Thread: "Tea Time with Dean Youngblood"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default "Tea Time with Dean Youngblood"

Praba and GMGates have so kindly asked me to contribute to their section - "PG Advised" and there was no way that I was going to say no to these ambitious dudes. I am amazed at how much time and effort they have contributed to their section in just a few days so I am going to invest some time in their plans as well.

What is Youngblood going to contribute?

After discussing with GMGates about my direction, I came to the conclusion that I would provide an array of different services to this section under the heading "Tea Time with Dean Youngblood".

I will provide information to the (new and experienced) hockey fans that they might not know and will come to appreciate it. About a month ago, I had started a thread in the main forum that looked at facts/stats "On this Day In Hockey History" where I posted what happened on that specific glorious day in hockey. I received some encouraging comments so I will continue to post daily "On this Day in Hockey History (ongoing)" in the PG Advised Section.

Behind the Title "Tea Time with Dean Youngblood"

For those who do not understand the title, let me explain. It is a reference to one of my favourite movies of all time - the 1986 Rob Lowe hockey movie "Youngblood." The title is a play on the quote/event "Tea time with Miss McGill" which originated in this classic hockey film.

Miss McGill, played by Fionnula Flanagan, is a character who runs a boarding house where some of the new Mustang hockey players stay. Miss McGill was well known for asking the new players to have "tea" with her. Hence the quote from the movie, "The only thing better than a glass of beer, is tea with Miss McGill." McGill bring's the tea up to Deaner's room and while he goes through her collection of hockey cards of all her "boys", she procedes to unbutton her blouse exposing her bountiful rack. From that point Dean probably gave her a healthy smashing while the boys watched through the crack in the door.

Now, "Tea Time with Dean Youngblood" will be run A LOT differently than Miss McGill did in the movie. There will be no seducing young hockey players here but I will be readily available to provide the EXPERIENCED and NEWEST hockey fans with information that will help them appreciate the game of hockey even more than they did the previous day. As stated above, "On this Day in Hockey History" will be posted daily (as long as I am not too hungover ) but I also want to contribute my knowledge of fantasy related information as well.

I have a few article ideas that I will post over the next few weeks. As an addict of fantasy hockey, I take a lot pride in my abilities to find fantasy hockey gems and my success is fairly high IMO. In addition, I also take a lot of pride in "winning" my trades. However, there have been times where I have been TOTALLY wrong about a player and these are the players I am going to address in a series of articles I titled - "Youngblood's Scouting Reports...Gone BAD".

Sorry for the lengthy synopsis but I hope you return daily to view the "On this Day in Hockey History" Tidbits.

I hope you appreciate the upcoming articles from "Youngblood's Scouting Reports...Gone BAD".

Lastly, I will pass on any information I come across where I learn something "NEW" about hockey in general. It could be a serious factual hockey piece or a fun and comical hockey piece but if it's hockey related and there's a chance for learning something about hockey then it will appear in "Tea Time with Dean Youngblood"

At the end of the day, I am still a teacher (who lives hockey). From the "Youngblood Movie" I will pass on this very applicable quote,

"I think all hockey players should know how to read and write".

Visit PG Advised at dobberhockey.com and start reading!
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; November 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

glad you could join the team, looking forward to your articles dean.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Love it.

Welcome to the family
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Monster

Looking forward to it DY !