Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Wizard

Why would he want to be traded when his wife has already planned his vacation?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Why would he want to be traded when his wife has already planned his vacation?
    LOL another Sundin move man I hope we are not watching the same thing all over again!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    LOL another Sundin move man I hope we are not watching the same thing all over again!
    I actually can't understand why Kabby wont waive his no trade clause or even ask to be traded cause honestly he is going to be a FA, and he could maybe win a cup if he gets traded to a contender, sure he could sign with a contender during the off season but if he plays with a team for the end of the season and playoffs he could maybe use it as bargaining piece and increase his price
    makes no sense to me:S
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wfactor View Post
    I actually can't understand why Kabby wont waive his no trade clause or even ask to be traded cause honestly he is going to be a FA, and he could maybe win a cup if he gets traded to a contender, sure he could sign with a contender during the off season but if he plays with a team for the end of the season and playoffs he could maybe use it as bargaining piece and increase his price
    makes no sense to me:S
    You and me both!! but it seems to be the way in TO? really we are still suffering from JFJ contracts! I know that Burke said that JFJ had to offer these deals to get guys to sign with TO but inturn we dont want them here?? really other than Kaberle we could have done without the others like McCabe at the time (For example) Kaberle and Sundin were both long time Leafs and I am sure did not need a NTC? I could be wrong?

Dobber Sports Wizard

You could be, but I think it's fair to assume Sundin wqsn't going to play anywhere else.

Kabs doesn't care. I think not disrupting his family life is more important to him.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think that this guy has been reading my stuff in the forum or at least drinking the same cool-aid. Decent read and very reflective of my thoughts. Though there are some differences I still say that we need two top line forwards and two defensemen. I do not think that we need a veteran goalie although I know that some of you do.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551435

Dobber Sports Stud

thoughts on the game
    First - keep Reimer up, and give him the reigns.period
    Kessel had a really solid game, tons of shots on goal, and was buzzing on the rush, I feel a hot streak coming on very soon, keep tabs on him
    I HAVE to give a shout out to Tim Brent, one of the greatest PK efforts Ive seen in a very long time, like 3 blocks, and they were off of the stick of Eric Staal(who's no slouch)
    Boyce has a really good game, he got a good goal, by rushing Pitkanen, and blocking his clearing attempt and putting his shot around the shoulder of Cam Ward, he didn't play much in the 3rd though, I don't really know why, any info out there?
    Armstrong, and Versteeg, I feel are getting really good chemistry together, and should create a nice 3rd line, so if we find a center for Kessel we will have 3 solid offensive lines
    Reimer didn't face a ton of shots till the 3rd where he faced 12 shots, though he came up big when called upon, and thats what Toronto has been lacking in their goalies for the past few seasons

all around, a great team effort, and heres to it continuing
    GO LEAFS GO!
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wfactor View Post
    thoughts on the game
    First - keep Reimer up, and give him the reigns.period
    Kessel had a really solid game, tons of shots on goal, and was buzzing on the rush, I feel a hot streak coming on very soon, keep tabs on him
    I HAVE to give a shout out to Tim Brent, one of the greatest PK efforts Ive seen in a very long time, like 3 blocks, and they were off of the stick of Eric Staal(who's no slouch)
    Boyce has a really good game, he got a good goal, by rushing Pitkanen, and blocking his clearing attempt and putting his shot around the shoulder of Cam Ward, he didn't play much in the 3rd though, I don't really know why, any info out there?
    Armstrong, and Versteeg, I feel are getting really good chemistry together, and should create a nice 3rd line, so if we find a center for Kessel we will have 3 solid offensive lines
    Reimer didn't face a ton of shots till the 3rd where he faced 12 shots, though he came up big when called upon, and thats what Toronto has been lacking in their goalies for the past few seasons

all around, a great team effort, and heres to it continuing
    GO LEAFS GO!
    Agreed with all these things and I will be posting my thoughts in the AM but they will echo alot of the above the team just plays more confident and relaxed in front of Reimer!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Agreed with all these things and I will be posting my thoughts in the AM but they will echo alot of the above the team just plays more confident and relaxed in front of Reimer!
    I'm gunna start calling it the Reimer effect, because it's amazing how much better the team on whole plays in front of him, compared to either Jiggy/the swedish Goose
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ok So Ron Wilson in his typical I hate my players fashion stole the thunder from his young netminder Reimer after posting his first ever career shutout by saying it had nothing to do with him. Great move Wilson that will do wonders for his confidence but I am guessing that you’re trying to make the old vet goalie feel better about himself, that would be my concern???

