Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Schenn has been our best player over the course of the season so far in my opinion. It really looks like last year was just a sophmore slump and nothing else. He is back to his rookie form and then some.
    Apart from goaltending and possibly Grabovsky/Kulemin/MacArthur, Schenn is the best player on the team. He's the best defenceman by miles, that's for sure. Kaberle's right behind him.

When Schenn is in the ice, I've seen him oh so often when the opposition has the puck force that same player on the boards, then behind our icing line, and then get the puck out to his defensive partner. His positionning is outstanding. He's had a few mistakes (Kesler's goal from the VAN game comes to mind), but when he's on the ide, I don't cringe. His offensive game is moving nicely too : his goal from the Nashville game is proof of it. Finally RW is using him on the PP instead of Komisarek (I mean, at least Schenn has a shot that hits the net and a pass that isn't slow).

Schenn should be good for around 25-30 points this year. He's already eating minutes (only Beauchemin (general shutdown pair) and Kaberle (PP time) get more). And he's 20 (or 21) years old. And he's already out best defenceman and arguably one of the top defensive defenceman out there today. He's playing smart, doesn't take unnecessary risk, and is starting to gain offensive confidence. Wonder how much he'll sign for?
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

The Great One

With Philly's cap committed to certain players (didn't want to say cap problems)and Philly'slooming free agents and without an experienced/capable goalie....would it be silly to suggest Leino for Giguere at the deadline???

I don't think so! Giguere to Philly makes sense (especially if we aren't in the playoffs by the deadline) and it appears Leino is the odd man....

Something to keep your eye on anyways

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not so sure about Giggy for Leino they make good partners thats for sure but if Leighton comes back and plays half decent then they will have a solid 1 2 in Bob's and Leigthon as for Leino I dont think he is what the Leafs need. Dont get me wrong we are weak up front but we need top line players and Leino is a 2nd line player which we are full at this time...Bozak, Kully, Grabs, MacAruther, even potential Armstorng....The trade that never was (Carter for Kaberle) would be great for the team even though I love Kaberle it would have been a good move had Kabelre allowed it

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    With Philly's cap committed to certain players (didn't want to say cap problems)and Philly'slooming free agents and without an experienced/capable goalie....would it be silly to suggest Leino for Giguere at the deadline???

I don't think so! Giguere to Philly makes sense (especially if we aren't in the playoffs by the deadline) and it appears Leino is the odd man....

Something to keep your eye on anyways
    Well, how does Leino help Philly's cap problems? And considering Giggy has a 6 million cap hit this year (iirc), that won't help one tad. Add that to the fact that Giguere has a NMC (and we know Burke and NMC's along with the story of Giguere's son and how he would only waive it for California or Toronto), and I don't think that could happen at all.

If it were to happen, you can say byebye to Hartnell or Carter, as Burke won't gun for anyone else. Both fit the big power forward type we need on that top line. Carter would be ideal, but he's negociating a big contract extension, which can't bode well.

I just don't think Philly has a player that we would want that is expendable, and I think even less that Giguere will be traded (for humanitarian reasons : for practical reasons it's a no-brainer - he's a good goalie, he's a rental and could greatly benefit a playoff run for another organisation. Not to mention with Gustafsson playing the way he is, that he could be as good, if not better, then Giguere if we were to go on a run for the playoffs.

And JD covered it well : we don't need more 2nd line guys... we have too many of them already.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm a huge leafs fan as well and I'd like to add that, Kulemin, is honestly such a dominating forward for the leafs, and every shift he makes somthing happen out there, its amazing to watch considering this guy gets hardly any love at all
    I went to the Buffalo leafs game a while back and i watched him all game, he looked really good in every situation
    O also grabo gives the puck away way to much for my liking, but he does have good skillz offensivly to make up for it
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wfactor View Post
    I'm a huge leafs fan as well and I'd like to add that, Kulemin, is honestly such a dominating forward for the leafs, and every shift he makes somthing happen out there, its amazing to watch considering this guy gets hardly any love at all
    I went to the Buffalo leafs game a while back and i watched him all game, he looked really good in every situation
    O also grabo gives the puck away way to much for my liking, but he does have good skillz offensivly to make up for it
    I agree completley with Kully he is a hell of a player big, strong quick and has good hands. That line has really impressed me this year everytime I think that one of is about to slow down they post up points! Its funny to say but the Leafs I think actually are 1 top line C away from having their top six.

Kessel-?????-Kadri
    Kully-Grabo-Mac

Thats actually pretty solid!! IF you can fill that blank acompany that with a solid D and good goaltending Finally and I think we should be able to atleast fight for a playoff spot

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I agree completley with Kully he is a hell of a player big, strong quick and has good hands. That line has really impressed me this year everytime I think that one of is about to slow down they post up points! Its funny to say but the Leafs I think actually are 1 top line C away from having their top six.

Kessel-?????-Kadri
    Kully-Grabo-Mac

Thats actually pretty solid!! IF you can fill that blank acompany that with a solid D and good goaltending Finally and I think we should be able to atleast fight for a playoff spot
    Can't say enough good tihngs about Kulemin. He's received praise from a few NHL players (Malkin, Versteeg), and his combination of speed (fastest player on the team if you don't count John "Nothin' but Wheels" Mitchell), work ethic, size and - most importantly - skill, is simply amazing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 25 goals this year, then around 35 next year, and stay in that 35-40 goal range.

He had this goal a few games back, can't remember against who, where he displayed great patience with the puck and it was a beauty of a move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lCSGYdAzsw

Seriously, tell me you didn't think that was Malkin for just a second there.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another good article on the Leafs need to start winning at home again!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-wants-success

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jonas Gustavsson is expected to start both games of Toronto's upcoming back-to-back situation.
    "We've had a number of days off, so it's not like back-to-backs should be a problem for him," coach Ron Wilson said. The Leafs play in Buffalo on Friday before heading to Ottawa to take on the Senators on Saturday. Minor-league call-up James Reimer has not been told if he will get the opportunity to start his first career NHL game during his current stint with the team.

Source: Toronto Sun

I figured that he would start both this weekend look for the split to start next week, but dont be surprised if Wilson keeps with the hot hand if the monster can keep ot up!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is a link to a great article on Kadri and how he expected to make this type of impact. He has been the best Leaf since he joined the team and looks more and more like he belongs at this level.

http://www.640toronto.com/Blogs/EatS...tryID=10166740

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here's something for you guys to debate in the slow Leafs week....

What is the worst trade in Leafs History:

a) Russ Courtnall for John Kordic
    b) Coliacavo + Steen for Stepniak

For years I have said (a) I think that deal scared me in my youth but now to me the Cliff Flecter Swan Song Deal is by far the worst to me!!

What yours one of these or can you trump it!!

Administrator

3/13/1996 New York Islanders traded Wendel Clark, Mathieu Schneider and D.J. Smith to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Darby Hendrickson, Sean Haggerty, Kenny Jonsson and 1st round selection (Roberto Luongo) in 1997.

http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?1205

One name in that list stands out LOL!!!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    3/13/1996 New York Islanders traded Wendel Clark, Mathieu Schneider and D.J. Smith to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Darby Hendrickson, Sean Haggerty, Kenny Jonsson and 1st round selection (Roberto Luongo) in 1997.

http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?1205

One name in that list stands out LOL!!!
    This one was actually good for the Leafs!! #17 FOREVER

Dobber Sports Veteran

How about the worst trade not made: Kaberle for Carter
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    How about the worst trade not made: Kaberle for Carter
    I agree with that one too!!!! ouch!!

EDIT: Its not like we need a #1 centre