Thread: The Golddiggers.. Audit?

The Magnificent One

Default The Golddiggers.. Audit?

Based on the description you were saying your doing team audits and i wasnt sure if that meant just post it here and you guys will do it or message you and we do it that way but anyway here is my team wondering if audit can be done.

This is for my team in the sig. It is our second year and last year I was #1 for most of the season and in the end finished 2nd overall and won the playoffs (not nhl playoffs but yahoo playoffs).

I pretty much have the same team as last year as noone in the league would trade with me unless i overpayed. Yes i know my league reads these boards and this probably wont help me but ohwell.. need help.

We have a salary cap, assigned by round a player was drafted, and contract legnths but all in all it's pretty much a keep all as I can make it work to resign most if not everyone.

This season I won: 7-2-2 / 11-0 / 6-5 / 3-7-1 / 5-4-2.
    I am currently sitting in 4th. its a close race for the top 4. only 2 points split from slots 2-3-4 and 5 points from me to #1. I was tied for #1 at the start of this week but with strong finishes by the other top guys and just an average finish by me lands me in 4th.

Some guys were just one year plugs to fill out the roster: comeau, miettinen, aucion.

so thoughts ideas? the only thing to know is cant just cut a guy without paying a salary. so like cutting o'sully i can replace him with someone off the WW but i still need to pay him and the guy i sign. i have some breathing room. but the wavier wire is super thin.. with it being 12 teams 25 players and a 25 farm team.

Thank you for any help or thoughts or ideas.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

hey newper, i will try tackling this tomorrow, as i am pretty busy tonight. hope that is okay.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    hey newper, i will try tackling this tomorrow, as i am pretty busy tonight. hope that is okay.
    yeah defently. just figured it would be easier to type this all now then tom at work.

one thing i kind of left out was that the last 2 weeks with my team not performing so well i can always write it off to injuries but i like to see on a larger scale.

Last 2 weeks i had injuries to:
    miettinen: for the 2 weeks just got him back over the weekend.
    Lundqvist: missed this week
    Brodeur: missed 3 or so games
    Hossa: just got him back also recently missed 5 or something games
    Downie: missed this week
    O'sully: being scratched

again not excuses but that could explain the poor goalie stats i had this past week and the week before making me lose those 4 stats.. but anyway. just thought about all that while doing dishes lol.

thanxs again guys. love this section already
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think your best approach right now is to wait. Like you said, your goalies had an off week. Your in 4th with brodeur, lundvist and turco playing like crap, so i imagine you will rise near the top once they start playing like stars (i'm mostly talking about lundqvist and brodeur here, but even turco can pot some good numbers). You are also the owner of kovalchuk, who has been playing terrible so far. I expect him to start lighting the lamp now that he scored that ot pp goal. Another reason why you should stand pat is because there is pretty much nothing you can do right now. Picking up guys off the wire will cost you even more, and if what you say is true, the pickings are slim so there would barely be any upgrades to your squad. your farm players are not in the nhl so calling them up is pointless. which means your only option left is to trade, but it seems no one is willing to make any. my best advice to you is to put some of your guys on the block, and see what trade offers generate. otherwise i think you should be fine. i'm assuming this pool is a yahoo pool with playoffs. your team will definitely make the playoffs, and your team has the possiblity to have a monster goaltending week (where goaltending accounts for 36% of your stats that is pretty important). if you have any other questions feel free to pm me, as i don't want your competitors knowing any more than they have to!