Really what is Wilson trying to do here? Reimer was solid last night and still had to make a respectable 28 saves. The team as a whole plays better with the kid in the net. His calm, cool deminer makes the whole team feel more confident and if it was just one game then there would be no merit in it but it’s not just one game its every time Reimer starts a game. His persona is taken on by the whole team and they look more relaxed and don’t seem to be over playing but keeping it simple and in hand. He is only one win back from Gustavsson and half way to Giguere’s win totals and he has played less than half the games that they have.

Watching his game last night you could say that he is a younger Cam Ward not known but for his flashy saves (expect for the one last night) but a very square goalie that plays his angles well and always seems to be in the right position to make the save.
    Wilson needs to recognize what he has here and that’s a young team that plays for their respect because really the play-offs are a very long shot and respect is all they have left to play for. So why knock them down ala-Nazem-Kadri.

The other thing that stood out in last night’s game was the play of Phil Kessel. He went into this game with a chip on his shoulder for sure after being shunned at the All-Star game by Eric Staal and his comments. He was all over the ice using his great speed and stick handling and it was easily his best game in a very long time and he didn’t even register a point. Though I am sure that Leaf fans in general could accept pointless games like that one (At least for awhile) all kidding aside it was a great game from Kessel and we can only hope as Leafs fans that he gets insulted like that before every game.

Lastly how could anyone have watched that game last night and not have noticed what was one of the best defensive shifts since the old BOZ line. What a great defensive showing by Tim Brent with three blocked shots off the stick of Eric Staal in a crucial part of the game. It’s great to see that heart on the team and he is a role player that is going to make this team better the one that every team needs and will be a part of a very solid fourth line with Brown and Orr going forward.

All and all great game last night the entire team looked strong and we can only hope for this kind of a showing down the stretch as we try to salvage our dignity.

Go Leafs Go!

Dobber Sports Veteran

From Rotoworld.

Jonas Gustavsson has been sent to the AHL Toronto Marlies for conditioning purposes.
    Gustavsson's on-ice struggles combined with the rise of netminder James Reimer has caused Gustavsson to dip to third on the Leafs' depth charts. Having three goaltenders on the active roster isn't something any NHL team wants to put up with for long and the Leafs will avoid that problem for a little while by having Gustavsson spend two weeks in the minors.

Source: Toronto Star

Well it took a shut-out by the kid but it happened and its a good thing for "The Monster" hopefully now we can dish Giggy and move forward with Reimer and a more confident Gus!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well I suppose that's what you get when you take your young growing star netmineder and tell him that his play had nothing to do with his first career shutout. I hope in turn Wilson tells him that he had nothing to do with the loss last night too because the defensive play was garbage.

The Leafs were beaten to the puck all night long and just didn't seem to have any legs even though it was Buffalo playing the back-to-back.

In general they looked awful last night in my opinion the best player on the ice last night for the Leafs was Boyce he had the most jump of them all.

Good new is I hear that there is strong interest in Beuachimin on the trade market so it seems likely that he will be moved, as well Kaberle and Versteeg contiue to garnish lots of interest I think it would be a great move to move Beauch and Kabby but it would make no sense to me to move Versteeg unless someone was willing to over pay!

I will keep you posted as it comes in!
    Last edited by JD88; February 6, 2011 at 9:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm sorry I know that this just sounds like a whinny suck but I really think that Wilson has to go and that his players really! dont like him. I read this on rotoworld.com

Phil Kessel made some interesting comments on Sunday after being benched for portions of Saturday's 6-2 loss against Buffalo.
    When asked whether he and coach Ron Wilson had discussed the situation at all, Kessel said "No, me and Ron don't really talk. That's all I have to say about that." When the focus shifted to Kessel's recent slump, the sniper stated simply "I don't really know what to say about that any more. I'm trying. Obviously, it's not going right. It might not be working out here. What are you going to do?" The frustration is evident, but with a contract the size of his, it's safe to say that Kessel isn't going anywhere so he'll have to figure out a way to make in work in Toronto.

Source: TSN.ca

Dobber Sports Veteran

Giggy will start tonight and it looks like FINALLY they have formed the line Armstrong-Bozak-Versteeg. I think this is going to be a very solid defensive/energy line that can score too! Kessel is going to play with Boyce as his centre...oh how far he has fallen!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Luke Schenn played over 27 minutes in last night's 5-4 win over Atlanta.

Burkes buddy Mike Komisarek played 8:49 minutes. I can't believe how much I hated this signing when it happened and now I want to tear off his ****in head. Terrible, terrible, terrible signing.