Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Leafs take on the Oilers tonight FINALLY a team that we should! be able to beat!! Gustavsson will be in the nets again tonight and with Giggy on his way back he better have a good game to show that he deserves more starts going forward!

The best player on our team in the last 3 years vs Edmonton has been Phanuef from his days with Calgary but we all know he isnt in the lineup!

Really I am not sure what team we will see tonight on the ice. There has been too many times this year that they have been beat and I say that the Leafs should come out flying against ?? and they come out flat!!

But I would like to believe that after that tough loss in TB the other night that they do come out with a chip on there shoulder...also look for the hole in the bottom 6 with Brown gone it will be noticeable mostly on the PK.

Another sign that things are bad is seeing a vet AHLer like Crabb up on the 2nd line and he looks good!!! man what has this come too??

Dobber Sports Veteran

1000 Views!! well that proves I am not the only loser in the world that likes this team....

Now Leafs this is the Oilers so WAKE THE F@#K UP!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    1000 Views!! well that proves I am not the only loser in the world that likes this team....

Now Leafs this is the Oilers so WAKE THE F@#K UP!!!
    So I got got home from work.. .saw score... how horribly are they playing?
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

not the best goaltending tonight on our side and Bhulin is standing on his head but we still suck!!! no one can bury the fricken puck!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dont look now but the Leafs actually lead the leauge in something!! No really they do! they have been shutout 6 times now which is the most by any team...another long year in store with no sign of hope coming!! Something has to be done!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

OK so last night a point was made that I suppose I didn't consider until I heard it. The game last night was a great test to see where the Leafs were actually at considering they were play the supposed worst team in the league (which is really them)

Well Boston fans rejoice looks like another top 5 pick AT LEAST is going to be yours!! Great deal for a guy that cant score a fricken goal! what a chump!! (when he gets hot I will be sure to be praising him, its all I have)

Anyways well we all know what the outcome of the game was and now I think it is safe to say that we are the worst team in the NHL. The funny thing last night I kept hearing though is the young Oilers. Young Oilers?? sure they are but Toronto is still the youngest team in the league with a team average of 26.1 years old.

As Leafs fans we expect a lot, I think we just dream of the days of 93' but its going to take time, unfortunately with NTC, and NMC and no good picks / prospects we just are not going to get better anytime soon. So strap yourselves in my fellow Leafs fans becuase its going to be a LONG and BUMPY ride!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!! never lose faith!
    Last edited by JD88; December 3, 2010 at 7:50 AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

It not going to work but its interesting to say the least

Phil Kessel might serve as a center during Toronto's game against Boston on Saturday.

Toronto is trying to bounce back after four straight losses, including a 5-0 defeat against Edmonton on Thursday. Kessel has 10 goals and 14 points in 24 games so far this season. This will add an extra layer of intrigue when Kessel faces his old teammates on Saturday. Kessel has no goals and just one point in seven games against the Bruins since being traded to Toronto.

Source: The Globe and Mail

Administrator

It not going to work but its interesting to say the least

Phil Kessel might serve as a center during Toronto's game against Boston on Saturday.

Toronto is trying to bounce back after four straight losses, including a 5-0 defeat against Edmonton on Thursday. Kessel has 10 goals and 14 points in 24 games so far this season. This will add an extra layer of intrigue when Kessel faces his old teammates on Saturday. Kessel has no goals and just one point in seven games against the Bruins since being traded to Toronto.

Source: The Globe and Mail
    It could give a short term boost but is not a good long term solution. Let's face it Kessel is a winger.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It could give a short term boost but is not a good long term solution. Let's face it Kessel is a winger.
    exactly!! But I am interested to see how he does at the dot!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

So the Leafs pull out the win and Kessel looked better than I thought he would at Centre. He was only 37.5% at the dot but he was against one of the best face-off teams in the league so that is respectable.

I like the guys that flanked him with Armstrong and Versteeg. I have said for weeks now that Versteegs imporved play should have had him back on the top line and I like the grit and hustle that Armstrong brings to the line. The two of them also are very solid defensive players that makes up for the one player in Kessel.

The blueline looked solid again and continues to prove two things one it is very much their strength and two we no longer need Kabby back there as he hasnt been anything special and when Phaneuf comes back Aulie has played well enough to prove he belongs!! As Lebda (horrific) the guy is not a good defenseman, not sure why he got so much hype in the D.

Giggy looked good again showing that the only thing that the Leafs seem to be missing is our offense!

As for Kadri he scored a beautiful shoot-out goal and had an assist on a play that showed you his offensive skills. He deserves to stay but the should stay on the line he is on which was more of a 3rd line not a 4th.

Last nights game gives me a little hope that as the guys like Armstrong, Brown and Phanuef work their way back we will become more of a complete team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

There is no clear news that will have him in the lineup tonight but this is what I could come up with, when I get more info I will pass it on.

Dion Phaneuf is cleared to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Phaneuf is ready to join his team after missing a lot of time with a cut to his leg. He participated in full practice on Sunday. If you have him on your team, wait a week to activate him as he may have some rust. Dec. 5 - 3:55 pm et

Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am happy that we are going to be getting back the captain but I hate to see Aulie get demoted or benched!! He has been a very solid addition defensively to the blueline and will be missed.

That said I think now is very much the time that we need to shop Kabby!! He is the odd man out here and we need help up front we all know that is the deal that has to be made but will it?? Come on Burke now is the time to pursue this and get him moved for the top line forward that we need!

I am huge fan of what Kaberle did for the Leafs but its time to move on and move forward!! the new PP point should be Phaneuf and Versteeg and I actually think it will do better with a 2nd option for a point shot, it should open things up for Phaneuf to get more through!!

I still say that, that one deal could change the Leafs whole year as it will help everything fall into place for the Leafs and we may just be able to not give the Bruins a top 5 pick!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Watch out Monster owners looks like it may be his year to take the #1 spot after all. Dont let tonights score fool you as he as actully played well, its just a mismtach of teams. But with Giggy out again (see below) it gives him another window to prove himself ready!

Jean-Sebastien Giguere has re-injured his groin.

Giguere returned to the Maple Leafs lineup on Thursday and he started in his first game since November 16th on Saturday. "He tweaked his groin the other night and we’re just being cautious. Gustavsson is going to play," said coach Ron Wilson. "Giguere is still working out. We don’t want to put him in a position where we think he could damage his groin anymore." Dec. 6 - 3:47 pm et

Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Monster has a Monster game!!! He is the reason they won the game tonight, he made all the big saves to keep the Leafs in it and shut down the big guns in the shutout! Great game for him.

Another game and another 2 goals for MacAruther and just after I put him on the bench for the week. Thanks Mac

Dobber Sports Stud

The Monster has a Monster game!!! He is the reason they won the game tonight, he made all the big saves to keep the Leafs in it and shut down the big guns in the shutout! Great game for him.

Another game and another 2 goals for MacAruther and just after I put him on the bench for the week. Thanks Mac
    No love for Mac - Kulemin - Grabo?

Either way, I (sue me) stopped watching after it was 4-1. Then next hting I know it's 4-4. Nice to see the leafs come back two games in a row to start off a 5 game stink against the top 5 in the East (BOS, PIT, WSH, MTL, PHI)
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)