Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Get PAVELEC NOW!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

@lektrix...great trade! Getting Zetts for Pavelec and Ribeiro is a great return.
    @The Feker...I agree Atlanta looks like a different team, but I'm not buying into this just yet...1/4 of a season...I'm betting you see Atl in the bottom third in terms of goals against come season's end. I agree that their D is not crap...but Bogo is still very young and learning...Buff is playing great on the PP and getting points, but he's not exactly Rod Langway....Oduya has been a nice add...But as I said, I'm not buying...yet.

I do agree with Pavs pedigree...high draft pick...maturing into a good goalie...but if you can get a return like lektrix...do it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree, don't trade him in a keeper league unless you get a huge overpayment, but in a 1yr league, sure.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Star

Would anyone do Rinne for Pavelec in a 1 year league?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    Would anyone do Rinne for Pavelec in a 1 year league?
    Rather have Rinne for sure. Better goalie, defensive team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Rather have Rinne for sure. Better goalie, defensive team.
    That advice was made wrong through bad luck and Pavs being a legitimate MONSTER. I think I agreed with you at the time. BTW, where's my rep for starting this early and sticking up for Pavs at all costs? I think there's a certain Atlanta naysayer who'd rather not show his face on this thread, he owes a lot of posters here some rep

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    That advice was made wrong through bad luck and Pavs being a legitimate MONSTER. I think I agreed with you at the time. BTW, where's my rep for starting this early and sticking up for Pavs at all costs? I think there's a certain Atlanta naysayer who'd rather not show his face on this thread, he owes a lot of posters here some rep
    Yea, bad luck about Rinne's injury... that's kind of uncontrollable though. Injury aside, I'd still take Rinne over Pavelec. I love Pavelec and am a big fan but I feel like something's gotta give at some point here.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I do not know how long it will last (hopefully a while, knock on wood), but even if it were to end right now, it was well worth picking him up! Good call, dongjohnson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I love Rinne and if he was healthy I might still take him over Pavelec, but has he ever gone on such a prolonged amazing stretch like Pavelec is on right now?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Leetch#2 View Post
    I love Rinne and if he was healthy I might still take him over Pavelec, but has he ever gone on such a prolonged amazing stretch like Pavelec is on right now?
    I think his best stretch was not quite as long but it was close. Pavs is just wonderful and what he's doing can be continued. He's basing his stellar play off patience, positioning and tracking the puck. He also has great speed and lateral movement for being 6'3, 220lbs. My view is that goalies who succeed because of athleticism or mobility alone are bound to fail and he's not one of those guys. If Atlanta's D improves, he could be a big threat for a long time to come.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post

My best guess is something like 2.75 and .915.
    Well you are fairly close. 2.73 and .920 as of press time. 20 wins in 50 starts...

Some time has lapsed since this thread...what are people's thoughts now....could fantasy option next year, more of the same, or waiver wire material.

Atlanta is 30th in goals against (and when they play the game they have in hand compared to Edmonton, they will be 31st).

I don't think the prospect of them getting better defensively as a team is any better next year.......so is it more of the same with this kid?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by notoriusbug View Post
    Well you are fairly close. 2.73 and .920 as of press time. 20 wins in 50 starts...

Some time has lapsed since this thread...what are people's thoughts now....could fantasy option next year, more of the same, or waiver wire material.

Atlanta is 30th in goals against (and when they play the game they have in hand compared to Edmonton, they will be 31st).

I don't think the prospect of them getting better defensively as a team is any better next year.......so is it more of the same with this kid?
    what is crazy is that he started 2% drafted/owned in yahoo this season... when I picked him up off WW RIGHT after draft I was shocked... I've watched this guy last few years and think hes going to be a solid goalie. Good to see he is headed in that direction. [I traded him w/ Dubinsky for Kesler early season ]

If ATL was a more consistent team he would have even better stats.
    Watching pavs lastyear, his performances were still pretty solid but just inconsistent...this year they seem a little more consistent... hopefully next year even more phenomenal... I'd take pavs over howard any day (at a later round)...I own howard and i'd probably draft pavs and try to deal howard (my keeper) away for another keeper and roll pavs.

End of the day, i look at it this way....
    does the benefit out weigh the cost? sure does, you can get pavs so cheap with decent numbers. OR pay high for a guy like howard... and be disapointed. there is a lot of upside here...
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The problem is, he was Jekyll and Hyde this year (so were the Thrashers as a whole for that matter). His solid play in Nov/Dec set expectations so high for the rest of the year that when the team tanked in the new year it seemed that much worse. Keep in mind he was riding a wave that had him pegged as a Vezina candidate over Thomas around Christmas time. I think the team will be better next year with a decent core group of young talent (Pavs included) so I'd expect better overall stats than this year. But I still think inconsistency will prevail next year. I'm keeping my distance for now. Maybe that means I'll miss the boat on a good young goalie entering his prime, who knows? But I think many are going to proceed with caution as well. So if you take him now and he prospers, then you deserve the success he brings to your team. Depending who else you have between the pipes, he may be worth the gamble as a 2nd or 3rd G.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports Stud

Don't play him the rest of the year. Keep him for next season, Atlanta will be a MUCH better team.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Don't play him the rest of the year. Keep him for next season, Atlanta will be a MUCH better team.
    +1. They can only move up from here, let's just hope they upgrade their D too.

Dobber Sports Novice

He's been such a godsend to my team this year, but now since I'm not keeping him (since we only keep 3 players) I am thinking of dropping him.

One thing to check. I know at some point his SV% and GAA at regular strength were extremly good, but on the penalty kill (and power play) he was far below league average.
    I don't know where he stands on those stats now, but if it's still the same, that tells you if ATL shapes up it's penalty kill, he's got potential to be one of the best goalies in the league.
    Thought it was worth checking.