Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wfactor View Post
    Quick Notes before the game
    Aulie called up to the big club, If i was the coach I'd play him with Phaneuf
    Reimer is getting the call in goal for the Leafs, while Hedberg gets it for NJD
    http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting...s-feb-10-2011/
    annnddd
    Lupul's debut as a leaf is tonight, I bet he snipes a G, and then he will be beloved by all leafs fan for at least 5 games
    Lupul will be playing with MacArthur, and Bozak
    Go LEAFS!!! lets get another two points here tonight boys
    Glad to see the Leafs have done the right thing and brought up Aulie and I doubt he plays with Phaneuf though I have said before I think it would be a good paring to let Phaneuf let lose a little more offensively and feel safe about it.

Also I am not fond of the lineup I really think that Wilson should be putting the Mac-Grab-Kul line back together and let Lupul play with Kessel not sure the reasoning here, also I want to see the Armstrong-Bozak-Versteeg line play a game together.

We are 8 points out and really have little hope but IF we keep posting wins you never know!!!

Go Leafs Go!

Dobber Sports Stud

Very disappointing OT loss to NJD
    Reimer played lights out, and the leafs still couldn't find a way to win in OT very disappointing, but ahh well, we did lose a point to the devils in the standings, but its better then losing two!

as for Reimer...wow other than that OT goal he played flippen amazing(only caught the third period i'll admit but looking at the stats for him, I doubt my assessment is off) I do think the Kovalchuk goal was a little weak, but it is Kovalchuk, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt
    Reimer stat line: 2GA 39S 37SVS 0.948SV% 64:36 TOI
    Lupul had his chances, but couldn't bury them. Give him time to adjust to his new team, and line-mates and I'm sure he will be just fine, I was to be honest just happy seeing him getting his chances
    Our team defense as a whole is pretty damn bad,hopefully it gets fixed when we get a new coach?!?(a man can dream okay?) just too many turnovers in our end, luckily we have Reims to stop em
    also, pretty pretty pretty pleaassee get someone who knows how to coach a powerplay, because lets be honest here, whenever we get a powerplay, I feel(actually I know) we play worse then when we play 5 on 5
    missed most of the game, so I don't have much else to say
    Lets go leafs!, onto Montreal
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

I will have my recap of the game in the morning solid game Reimer was very good, yes weak goal at the end but the man of the game was Aulie Great game from him (lead the team in hits with 7)

Dobber Sports Veteran

OK so the Leafs looked good last night. Yes there are still give always and the PP seems to still have issues getting it going but remember we are up from last place last year when it comes to the PP now 23rd in the league.

Lupul was solid last night you could tell that he was pressing a bit and still finding his way with his new team. Hell the guy couldn't even take the morning skate with the team so that was his first time on the ice with him and he still had about three quality scoring chances.

The newly formed Kes-Grab-Kul line was solid as well and the hustle of Grabo and Kully seem to be wearing off on Kessel as he has shown at least more determination as of late and made a beautiful hard nosed play to feed Kulemin for his 21st goal of the year.

The player that was the most impressive in his debut again was Aulie he did play with Phaneuf and they seem to fit well as Aulie had a very strong night and looks like he is going to be a premier shut -down type defenseman. Last night he lead the team in hits with 7 the next best was Schenn with 4 hits on the night. With Aulie in the line up and Schenn producing the way he has this the Leafs blue line is looking better all the time.

One noticeable missing player last night was Gunnersson that was a healthy scratch for Lebda. This to me is confusing as bad as he has been at times this year both Komisarik and Lebda have been worse and really we should be going with the youth here! That said they could be trying to showcase the two vets for a trade?? who knows but it wont be long before you see Gunnersson back in there thats for sure. Whats not for sure is if he fits into the top four anymore if Kaberle stays? If Kabby is moved then for sure he is but in the meantime he will slot on the third pairing.

Reimer what can I say about this kid that hasn't already been said by the play of the team when he is in the nets. He is calm, cool and collected in there. His rebound control is great for a rookies so you can only hope it gets better and what he lacks in flashiness he makes up for in positioning. The more he plays the more I think we have found our goalie of the future and makes you wonder if the Leafs do keep Giggy as a mentor (If he will sign for much less!)

Great game last night and another point the playoffs are a distant dream. But remember this my fellow Leafs fans the higher we finish the higher that 1st round pick is!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!
    Last edited by JD88; February 11, 2011 at 10:54 AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just a little something I noticed looking over the stats for all defensemen. Kaberle is 10th with 36 points and has a better plus-minus than 5 of the other top 10 defensmen. Not bad for an old Leaf hey!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another quick note that I heard watching the game last night is that when Kessel scores his 20th goal than Toronto will be only the 2nd team in the NHL with three 20 goal scores. The other is Dallas.

This just goes to show you that the team depth is getting better! hell MacAruther has more points than Bobby Ryan and Paul Stastny! and Grabvoski and Kulemin have more than Franzen, Tavares and Marleau and are both plus players.

It almost surprises you but looks like these guys are going to have start to get the recognition that they deserve what a great year for those three and the oldest one of the bunch Grabo is only 27 years old.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Another quick note that I heard watching the game last night is that when Kessel scores his 20th goal than Toronto will be only the 2nd team in the NHL with three 20 goal scores. The other is Dallas.

This just goes to show you that the team depth is getting better! hell MacAruther has more points than Bobby Ryan and Paul Stastny! and Grabvoski and Kulemin have more than Franzen, Tavares and Marleau and are both plus players.

It almost surprises you but looks like these guys are going to have start to get the recognition that they deserve what a great year for those three and the oldest one of the bunch Grabo is only 27 years old.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpo...p+Line&sent=go

Consider that there is only 1 line ahead of them as of now (Sedin - Sedin - Burrows). So as a line, they are performing beautifully. Probably related to the fact they've played together for nearly all of this year, but to produce at that level as a line is pretty impressive.

A note - the Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel line from last year, after some calculations were on par with the top SJ and ANA lines production wise.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Like JD mentioned I've been very impressed with the amount of twenty goal scorers we have, or will very soon have. Considering this team was supposed to have trouble scoring
    MacArthur is on pace for 25G
    Kulemin is on pace for 31G!
    Grabovski is on pace for 33G!
    Kessel is on pace for 28G(but should finish with 30+ when he goes on a hot streak)
    Versteeg is on pace for 21G, and should reach that mark
    thats pretty amazing considering this teams offense was supposed to absolutely horrid, and for them to finish with five 20+ goal scorers and maybe three 30 goal scorers, I'd be happy

just think last season the only person to top twenty goals was Kessel, and Hagman(who was traded to Calgary in that blockbuster!)
    and people say our team hasnt really gotten better
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good stuff guys, thanks for the analysis. It's funny, a few months ago Shoeless was asking for some advice on a depth center who could give him some goals and PIM's and I suggested Grabbo over Cal O Reilly only to get laughed at & mocked by several posters. If only I could pick lottery numbers so well.....

Dobber Sports Veteran

Giggy starting tonight.
    Armstrong out for about a week.
    Gustavsson is on the AHL IL with heart problems again.

Dobber Sports Stud

Giggy starting tonight.
    Armstrong out for about a week.
    Gustavsson is on the AHL IL with heart problems again.
    thats not good about the last two things, Armstrong was just looking really good
    hopefully the gus can figure out his heart problems...whatever girl is causing this should get a talking to, never break a man hearts twice, lol couldnt resist
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Veteran

An article on the best OHL defensemen and guess who is #2!!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...en_in_the_ohl/

Dobber Sports Stud

An article on the best OHL defensemen and guess who is #2!!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...en_in_the_ohl/
    lovin that article, im pleasantly surprised by Blacker being second, may the leafs finally had a steal at the draft!
    I've got three D outta of the top ten in one of my deep leagues
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Veteran

Game Recap:

The Leafs looked so so last night I cant say that they looked bad but what did look bad and lead to the loss was their defensive zone coverage too many people standing still and looking at the puck which lead to at least two of the goals.

I was begging and yelling at the T.V. (Wilson) to put the Mac-Grab-Kul line back together as the move hasn't worked out for anyone so it was nice to see him do that in the 3rd period. Those three guys have a chemistry that he should just stick with! I was also interested to see Lupul with Kessel. It was such a small sample that we will have to wait till the next game to see if they will click.

Giguere was not overly impressive and really seems to be playing himself into a backup role and smaller contract. He is for sure not help his chances of a trade and with Gustavsson injuries I am no so sure the Leafs move him now.

Not so sure how long I can stand looking at Lebda on the ice. I cant stand his game and I am not sure what Wilson is doing with Gurnersson sitting is not doing much for his confidence and really we are a young team and everyone is make defensive mistakes so why not have him out there learning with the rest. Like I said the only reason that I see Wilson playing Lebda is in hopes that another team will like what they see and want him (Doubt it)

Aulie played about 23 minutes last night and even a short stint on the PP he looked solid again last night. he and Phaneuf were only defense pair that were not a minus on the night and I really still think that Aulie is going to do wonders for Phaneufs game.

I would look for Reimer next game and hopefully Gunnersson too! Still only eight points out of a playoff spot so there is still a legit chance if we can get on a roll!!

Go Leafs Go!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just a quick chim in on this deal....

Versteeg was bound to go somewhere as his name was thrown around so much and I am very happy once again with the return. The picks were much needed as we all know in Leaf land and its nice to have a 1st round pick back!!!!

Keep at it Burke!