Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game analysis: Give me your requests!

Dobber Sports Sage

Lightbulb Game analysis: Give me your requests!

One of the things I've mentioned I will bring to you is in depth game analysis. I can select games myself, but I figured I'd open it up to you guys and see which teams you want analyzed.

Let's hear it!
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Veteran

Giving that I am a Leafs fan and that they play NSH tomorrow a team that employs 3 on my sig team I say the TOR vs NSH game tomorrow! I love to hear outside opinions of what the Leafs require or how you may have thought they played that night.

The Magnificent One

I would love to get a read on ANA and ryan situation. i know you gave a breakdown with lupul the other day but i am curious how there game situation plays out.

Seems like ryan is on the top line but then not.. wierd by watching the box scores. would love to hear thoughts.

Got tons others.. but lets start with ANA.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey man,

I'd love to hear some thoughts on the Islanders!

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks guys. Please keep them coming. I've got the following lined up as potentials:

11/16 - TOR vs NSH
    11/16 - ANA @ DAL
    11/17 - ANA @ MIN
    11/17 - NYI vs TB
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I would love to get a read on ANA and ryan situation. i know you gave a breakdown with lupul the other day but i am curious how there game situation plays out.

Seems like ryan is on the top line but then not.. wierd by watching the box scores. would love to hear thoughts.

Got tons others.. but lets start with ANA.
    I know I'm not dub, but pretty close and I watch almost every Ducks game.

The reason for the confusion with Ryan is basically Carlyle. He is a matchup coach with a quick trigger finger. If your line does not produce or doesn't look good enough on a shift-to-shift basis he will mix and match up the lines. Beleskey is hurt right now, (who once occupied that spot with Getzlaf/Perry on the top line) so Ryan plays primarily there at even strength. He does however get double shifted and ends up seeing some minutes with Marchant on the 3rd line at the expense of Bonino or Palmieri. A more relevant statistic is TOI which Ryan is usually top 3 for forwards along with Getzlaf and Perry. And Since Fowler has come back he has secured #1PP duties, so Ryan is stuck on PP#2 with Koivu/Blake up front.

When Beleskey returns, and Sexton, and Lupul the Ducks lines will be crazy and I can not reasonably predict what line combinations will be formed as none of these players have all been on the team + healthy at the same time. But my guess is Jason Blake is the odd man out and his ice time will go down considerably whereas Ryan will float between lines 1 and 2 like usual.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would be interested in hearing game analysis for Dallas and Columbus. Particularly their situation on defence when it comes to fantasy help. Find depth d-men in our league is tough but Dallas and Columbus currently only have one dman owned each (Robidas and Stralman). I am interested to see if there is an active NHL player that I should be keeping an eye on both for some help this year but also the potential for help in the future.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hey man,

I'd love to hear some thoughts on the Islanders!
    Making anybody watch the Isles is just mean.

No rush on this but if you get a chance to watch the Blues, I'd be interested. They're balanced scoring is driving me crazy.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Lot of good stuff here. I would like to pick a game where someone is interested in both sides, instead of one particular team, which makes my current choices either TOR/NSH or ANA/DAL.

Teams I will keep in mind for future reviews (depending on which game I decide on first) will include:

NY Islanders
    Anaheim
    St Louis
    Nashville
    Toronto
    Dallas
    Columbus

Just looking at current games tonight, STL vs COL really catches my eye. If I have time, I might grab that one, otherwise I'll check out a game tomorrow night.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post
    Lot of good stuff here. I would like to pick a game where someone is interested in both sides, instead of one particular team, which makes my current choices either TOR/NSH or ANA/DAL.

Teams I will keep in mind for future reviews (depending on which game I decide on first) will include:

NY Islanders
    Anaheim
    St Louis
    Nashville
    Toronto
    Dallas
    Columbus

Just looking at current games tonight, STL vs COL really catches my eye. If I have time, I might grab that one, otherwise I'll check out a game tomorrow night.

if you want a game for tonight i would love a review of the NJ vs BOS.

kovy, clarkson, brodeur in perticular.. as well as lines.

to me with langenbrunner out clarkson should be on top line with kovy and zajac but i know it isnt happening. they are playing a rookie there.. man his name is too hard to type and remember. wondering how brodeur looks.. they say his elbow still bothers him but can play through it... but give him limited time in practice. so curious to see how he REALLY looks.

and then on BOS side would love to see how they are using horton. he seems to be top line but not top Powerplay unit. not understanding that.

i am going to try to watch some of the game myself but most likely only a few mins here and there.

thanxs
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    if you want a game for tonight i would love a review of the NJ vs BOS.

kovy, clarkson, brodeur in perticular.. as well as lines.

to me with langenbrunner out clarkson should be on top line with kovy and zajac but i know it isnt happening. they are playing a rookie there.. man his name is too hard to type and remember. wondering how brodeur looks.. they say his elbow still bothers him but can play through it... but give him limited time in practice. so curious to see how he REALLY looks.

and then on BOS side would love to see how they are using horton. he seems to be top line but not top Powerplay unit. not understanding that.

i am going to try to watch some of the game myself but most likely only a few mins here and there.

thanxs
    I think the last time I watched Horton play, he was on the #1 PP, but on the point. I could be wrong, but I'll take this game into consideration too.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Recruit

Horton is Boston's #1 offence option right now, yes he is on the #1 PP unit.
    Lucic, Horton, Bergeron sometimes Seguin. (I call BS Burke, of course you don't make that trade if you had a do over. You really think we are that dumb. We are not Vancouver or Anahiem fans )
    There's a topic for you Dub. How the leafs have destroyed a franchise circa 1970 and have continued to do it every year since. That should fill up a few pages

Dobber Sports Monster

It's a ways off still, and not sure if this would be worth anything or interested to do , but a analysis of the Winter Classic games, maybe a precursor leading up to the Winter Classic this year, maybe retro back and give some feedback / history of the last couple seasons Winter Classic to get us warmed up if you will for this year's Classic , and then ultimately give analysis on this years classic games..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    It's a ways off still, and not sure if this would be worth anything or interested to do , but a analysis of the Winter Classic games, maybe a precursor leading up to the Winter Classic this year, maybe retro back and give some feedback / history of the last couple seasons Winter Classic to get us warmed up if you will for this year's Classic , and then ultimately give analysis on this years classic games..
    Not a bad idea. I do like that Shakedown...funny thing is though, that HBO is doing their documentary this year, so I think the amount of coverage on Ovechkin and Crosby will be huge already. I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not sure how much unique information I can give since every tidbit will likely already be covered. Again though, I appreciate it!
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post

NY Islanders
    Anaheim
    St Louis
    Nashville
    Toronto
    Dallas
    Columbus

I'd love to hear about J.Benn... do the Dallas game... forget the Maple Lafs
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg