must be updated in the Leafs section too

Dion Phaneuf might return to the Toronto lineup from a deep cut to his leg as early as Saturday's game against Montreal.

"He's getting close, he had a great workout (on Monday in Washington)," said assistant coach Rob Zettler said. "I think you'll probably see him within the next three or four days now." He is being listed as day-to-day and has been a participant in three straight practices. Stay tuned.

Source: Toronto Sun

Dobber Sports Stud

"Leafs coach Ron Wilson said captain Dion Phaneuf may play tomorrow against the Flyers.

Phaneuf has been out of the lineup for the past five weeks after his leg was badly cut by the skate of Senators forward Peter Regin.

With Toronto in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins today, Phaneuf again skated with the team at the game-day skate and said afterwards that he felt good on the ice. "
    Globe and Mail

Lineup for Tonight
    MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
    Versteeg - Kessel - Armstrong
    Kadri - Bozak - Sjostrom
    Orr - Brent - Rosehill

Kaberle - Schenn
    Beauchemin - Aulie
    Gunnarsson - Komisarek

Gustavsson

I say Beauch, and Aulie will be focused on Crosby tonight but thats just my opinion

Lets Go Leafs!
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wfactor View Post
    "Leafs coach Ron Wilson said captain Dion Phaneuf may play tomorrow against the Flyers.

Phaneuf has been out of the lineup for the past five weeks after his leg was badly cut by the skate of Senators forward Peter Regin.

With Toronto in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins today, Phaneuf again skated with the team at the game-day skate and said afterwards that he felt good on the ice. "
    Globe and Mail

Lineup for Tonight
    MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
    Versteeg - Kessel - Armstrong
    Kadri - Bozak - Sjostrom
    Orr - Brent - Rosehill

Kaberle - Schenn
    Beauchemin - Aulie
    Gunnarsson - Komisarek

Gustavsson

I say Beauch, and Aulie will be focused on Crosby tonight but thats just my opinion

Lets Go Leafs!
    Kudos you beat me too it!!! and I agree that Aulie is becoming that shutdown guy!! Love it!

Dobber Sports Stud

Come on Burke I will say it again NOW IS THE TIME!!!!
    I thought now was the time for Burke's self-inducted trade freeze for the holidays?
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Kudos you beat me too it!!! and I agree that Aulie is becoming that shutdown guy!! Love it!
    Beauch essentially have been our go-to (read : not best, but the guy the coach puts on the ice for that role) shut-down guy, and Aulie's a shut-down guy himself. They'll likely get Crosby all night.

For the record, our best shut-down d imo is Schenn (not many will disagree). Komisarek and (Gunner is it?) will probably cover Malkin (unless he's still out with his knee problem).
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Now there was a embarassing first period to a losing hockey game, they had hardly any jump to their game at all, seemed like a bunch of pylons on the ice
    I just dont understand these leafs in the first period they just cant play, makes no sense
    later on in games they finally start finding there feet, and stick to the gameplan but by then its normally to late(your not gunna have a washington breakdown every game)
    Admittily stopped watching once it was 4-0 but kept going back every once and a while to see the score
    did they play better later on or did they stay the same(you cant get much worse) then they did in the first
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Veteran

Leafs look brutal on the ice and really its there group of fowards and latley Komisarik who I am betting is the odd man out tonight when Phaneuf comes back. But beyond Kommi I really like what I see in the D! Unfortunatley they get no support from the forwards and are always in their own zone with the lack of offense.

Gus looked bad last night but dont geton him too much it was PIT and he has been playing great all year so one game happens! That said Giggy will start tonight via. Rotoworld.

Also the Kessel experiment is going OK I must say I am surprised at how he is fitting into the roll and seems to be improving every night at the dot. Hell we may be looking for wingers soon He is a small centre but there are few good ones in the league (Roy) so I think that he can make the transition!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Fan 590 in Toronto is reporting that Dion Phaneuf (leg) will be in the Toronto lineup on Thursday.
    Phaneuf said to reporters that he could have played last night but doctors recommended that he not play on back-to-back nights, so he decided to wait one more night. Phaneuf suffered a bad gash to his leg when the skate of Peter Regin slashed through his leg five weeks ago, a cut that required surgery to repair. Get him back in your lineup ASAP.

Dobber Sports Stud

I coulnt agree more about the Forward group, we are just horrible in the neutral zone, always turning it over, so we can never get a good forecheck going
    I think Burkie needs to make a move get a new forward, show that he isnt afraid to shake up the lineup, maybe inspire some hockey into these guys
    and ya other then Kommie are D group is pretty solid, tho Kaberle is prone to alot more mistakes then normal this year, even more so on the PP
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well with Kabby going to be traded I can stomach Kommi as a 6th D man so long as it keeps Lebda off the ice or call up that kid we got from TB!! We do need to shake things upi I am not sure how you can have such a young team that plays with such little heart!! a trade or 2 is needed for that your right!!