Thread: M Michalek

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default M Michalek

You guys are close to the Sens news - can you give me a fix on Michalek? I keep thinking he might be a buy low for a one year but he doesn't look to be ready to perform.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Personally I don't think he will clear 50 this year. Even 40 seems to be a stretch right now, as he is on pace for 35 points. Since michalek's career high is 66 with the sharks, it seems he does have the upside, but the question is will he ever hit those numbers in ottawa? Probably not, but i think he could hit 60 in the right situation (definitely not this year). Michalek has had several surgeries on his knee, so he is clearly a bandaid boy. Combining the chance of injury, along with his low production, I don't see michalek as a good pickup in a one year. Hope this helps shoeless. Once we get the team sections running, you could post this in the senators section and you should be able to get even more opinions/advice on michalek.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Shoeless, you said it yourself "he doesn't look to be ready to perform".

That's what has been the case so far this season, with 6 points in 13 games. His new pace is 38 points after tonight's game. Like praba, I would not expect more than 50 this season. If that's good enough to warrant him a look in terms of depth in your league, then he might be an option. Although, I would strongly consider looking elsewhere.

Michalek was barely noticeable in the OTT / VAN game I attended. I wasn't particularly looking for him, but none of his play caught my eye.

GMG
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Veteran

Might not be my place to comment so go ahead and purge me if desired.....
    I watch as many Senator games as I can, which seems to be all of them except Saturday nights thanks to CBC and the Leafs....hahaha.....sorry off topic there.
    Anyway, I can't say I have any interest in grabbing Michalek in any of my leagues. He isn't very noticeable (as stated above) at all. When he gets points, he gets them more becuase of who his linemates are more than because of his talent. There was a comment in the game the other night about how fast Michalek is....it caught me off-guard becuase I have never noticed this speed they spoke of. So, make from that what you want......but I'd take a pass unless he is your best option.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Banned

^ I agree with Hybrid. I think he will be a better option next season when he should be fully recovered from surgery (and he will probably be back to playing with Spezza by then). If he's healthy and using his speed he could be a 30 goal threat with not a lot of assists, but that's still valuable. His speed is just not where it was prior to his knee injury just yet.

Also, his current linemates Alfie and Fisher have been sucking lately (and they get hurt frequently), so he has little value as of right now. I am still holding onto him in some keepers though.