Thread: Cory Schneider Chart / Outlook

The King of Diatribes

Default Cory Schneider Chart / Outlook

Enjoy! From his awesome 33-save performance in a 3-1 win over the Avs last Thursday here in Denver. My first time seeing him play live for a full 60 minutes from the press box. Even had binoculars, so this report is solid for sure. As was his game.

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?p=5144

Fantasy Outlook: Definitely have a legit long-term starter on our hands. His placement at #3 overall in Top-100 is dead on. I think he still is in line for 20 starts, maybe closer to 25 now. I think depending on how Lack develops, the Canucks have two solid options for a backup to Luongo for next year. Of course everyone knows I'm a HUGE Tyler Weiman fan, and I think he could get the job if the Canucks want Lack to have a heavier workload in the AHL next year.

But the reality is that Schneider is too good to continue being a backup after this year. Think of the Halak situation, except Luongo is much more established than Price. I know he is signed for $900,000 next year, then an UFA, but the Canucks could get an awesome return on him if they moved him over the summer. Obviously this a pretty long-term fantasy outlook, but it is worth discussing right now, as he's only going to get better.

If I were Canucks GM, I would let Schneider push Luongo this year, then trade him for some good return. Bring up Weiman to back up Luongo next year, let Lack develop with a full-blown workload in the AHL next year, then bring up Lack to back up Luongo in 2012-13.

Dobber Sports Superstar

He will be a RFA after next year, not an UFA. Nice report.