Thread: Gomez

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Gomez

I might consider getting Gomez. Why? Because I think vancouver will sign Gomez this offseason and he\'ll rack up a bunch of points with them. I\'d be a perfect fit and vancouver will have the cap room. Gomez in Vancouver would rip it up!!
    10 team / 4 players + 1D +1G Keeper League / Weekly H2H
    Categories G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, FOW, Shots, Hits, W, S%, SHO
    Daily Lineup: 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 1W, 3D, 1G
    Last year's Keepers: C Getzlaf C Duchene RW P. Kane C,LW,RW Pavelski D Keith G Price
    Practice Squad: C Draisaitl, C/RW Scheifele, C/RW E. Lindholm, C/RW R Strome, C/RW Zibanejad, RW Toffoli

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:Gomez

It\'s a guessing game as to where Gomez will end up - but if you can get him cheap enough then he is likely going to be worth it no matter where he ends up playing. Do you think the Canucks are looking for another centre?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Louis23 wrote:
    I might consider getting Gomez. Why? Because I think vancouver will sign Gomez this offseason and he\'ll rack up a bunch of points with them. I\'d be a perfect fit and vancouver will have the cap room. Gomez in Vancouver would rip it up!!
    Where exactly is VAN getting this cap room from? They are so tight against the cap that last year they did not even field a full roster for part of the year to save $$$$. This year looks to be no different. Gomez will likely get $6M+. That is $4M+ out of Van price range & VAN needs a scoring winger not a playmaking centre.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'m not so sure that teams will go as high as $6 million for Gomez, particularly considering his injury for a significant portion of last season. However, he did make $5 million last year, and he probably won\'t take a pay cut. Like WhatThePuck? says, Vancouver will not have the cap room, unless then can also dump some other salary.

If you\'re looking to predict where Gomez will go, I would look at who has not only the need, but also the room. I would guess that Florida, LA and Columbus could all be players. You can probably rule out NJ, Vancouver, Buffalo, and a couple others purely based on money.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction