Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

The Great One

The picks are nice, but I love the fact that we didn't take on any salary coming back! Burke freed up roughly 6M over 2 years.

This trade means we can actually partake in the draft on June 24th, and make a bigger splash in the "other" draft on July 1st.

With just over 24M available in cap space for next year we will have tons of cash to throw around.

Dobber Sports Icon

24 million in cap space doesn't help when people don't want to play for your coach.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    24 million in cap space doesn't help when people don't want to play for your coach.
    I am going to go on a limb and say he isnt the coach to start the year next year?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I am going to go on a limb and say he isnt the coach to start the year next year?
    Do you really think Burkie will get rid of his BFF?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Do you really think Burkie will get rid of his BFF?
    LOL.....If he wants to keep his job yes!!

Also a side note its not Kadri or Brunstrom coming up for Versteeg its Christian Hanson.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Leaf aquired Aaron Voros for a 7th round pick.

I like it a 7th is not much to lose and Voros is a 29 year old tough guy who played some decent hockey with the Rangers. This is teh type of player that Burke likes and it helps that he was in Anaheim

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great game tonight the Leafs played solid for about 52 minutes after a slow start.

Grabo and Kessel both had very strong games with two goals each and Grabo getting the game winner after it looked as though he would be done for the night after a second big hit from Chara that had Grabovski barley able to make it back to the bench. None the less he came out split the D with a great move and top shelfed over Thomas's shoulder on the short side for the win!

Reimer showed again tonight that he is the real deal as he continues to impresse making 32 saves including a huge save in the dying seconds. Clutch saves are something that the Leafs have been missing for a long time and he has been able to come up with a few in hos short time with the club. That win gives him 7 on the year with 6 of them on the road which is also another great sign going forward!!

Also earlier today Burke confirmed that Kaberle gave him a list (well a team) that he would be willing to waive his NTC to go to and thats none other than BOS. Nothing is confirmed as of yet but a deal from what I have heard seems likely between the clubs and some are saying that it could be confirmed as early as tonight/tomorrow morning stay tuned!! My guess is we get our 1st back but we'll see!

Go Leafs Go!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Great game tonight the Leafs played solid for about 52 minutes after a slow start.

Grabo and Kessel both had very strong games with two goals each and Grabo getting the game winner after it looked as though he would be done for the night after a second big hit from Chara that had Grabovski barley able to make it back to the bench. None the less he came out split the D with a great move and top shelfed over Thomas's shoulder on the short side for the win!

Reimer showed again tonight that he is the real deal as he continues to impresse making 32 saves including a huge save in the dying seconds. Clutch saves are something that the Leafs have been missing for a long time and he has been able to come up with a few in hos short time with the club. That win gives him 7 on the year with 6 of them on the road which is also another great sign going forward!!

Also earlier today Burke confirmed that Kaberle gave him a list (well a team) that he would be willing to waive his NTC to go to and thats none other than BOS. Nothing is confirmed as of yet but a deal from what I have heard seems likely between the clubs and some are saying that it could be confirmed as early as tonight/tomorrow morning stay tuned!! My guess is we get our 1st back but we'll see!

Go Leafs Go!!
    I was really impressed by Kessel tonight, he could have easily had a hat trick, and was all over the place in the Offensive zone. He has really looked quite comfortable lately playing with his new linemates and ever since his media soap opera with ronnie wilson he has turned the afterburners on.

Grabovski showed amazing resilience after getting hit twice hard by Chara both shots to the head, his first goal was a simple finish into a empty net, but his second one...WOW, what a Beauty.

Another strong Forward for Toronto was Tyler Bozak he showed really good speed all game, and was playing really well with his linemates Kessel, and the newest leaf Lupul, can he finally be turning a offensive corner we leaf fans can hope!

and Aulie had a so so game, he made a few mistakes late in the game, with that penalty and a few giveaways which isn't a great thing to see, but since they won, its all water under the bridge now. Though I'll make a point of watching him next game, to see if he has a bounce back

one thing I did not like seeing was Komisarek playing on the PK....i was scared

Good game leafs and now another two points toward a playoff spot!
    GO LEAFS GO!!!
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wfactor View Post
    I was really impressed by Kessel tonight, he could have easily had a hat trick, and was all over the place in the Offensive zone. He has really looked quite comfortable lately playing with his new linemates and ever since his media soap opera with ronnie wilson he has turned the afterburners on.

Grabovski showed amazing resilience after getting hit twice hard by Chara both shots to the head, his first goal was a simple finish into a empty net, but his second one...WOW, what a Beauty.

Another strong Forward for Toronto was Tyler Bozak he showed really good speed all game, and was playing really well with his linemates Kessel, and the newest leaf Lupul, can he finally be turning a offensive corner we leaf fans can hope!

and Aulie had a so so game, he made a few mistakes late in the game, with that penalty and a few giveaways which isn't a great thing to see, but since they won, its all water under the bridge now. Though I'll make a point of watching him next game, to see if he has a bounce back

one thing I did not like seeing was Komisarek playing on the PK....i was scared

Good game leafs and now another two points toward a playoff spot!
    GO LEAFS GO!!!
    I felt that Aulie had a very strong overall game again he had 1 bad penalty which happens to the best of them but he looked great out there again last night IMO

Dobber Sports Stud

I felt that Aulie had a very strong overall game again he had 1 bad penalty which happens to the best of them but he looked great out there again last night IMO
    I should probably explain what I meant
    His 1st,2nd,and a bit of his 3rd were good, I was just mentioning that late game, he made a few mistakes
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

With JD88 stepping down, there will be an announcement soon enough regarding his replacement. Stay tuned.

326 posts - 33 pages, amazing!

You will be missed JD!

Take care,
    GMG
    Last edited by GMGates; February 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates