Thread: Blake/Souray

The Great One

Default Blake/Souray

I am in a long term positional keeper league with a team i purchased from a retired owner. Since discovering dobbers site i have taken on a new tact in trying to scoop up prospects and rookies who haven\'t peaked yet. As it stands I have a very young team with only Souray (31) and Jason Blake (34), left on the old guard. Do you think these players will generate any interest in a pre-season trade? Also if anyone has some advice on who I might be able to scoop for them that would be welcome as well.
    Thanx

I...am your father.

Default Re:Blake/Souray

I think they both would generate interest, although for Souray I would wait until several games into the season when he has a lot of points before shopping him. As for Blake, if he signs with a good team, there will be a ton of interest out there for him - overrating interest. That will be the time to dish him off. It would be easiest to trade him to a team that has players from his new NHL team. Poolies often like to \"match up\", so if he signs somewhere like Vancouver, trade him to the guy that owns the Sedins. If he signs in Toronto, trade him to the guy that owns Sundin, etc.

You\'ll get great value for him at that point - a reasonably high pick and an above-average prospect, or else a dark horse risk like Nik Zherdev.B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber says it best...

he said the exact same advice I would\'ve said... so I guess I\'ll second what he said (just in case for some reason you were questioning his opinion)...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

The Great One

Sweet- Thanx for the advice guys, I\'ll be watching intently to see where these guys end up. Cheers!