Thread: Ramblings - Saturday November 13th

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default Ramblings - Saturday November 13th

Saturday, November 13

3 Studs
    Honorable Mention - Thomas Plekanec - 1G, 3A, +3, 1 SOG
    Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta line combined for 10 points. All three players extended their points streaks to four games.

3. Brian Elliot - Shutout
    Elliot stopped 31 shots to finally give Thomas his first lost of the season (who is now 8-1-0) and also handing BOS their first pointless outcome of the season.

2. Evgeny Malkin - 3G, 1A, 1PPP, +2, 2PIM, 7 SOG
    After hearing praba's shots (below), Malkin gave his owners a great multicat night with a hat trick + peripherals. Good for him!

1. Ray Whitney - 3G, 2A, +2, 2 PPP, 7 SOG.
    Whitney matches a career high with his 5 point night. He got a hat trick and contributed to all 5 of the Coyotes goals. He edges out Malkin for the #1 stud of the night.

3 Duds
    3. Andrei Markov leaves with injury
    Not sure what the extent is but Markov left the ice much in the same manner of last years playoffs - when he tore his ACL.

2. Phil Kessel finally records a point.
    He was held pointless in the last seven Toronto games after scoring 7 in the first 8.

1. After a stellar 7-1 victory over EDM this past Tuesday, Carolina has given up a total of 15 goals in their last two outings. (8-1 to PHI on Thursday, 7-2 tonight against MTL)

--

Congrats on Doulos for betting on a winning proline ticket in the games section. First win since the challenge started. Let's see who else can get a winning ticket!

Vancouver finished their NE Canadian trip with a 2-1 record. They still have two games on the road (BUF & PIT) before heading back to the Rogers Arena. MTL held them pointless on Tuesday, motivating them to take care of the Ontario duo with ease - although TOR held up more of a fight.

Daniel Sedin scored Vancouver's first goals in both Ontario games.

Interesting fact, Henrik has finished with more PIMs than Daniel in every NHL season they've been a part of. This year will be no different.

GMG

First of all i would like to thank everyone who voted. Whether you voted for duballstar or praba/gates, you made the right choice as both parties will do their best to contribute to the forums.

Ovechkin's career high in goals is 65, and his career high in assists is 59. He is on pace for 46 goals (tying career low) and 71 assists (career high)

could this be the first year that none of the big 3 win the art ross/richard? stamkos looks unstoppable, and while i dont think he will win the art ross, the richard all but has his name on it.

a more personal read on jeff skinner. his sister was interviewed in my university's newspaper. You can find the article here:
    http://www.charlatan.ca/content/sibl...skinner-family

if stamkos wins the richard, and skinner wins the calder, it will be one hell of a parade in my hometown of markham, ontario.

if malkin played a full season in 09/10, his projected stats are:

34G, 59A, 93P, 122PIM

this year, his projected stats are:

21G, 43A, 64P, 10PIM

dissapointing is an understatement.

vernon fiddler scored his first hattrick in his nhl career today. too bad there was probably only 12 people in attendance to witness it.

no player on the coyotes is on pace to break 50 points this season.

no player on the blues is on pace to break 60 points this season.

cam fowler is on pace for 41 points. not bad, considering he slipped to 12th overall.

brassard had his 8 game point streak (11 points) broken last night. he is still on pace for 70 points, but as a brassard owner, i'd be pleased if he even cleared 60.

mike smith actually played pretty decent until the last 8 minutes of the game. mind you, the last 8 minutes were pretty terrible.

after trading brad richards and dan boyle, essentially the remains of them are mike smith, teddy purcell, and downie.

imagine a pp consisting of stamkos, lecavalier, st.louis, richards, boyle, now that would be deadly! (it would also be deadly expensive, since playing them for the entire 2min pp would cost the team $11,926)

-praba

Last edited by GMGates; November 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hee hee - I think Malkin just told you to stfu, Praba.

The Magnificent One

great read!! i love this. you guys and dobbers ramblings opens up so much more info.

keep it up!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hee hee - I think Malkin just told you to stfu, Praba.
    Yeppers, and I love every part of it! (Own him in 3 leagues)
    Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    great read!! i love this. you guys and dobbers ramblings opens up so much more info.

keep it up!
    Thanks! Enjoy some more - updated!!!
    Gates Imbeau

updated #1 stud of the evening
    Gates Imbeau

The Great One

I for one LOVE this!!!

Dobbers site imho has three things that really make it the best site out there for fnatsay (or even real) hockey:

- Best guide in the world- hands down. The only one I even bother looking at (other than a quick perusal anyways) is Mckeens. Dobbers guide has ruined others for me- I literally hate them.

- Best forums- nuff said- greatest forum community I have ever seen for any hobby/topic.

- The daily ramblings.

The last point is significant because unlike other fantasy columns you see weekly or bi-monthly, it gives you game to game analysis which can be very insightful and especially helpful in leagues with daily roster/waiver moves. Also I think you inadvertently (or advertently I guess) give perspective on players/topics you might not in a column/article format where word count might be more limited. Its almost like talking to a buddy at a pub. Only your buddy is a hockey pool genius and ensures you win a load of cash every year. I really, really enjoyed Angus' step into the ramblings world- as I feel he brings a lot more "hunch" based musings and I could be wrong here but i feel he tends to thoroughly analyse games and give his thoughts rather than the more stat or trend based insight that made dobber famous (just to clarify I know dobber absolutely watches games and gives personal opinion, and Angus does use stats I just saying the content is moreso one way or the other- 60-40 to 40-60, so to speak).

The point of that rant is just to say I am STOKED that you guys are going to step in and add your thoughts. I know praba is a witty insightful guy and GMGates has personally helped with some very big decisions on my squad so needless to say I am very enthused to have a front row seat and a chance to pick your collective brains on a daily basis!

I for one will make this the second stop of my morning internet routine- keep up the daily ramblings- good work!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

lol @ malkin. i was simply pointing out how bad he was playing compared to last year fantasy wise. hopefullt that hat trick lit a fire under his ass since i own him in one of my leagues. anyone else need someone to score a hat trick? perhaps i'll mention how dissapointing they are in my next segment and voila- hat trick on the same day!