Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am looking forward to seeing Kadri at the topline Centre tonight and also as a MacAruther fan I am excited to see him get a shot...here's hoping the gel!!!

We will still likley get killed as we normaly do by TB but anyways....GO LEAFS GO!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

kadri is going to score his first goal tonight

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    We will still likley get killed as we normaly do by TB but anyways....GO LEAFS GO!!!
    The refs sure are trying to make that happen.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well the Kadri experiment looked bad tonight he was horrible in the dot and really that whole line looked uninspired! I am really not liking the play the soft play of Kessel as of late his shot and explosivness is great but he has no heart!! we need a big tough talented centre!! Kadri looked much better on the wing.

Dobber Sports Ace

Has Kadri done a single decent play 5-on-5 to date? He's been terrible breaking into the zone and his 1-on-1's have been a far-cry from his junior days. Every game I've watched he has looked out of his element, only seems to excel on the PP.
    20 team h2h (multi-cat) dynasty league, 1st season
    C: Getzlaf, MacKinnon, Eakin, Backlund, Schroeder, Bjugstad, Miller, Gaustad
    LW: M Foligno, Wilson, Tatar, Bailey, Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Voracek, Frattin, Coyle, Clutterbuck
    D: Barrie, Del Zotto, Brodin, Vatanen, Gudas, Donovan, Murphy, Hamonic, Grossmann, Michalek
    G: Pavelec, Schneider, Enroth

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldnt say thats entirley true he has shown flashes of speed and hands and has made some very nice passes out side the PP I just think after seeing him tonight that he has too much on his plate at the Centre postion and he is horrible at faceoffs. The wing is where he needs to be but to say he has been bad 1 on 1 I wouldnt agree.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Guy in first has Ellis, Gagne and St. Louis....thanks a lot Leafs! :|!!!
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Guy in first has Ellis, Gagne and St. Louis....thanks a lot Leafs! :|!!!
    Who says the Leafs cant help you in fantasy hockey :P lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

One postive that came from last nights game is that despite the final score Gustavsson played a very solid game in the nets, that said if Giggy is ready to go I am sure that he will get the start.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Now for my Leafs Rant!!!

Or I should call it my Kessel Rant! I hate to centre out one guy but when he is paid as your top player and you trade 2 1st round draft picks for a guy then I think it safe to ask for a little more heart!!!

I have always defended the trade, never loved it but defended it atleast to say that Kessel was very young himself and had great talent, but my god talent means nothing if you dont play with heart.

So many times I see this guy sitting out front looking at his winger battle 2 or 3 opposing players in the corner to fight for the puck only to lose that battle and Kessel to skate off to the bench with his tail between his legs!! Schenn needs to take this punk out back and smack him around a bit and show him what heart and hardwork can do for your game!

I am really starting to think that unless he gets his shit together that Burke cuts his losses and see's what he can get for Kessel on the market becuase the more I watch the less I think a centre is going to help this guy!!

Why Leafs cant you do things like Atlanta (Never thought I would say that) but really they dont have a star player just guys that go out and compete on a nightly basis...

Too bad Brown didnt have any offensive talent becuase god knows that guy has heart! really guys like Vertsteeg, Brown, Orr, Schenn, Aulie, Gunarsson, Armstrong and Phaneuf (when healthy) Kully and Shoey these guys play with heart and they make up a great bottom 6 and solid D core but without a top 6 forward that gives a shit we will do nothing!!!!

Rant over! GO LEAFS GO!!

The Magnificent One

hey JD88,

So i havent really been following this thread just because i am not a leafs fan and i really dont own many. but wanted to know something about kulemin. i have him in one league picked up as my 5th LW behind, kovy, hall, cammy, carcillo.. but he is almost playing as of late like my best LW. sad to say i know since he only has 15 in 23 games. shows you how bad guys play when you think they are the best... but besides that still interested in your thoughts on what type of player he is. what we can expect. i wont be keeping him after this yr but i am curious to hear as we barely hear anything about him on the boards.

also good rant about kessel. i pegged this guy to be a 80-90 point guy. i think he could be even on the leafs. but the other day i looked at his stats and he has alot of goals but 4 assists. without getting assists he wont have too many points. i can see 45 goals and 20 - 25 assists.. not bad but he should be closer to 80 points.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kully is a great budding power forward I dont think that he is topline material but he plays with conviction and is always full of hustle. That said he has good speed, size and skills and when he was back in Russia he actully played on the same team as Malikn and was the teams leading point scorer infront of Malkin.

Now that wont happen at the NHL level but he will end up being a very solid 2nd line winger he is on pace for about 54 points and I think that is very atainable from him this year. I see his upside in the mid 60's which could come as early as next year.

But as for this year you can expect 55 points more of a 30/20 split with low PIMs and a decent +/- he was even last year which was something pretty impressive considering the team.

As for Kessel I sure hope is atleast an 80 point player at sometime or I am going to be very pissed off (Seguin...The real 1st OA pick!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interesting Note.

Rogers is reportedly in talks with the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan to buy their majority stake in Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment.

MLSE owns the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC, and the AHL Toronto Marlies. Rogers already owns the Toronto Blue Jays, so this deal would give them power over almost every major sports franchise in the city. The deal would reportedly also give Rogers ownership over the Leafs and Raptors TV channels, but not their real estate holdings. The Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan is reportedly asking for about $1.3 billion dollars from Rogers. The pension plan would neither confirm or deny the reports. Dec. 1 - 11:16 am et

Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is not big Fantasy news but this guy is a great player and will be missed in the lineup for all the little things he did. He was fearless when he blocked that shot last night and I cant wait to get him back in the lineup!!

Mike Brown will be sidelined for four to six weeks with a broken finger.

Brown suffered the injury in Tuesday's loss to Tampa Bay when he sprawled to block a shot from Pavel Kubina late in the third period. The hard-nosed winger has two points and 36 penalty minutes in 22 games this season.

Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    hey JD88,

So i havent really been following this thread just because i am not a leafs fan and i really dont own many. but wanted to know something about kulemin. i have him in one league picked up as my 5th LW behind, kovy, hall, cammy, carcillo.. but he is almost playing as of late like my best LW. sad to say i know since he only has 15 in 23 games. shows you how bad guys play when you think they are the best... but besides that still interested in your thoughts on what type of player he is. what we can expect. i wont be keeping him after this yr but i am curious to hear as we barely hear anything about him on the boards.
    I'll give my take on Kulemin.

I've liked him since he was a prospect as one of the few leafs who had the potential to score 30 goals un-helped (as in whether or not his teammates suck). He's shown flashes of utmost brillance and skill. He has a goal this year (one of his early ones) where he displays insane patience with the puck. Malkin has raved about his skill and predicts for him to be a star. Versteeg, when asked which Leaf might surprise this year, said Kulemin because (paraphrase) of his skill, hockey sence, speed and work ethic.

I personally saw Kulemin as a potential 25 goal guy this year, and potentially around 35 a few years from now. He should be a top 6 power-winger. He works hard, has a good defensive acumen, and has a good shot and some of his goals indicate very high skill. The WSH goal (I think it's against WSH, anyways) is an example, and he's had a few last year. His 1st NHL goal was on a breakaway in his 1st NHL game (against Detroit).

All in all, he's an underrated forward who can contribute 25 goals and perhaps 50-55 points (depending on linemates). I own him in my main keeper (sig) and he's arguably as good as E. Kane is right now (in fact, better +/-, more hits and less SOG's). Long term upside, I'd say he should be Loui Eriksson-lite (30-35g, 65-75p). Could be more if he gets prime minutes (top line) and his offensive confidence continues to rise.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)